Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wheelz
    • By wheelz 14th Sep 18, 7:28 AM
    • 332Posts
    • 61Thanks
    wheelz
    sowing seeds
    • 14th Sep 18, 7:28 AM
    sowing seeds 14th Sep 18 at 7:28 AM
    I have recently sown white (dutch) clover seeds on a small bare patch (3m2) in the front lawn. The bare patch came about as we cut down a box tree that had grown very big for many years and there was no grass underneath. It seems it has not been evenly divided despite me mixing it with soil first. Could I add some even mid September? Or is there no point and should I wait until next year now? Also I would just be sprinkling it on top as I can't mess up what's there already. I think there is no harm in trying apart from if it's pointless (seeds have to be above a certain temperature) if it wouldn't work.
Page 1
    • unrecordings
    • By unrecordings 14th Sep 18, 9:12 AM
    • 411 Posts
    • 479 Thanks
    unrecordings
    • 14th Sep 18, 9:12 AM
    • 14th Sep 18, 9:12 AM
    https://www.victoriananursery.co.uk/Wild_White_Clover_Seed/

To August, but that's only two weeks, so if you're in the South I'd go for it. If we have an Indian Summer then you'll be quids in. I think the worst that can happen is that that you'll have to weed and re-seed next year
    • wheelz
    • By wheelz 14th Sep 18, 2:21 PM
    • 332 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    wheelz
    • 14th Sep 18, 2:21 PM
    • 14th Sep 18, 2:21 PM
    I ordered some more, actually ordered the first batch from Victoriana. Hope it arrives before I go away next Thursday.
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 15th Sep 18, 2:22 AM
    • 26,628 Posts
    • 96,000 Thanks
    Davesnave
    • 15th Sep 18, 2:22 AM
    • 15th Sep 18, 2:22 AM
    Rules are made to be broken. I sowed grass/clover mix in the field last November and took a hay crop from it in in July this year.
    A garden is never so good as it will be next year....
    • wheelz
    • By wheelz 16th Sep 18, 8:58 AM
    • 332 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    wheelz
    • 16th Sep 18, 8:58 AM
    • 16th Sep 18, 8:58 AM
    Rules are made to be broken. I sowed grass/clover mix in the field last November and took a hay crop from it in in July this year.
    Originally posted by Davesnave
    Great. Will it be alright if I sprinkle it? I'll have to.
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 16th Sep 18, 9:35 AM
    • 26,628 Posts
    • 96,000 Thanks
    Davesnave
    • 16th Sep 18, 9:35 AM
    • 16th Sep 18, 9:35 AM
    Great. Will it be alright if I sprinkle it? I'll have to.
    Originally posted by wheelz
    I have one of those automatic spreaders, but I prefer sprinkling and did that just last week, because the bit of field I was overseeding needed to be patch-sown, rather than all over. I did scarify very lightly afterwards, but it's not essential.
    A garden is never so good as it will be next year....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,210Posts Today

8,666Users online

Martin's Twitter