Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pickledonionspaceraider
    • By pickledonionspaceraider 13th Sep 18, 5:14 PM
    • 1,203Posts
    • 3,263Thanks
    pickledonionspaceraider
    It really IRKS me when
    • 13th Sep 18, 5:14 PM
    It really IRKS me when 13th Sep 18 at 5:14 PM
    When people say ''Bless you''...especially when it don't fit into anything that is being said

''I am just going shopping''

''ahhhh Bless you''

It really winds me up.. To me it comes across as patronizing and like they have some kind of god complex

I'm currently sitting across from a lady in the office, who says this several times per day

What silly things like that irritate you? Silly sayings etc?
    You only live once...so make sure you spend 15 hours on the internet every day desperately seeking validation from strangers
Page 4
    • Tabbytabitha
    • By Tabbytabitha 14th Sep 18, 8:22 PM
    • 4,048 Posts
    • 6,467 Thanks
    Tabbytabitha
    Or to make it more pukeworthy

'Virtual Hugs, Hun - Mwah'
    Originally posted by ska lover
    And the brackets thing as well! {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}
    • pickledonionspaceraider
    • By pickledonionspaceraider 14th Sep 18, 8:51 PM
    • 1,203 Posts
    • 3,263 Thanks
    pickledonionspaceraider
    And the brackets thing as well! {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}
    Originally posted by Tabbytabitha
    hahahaha Properly sniggering here. Nearly spilled my Wine

I have a friend who writes that in a birthday card.

With a pen

Even worse haahah
    You only live once...so make sure you spend 15 hours on the internet every day desperately seeking validation from strangers
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 15th Sep 18, 8:17 AM
    • 20,659 Posts
    • 55,517 Thanks
    Pollycat
    And then there are the types who just STOP and stand in very busy areas ...such as holding a conversation in a public door way.......or they bump into someone they know in a busy supermarket whilst 2 adults, their kids, and 2 trolleys block the entire aisle and then stare blankly at you whilst you struggle to get past...Making it like you are the one with the problem.
    Originally posted by pickledonionspaceraider
    This ^^^^.
    And people who stop and stand still right at the top or bottom of escalators. I'm never very comfortable on escalators and mentally ready myself to elbow them out of the way before more people cram behind me.

The intent behind this was supposed to be a light hearted thread
    Originally posted by pickledonionspaceraider
    I think it's a great thread.
    • Sunny Intervals
    • By Sunny Intervals 15th Sep 18, 2:20 PM
    • 214 Posts
    • 650 Thanks
    Sunny Intervals
    This ^^^^.
    And people who stop and stand still right at the top or bottom of escalators. I'm never very comfortable on escalators and mentally ready myself to elbow them out of the way before more people cram behind me.
    Originally posted by Pollycat

That drives me loopy. It just shows a complete lack of consideration for/awareness of the people around you. "No, no, you just stop right there, clearly this is your own personal escalator."

I think it's a great thread.

Then get ye over to The Arms. There's a long-running "what's irritating you?" thread on there you might enjoy.
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 17th Sep 18, 11:15 AM
    • 1,044 Posts
    • 2,569 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    I've just remembered another which annoys me, when people ask "Do you have a family?" when what they really mean is "Do you have kids?", as if parents, grandparents and siblings don't count.
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 17th Sep 18, 12:03 PM
    • 10,875 Posts
    • 14,317 Thanks
    hazyjo
    How charitable giving is used for bragging rights on social media..well some cases of it...Let me explain
    Originally posted by ska lover
    Oh God, yes. I started a whole thread on it one Christmas. I got sick of seeing friends on FB with things like wrapped presents saying 'on my way to the local hospital with these...' and exactly what you said about seeing people take pics/selfies of themselves giving a homeless person things like an 'avocado and smoked salmon on pumpkin seaded rye' or 'skinny mocha latte with caramel shot and sprinkles' (I don't drink coffee, so no idea what they give, but prob something like that!). Just humiliating! (For all involved!)

Also people who correct you when you say 'me' in the correct way, like 'she came to the cinema with Katy and me' and they say 'I' really firmly at you! Err, no mate, you're wrong actually! My nephew tries to do it to me! I react badly LOL.

Also hating the 'happy days' they all say now too. Some young bloke from a band (I think) was saying it in every sentence on Masterchef the other night. Arghhhh!

Got me started now lol... on a roll. Another one, some lawyers at work say things like 'thanks, that's AMAZING/AWESOME' when I've printed a letter for them. What the hell? No, it's really not.
    2018 wins: Single Malt Whisky; theatre tickets; festival tickets; year of gin(!); shoes
    • Spank
    • By Spank 17th Sep 18, 3:44 PM
    • 879 Posts
    • 680 Thanks
    Spank
    I hate 'going forward' and 24/7.
    Originally posted by seven-day-weekend
    I don't mind 24/7

but 24/7/365 really winds me up, it doesn't make sense.

24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 weeks a year, really?
    • amistupid
    • By amistupid 17th Sep 18, 5:01 PM
    • 52,505 Posts
    • 167,024 Thanks
    amistupid
    My wife finds me irksome.

She said, "If you weren't such a nitpicker we'd have less arguments."

I said, "It's fewer arguments."
    In memory of Chris Hyde #867
    • TheMagician
    • By TheMagician 18th Sep 18, 5:45 PM
    • 270 Posts
    • 552 Thanks
    TheMagician
    'Mega' - absolutely hate that one
    'Lit' - what?.. Is something on fire?..
    • dotchas
    • By dotchas 18th Sep 18, 6:53 PM
    • 2,395 Posts
    • 3,412 Thanks
    dotchas
    I hate 'going forward' and 24/7.
    Originally posted by seven-day-weekend

I agree any form of corporate speak

Going forward

Touch base
    Lets park that idea

Although corporate bingo is fun in a meeting
    I love bargains
    I love MSE
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 18th Sep 18, 7:50 PM
    • 20,659 Posts
    • 55,517 Thanks
    Pollycat
    'Mega' - absolutely hate that one
    'Lit' - what?.. Is something on fire?..
    Originally posted by TheMagician
    Apart from the obvious, what on earth does this mean?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,906Posts Today

9,002Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin