Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Paton147
    • By Paton147 13th Sep 18, 6:03 PM
    • 42Posts
    • 11Thanks
    Paton147
    Lawful Development Certificate
    • 13th Sep 18, 6:03 PM
    Lawful Development Certificate 13th Sep 18 at 6:03 PM
    A neighbour spotted a window being delivered to our home and complained to the council as we are in a conservation area.

I spoke with the guy today and he is satisfied the proposed replacement is fine. Itís to the rear of the property and in-keeping. I didnít mention I had already replaced the back door and kitchen window!, however these match all the other properties anyway.

He explained the LDC issue... but my question is whether or not standard sash and case windows as opposed to, say, large bi-fold doors or perhaps an extension would ever be queried when we sell?

If I Apply for an LDC then is a remote chance someone else may take a different view and decline them as exempt. Forcing me to apply for planning.

So... what are your thoughts on how likely replacement windows would be as a trigger to query planning approval/LDC when the house is sold? When we bought it in 2013 our solicitor never mentioned windows and they were a mix mash of styles! None of which were ever granted approval!
Page 1
    • anselld
    • By anselld 13th Sep 18, 7:08 PM
    • 5,961 Posts
    • 5,693 Thanks
    anselld
    • 13th Sep 18, 7:08 PM
    • 13th Sep 18, 7:08 PM
    Who is "the guy"?

If it the Conservation Officer and he is happy then I wouldn't worry about it.

Did he mention if there are actually restrictions at the rear of the properties. Conservation areas often only affect the frontage.
    • Paton147
    • By Paton147 14th Sep 18, 5:21 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Paton147
    • 14th Sep 18, 5:21 PM
    • 14th Sep 18, 5:21 PM
    Heís the council enforcement officer. He said even if it were the front windows, as it was sash and case he would still have recommended no planning is required.
    • Badger50
    • By Badger50 19th Sep 18, 5:03 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    Badger50
    • 19th Sep 18, 5:03 PM
    • 19th Sep 18, 5:03 PM
    More important to cover compliance with building regulations IMO. Future buyers will expect a FENSA certificate.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

103Posts Today

2,010Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Not sure how I ever succeeded running a successful entreprise? After all my gardening and garden design skills are? https://t.co/FFnvkjsGDU

• Follow Martin