Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Diane19
    • By Diane19 14th Sep 18, 5:44 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Diane19
    Employment,jobseeking & Training
    • 14th Sep 18, 5:44 PM
    Employment,jobseeking & Training 14th Sep 18 at 5:44 PM
    Hiya everyone, I am a single mom just gone on to jsa i am training to be a teacher assisant,i was told as my daughter is not under 5 yrs anymore need claim jsa.Jobcentre as told me i only can study if i work as 16 hrs,i will doing 3 courses this year maths,english, and teaching supporting and 12 hrs placement. So a total 21 hrs a week i will be doing, what gets me mad i trying to find work i always do my job search but us single mom's don't get a break,if i was a drunk i get more support,feels like my hard work gets judged don't seem fair to me so some one can you tell me if i doing a full time course can i claim income support or get some other help to help pay my bills as some of us woman can not depend on a man this day's.
Page 1
    • elsien
    • By elsien 14th Sep 18, 5:46 PM
    • 17,584 Posts
    • 44,470 Thanks
    elsien
    • 14th Sep 18, 5:46 PM
    • 14th Sep 18, 5:46 PM
    New poster, clickbait last sentence. Sits back and watches with interest.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • ohreally
    • By ohreally 14th Sep 18, 6:00 PM
    • 6,823 Posts
    • 5,361 Thanks
    ohreally
    • 14th Sep 18, 6:00 PM
    • 14th Sep 18, 6:00 PM
    some of us woman can not depend on a man this day's.
    Originally posted by Diane19
    Perhaps it's simply your judgement that's poor.
    Donít be a canít, be a can.
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 14th Sep 18, 6:31 PM
    • 3,916 Posts
    • 10,583 Thanks
    LilElvis
    • 14th Sep 18, 6:31 PM
    • 14th Sep 18, 6:31 PM
    It's a "teaching assistant". Can't even get the job title right. Won't even go there with regard to the !!!! poor grammar, though at least it gives me some encouragement as my eight year old's is much better.
    • sangie595
    • By sangie595 14th Sep 18, 9:11 PM
    • 5,653 Posts
    • 9,783 Thanks
    sangie595
    • 14th Sep 18, 9:11 PM
    • 14th Sep 18, 9:11 PM
    They just don't make trolls on this forum like they used to.
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 14th Sep 18, 9:44 PM
    • 8,126 Posts
    • 17,590 Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    • 14th Sep 18, 9:44 PM
    • 14th Sep 18, 9:44 PM
    Hiya everyone, I am a single mom just gone on to jsa i am training to be a teacher assisant,i was told as my daughter is not under 5 yrs anymore need claim jsa.Jobcentre as told me i only can study if i work as 16 hrs,i will doing 3 courses this year maths,english, and teaching supporting and 12 hrs placement. So a total 21 hrs a week i will be doing, what gets me mad i trying to find work i always do my job search but us single mom's don't get a break,if i was a drunk i get more support,feels like my hard work gets judged don't seem fair to me so some one can you tell me if i doing a full time course can i claim income support or get some other help to help pay my bills as some of us woman can not depend on a man this day's.

On the offchance that this is a genuine post, may I suggest that you

A) work really hard at improving your spelling, grammar and punctuation
    B) don't judge others

Income support is not available for your circumstances. Student finance will not be available either, as the course is not advanced enough. I don't know if there is any other financial support available, but be assured that others cope in difficult circumstances.

You can do your job searching in the evenings when your little one is in bed - that won't impact on your courses or placements, which are only for 21 hours a week. Presumably this is mostly whilst your child is in school. You have evenings and weekends as well, although I appreciate that you will want to spend time with your child.
    • Les79
    • By Les79 14th Sep 18, 9:59 PM
    • 617 Posts
    • 698 Thanks
    Les79
    • 14th Sep 18, 9:59 PM
    • 14th Sep 18, 9:59 PM
    Hiya everyone, I am[fine but consider a contraction] a single mom[ "who has"?] just gone on to jsa [needs to be capitalized] i [capitalized, maybe also needs to be a new sentence. Could also consider using a contraction] am training to be a teacher assisant["teaching assistant" with the correct spelling of "assistant"],i[needs to be capitalized] was told [that (and needs commas)] as my daughter is not under 5 yrs anymore[reword as "I was told that as my daughter is no longer under 5 yrs old I"] need claim jsa[capitalize].{space}][The] Jobcentre [h]as told me.....[I have given up at this point]
    I hope you're a troll or an MSE bot.

Your grasp of English is atrocious! If you are serious then you'd be doing an absolute disservice to the children you come in contact with!

I find it admirable that you are taking a Maths and English course, but these should be your primary focus! If I had my way, you wouldn't be allowed ANYWHERE NEAR a classroom right now. Alas, the state of the education in the UK does mean that people with limited skills can get in (they pay the teacher workforce peanuts so don't attract the best sort of people).

I'd love to know what happened during your mandatory UK education though. They make us all do GCSEs and, if you want, A-levels... Did you get your GCSE maths and English, grade C or above? If not, why not? And why did you have a child when you had no clear idea of where you were going? And what happened to your partner (contrary to popular belief, not every man does a runner on women when they give birth to their child IF the relationship is on a solid foundation)?

Worst case scenario is that you are of the generation who thought that a baby was a free ticket to a life on benefits.
    Last edited by Les79; 14-09-2018 at 10:01 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,128Posts Today

8,924Users online

Martin's Twitter