Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dseed100
    • By Dseed100 13th Sep 18, 5:12 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Dseed100
    Credit score repair
    • 13th Sep 18, 5:12 PM
    Credit score repair 13th Sep 18 at 5:12 PM
    Hey, so I have finally fully paid off my debt management plan today. 25k!

I want to rebuild my credit score (current 641)

I have applied and been accepted for a Aqua credit card and will ensure whatever I spend on it I pay off in full each month.

Just wondering if people think it would also help to get some other credit building products? Iíve looked at;

LOQBOX
    Credit Improver

Any advice appreciated

Thanks
Page 1
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 13th Sep 18, 5:13 PM
    • 1,750 Posts
    • 1,336 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    • 13th Sep 18, 5:13 PM
    • 13th Sep 18, 5:13 PM
    Just stick with Aqua card. Spend your monthly budgeted expenses on the card (groceries, petrol etc). Pay it off in full, each month, after you receive the statement.

And congratulations on completing your debt free journey
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 13th Sep 18, 5:16 PM
    • 2,576 Posts
    • 1,449 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 13th Sep 18, 5:16 PM
    • 13th Sep 18, 5:16 PM
    Ignore the made up number and stop trying to increase it

Forget about such things as Loqbox and "improvement" products
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 13th Sep 18, 7:59 PM
    • 2,459 Posts
    • 1,133 Thanks
    Ben8282
    • 13th Sep 18, 7:59 PM
    • 13th Sep 18, 7:59 PM

Just wondering if people think it would also help to get some other credit building products? Iíve looked at;

loqbox
    credit improver
    Originally posted by dseed100

no. Avoid.
    • PRAISETHESUN
    • By PRAISETHESUN 14th Sep 18, 9:49 AM
    • 430 Posts
    • 207 Thanks
    PRAISETHESUN
    • 14th Sep 18, 9:49 AM
    • 14th Sep 18, 9:49 AM
    Well done on paying your debt off! I'm sure it comes as as great relief to have that off your shoulders

Ignore your score as it is basically meaningless. When you make an application, every lender will generate their own internal score based upon the contents of your credit file. So what matters most is your credit HISTORY.

Having a credit card that you use for monthly purchases and pay off in full every month will show lenders exactly that - that you can manage credit responsibly. There is no need to pay for services to "improve" your "score" - in fact many are often fraudulent and can cause you more harm than good in the long run.

You can improve your file yourself without needing to subscribe to credit (re)building services. Just keep doing what you're doing with the Aqua card and over time things will improve
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 14th Sep 18, 11:15 PM
    • 61,016 Posts
    • 54,212 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 14th Sep 18, 11:15 PM
    • 14th Sep 18, 11:15 PM
    Learn to budget and manage your personal financial affairs. Then your credit profile will heal in time on it's own accord. There's no magic bullet. Your history lives on.
    Financial disasters happen when the last person who can remember what went wrong last time has left the building.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 15th Sep 18, 12:42 PM
    • 32,915 Posts
    • 20,729 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 15th Sep 18, 12:42 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 12:42 PM
    Good advice posted, no need to use Loqbox or the other one, I imagine they would cost money which is a bad idea imo.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

123Posts Today

1,901Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Not sure how I ever succeeded running a successful entreprise? After all my gardening and garden design skills are? https://t.co/FFnvkjsGDU

• Follow Martin