Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MissT1980
    • By MissT1980 14th Sep 18, 12:37 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    MissT1980
    Parking Eye help please
    • 14th Sep 18, 12:37 PM
    Parking Eye help please 14th Sep 18 at 12:37 PM
    Hi, We overstayed in our parking by 13 minutes and have been sent a Parking Eye Notice to Keeper. However they sent it to us over a month after the event.
    We copied the letter from this forum, declining to name the driver as they had notified us too late.
    We have now received a very confusing letter telling us that a 3rd party has contacted them stating that they were driving (weird as we were driving but decline to tell them that) and that unless we tell them who was driving within the next 14 days that they will pursue us anyway as the registered keepers.
    What happended to the bit where they had to notify us within 14 days under POFA 2012?? Are they just trying it on. Whay do we do now? Go back to them and state again that they didn't notify us in time and we don't have to tell them or pay? Help please!!
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Sep 18, 1:51 PM
    • 10,549 Posts
    • 10,948 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 14th Sep 18, 1:51 PM
    • 14th Sep 18, 1:51 PM
    Ignore that letter and wait patiently for a PoPLA code.

Did you perhaps appeal 'on behalf of' the driver?
    • Shazt69
    • By Shazt69 15th Sep 18, 10:21 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shazt69
    • 15th Sep 18, 10:21 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 10:21 PM
    Hi, help please anyone who may know what I should do, I’ve recently received a parking eye ticket, as I work as a live in carer and haven’t been home in a month, I’ve received this ticket, after speaking to some people I’ve been advised to ignore, not really sure I should?
    As I’ve missed the time of paying lower payment it’s now gone to 70,,
    Please can anyone tell me is this a problem for me,,
    Thanks in advance ��
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Sep 18, 10:27 PM
    • 63,827 Posts
    • 76,466 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Sep 18, 10:27 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 10:27 PM
    Please read the NEWBIES thread.

See my signature, the thread you need is just 2 clicks away.

Don't reply here, it's not your thread. Read the NEWBIES thread. NO LINK GIVEN.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • MissT1980
    • By MissT1980 19th Sep 18, 1:56 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    MissT1980
    • 19th Sep 18, 1:56 PM
    • 19th Sep 18, 1:56 PM
    HI

Thanks for your response.

We emailed them saying, we are the registerd keepers, we received their NTK and decline to tell them who was driving as they failed to notify us for over one month. Was that correct? What now?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Sep 18, 1:45 AM
    • 63,827 Posts
    • 76,466 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 20th Sep 18, 1:45 AM
    • 20th Sep 18, 1:45 AM
    Sounds good. You can't lose at POPLA.

They will send you a POPLA code - as a bluff - and the registered keeper will win by citing ''no keeper liability'' because it's what we on the forum call a ParkingEye 'Golden Ticket' (as seen in the NEWBIES thread 3rd post, in a link to a picture of one).

We have now received a very confusing letter telling us that a 3rd party has contacted them stating that they were driving (weird as we were driving but decline to tell them that) and that unless we tell them who was driving within the next 14 days that they will pursue us anyway as the registered keepers.
    Riiight, so they say a ''third party contacted them, saying that third party was driving''?!

So, send PE's Data Protection Officer (DPO) a SAR (look up the contact details of the DPO, by looking on PE's website for their privacy notice,and specifically addrs this to them, headed up SAR - re VRN xxxx xxxx).

State to the DPO that (obviously re-written in the first person!):

This is a Subject Access request, and ParkingEye already know from the DVLA and from you, who you are, and that you are identified as the registered keeper of the car above. As such, ParkingEye MUST NOT waste time with the tired old chestnut of pretending they need to see the V5, or insurance, or other intrusive data from a person who they have already identified and connected to this email address.

The keeper is concerned that a letter about PCN ref xxxxx/xxxxx dated xx/xx/18, astonishingly states that ParkingEye have apparently been corresponding with an unnamed ''third party'' about your VRN (which is your personal data). State that you are confused and concerned and that you request a copy of the correspondence exchanged about your VRN/car, and should the DPO fail to produce it, under your right of subject access, you will be reporting ParkingEye to the Information Commissioner immediately.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 20-09-2018 at 1:49 AM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,718Posts Today

9,696Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Warning: Energy price comparisons are now WRONG due to the price cap - it needs fixing - my letter to Ofgem alerti? https://t.co/vE9IHyM58X

• Follow Martin