Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WLM21
    • By WLM21 14th Sep 18, 4:54 PM
    • 1,108Posts
    • 350Thanks
    WLM21
    Internal Doors .. Moulded Styles
    • 14th Sep 18, 4:54 PM
    Internal Doors .. Moulded Styles 14th Sep 18 at 4:54 PM
    We need to replace 10 internal doors and my wife has been looking online.

She has seen cheap white panel doors which I am trying to discourage her from picking.

We want white doors, so that rules out oak ones, but surely doors at about 25 each can't be much good ?

Now I'm not a joiner, so can't explain why I doubt that 25 quid doors are worth buying, but surely there will be some doors of decent quality that don't cost an arm and a leg

Not really a fan of the large DIY chains. Many many years ago had a loft extension done and my father bought everything through Magnet Joinery ... is that company still selling decent products.

thanks !
Page 1
    • EssexExile
    • By EssexExile 14th Sep 18, 5:02 PM
    • 3,101 Posts
    • 2,176 Thanks
    EssexExile
    • 14th Sep 18, 5:02 PM
    • 14th Sep 18, 5:02 PM
    What do you want from the doors? If they are going to be painted white does it really matter what's underneath?

We had good hardwood doors all around the house. Downstairs are polished & they look lovely, upstairs were painted & they looked alright. Then we had an extension done & I was a bit peeved that the builder fitted cheap doors upstairs. After a few years though they are still fine & I eventually replaced all the old ones so they all match.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

336Posts Today

3,418Users online

Martin's Twitter