Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • moneysaverz83
    • By moneysaverz83 13th Sep 18, 4:47 PM
    • 150Posts
    • 13Thanks
    moneysaverz83
    Shower head drip
    • 13th Sep 18, 4:47 PM
    Shower head drip 13th Sep 18 at 4:47 PM
    Hi

Just noticed a small drip/leak from one of the holes in my shower head today. A large drop coming out every 10 seconds or so. The taps are closed tight and the tube is tightened.

Anything else to do? Or buy a new head/tube?

Thanks
Page 2
    • moneysaverz83
    • By moneysaverz83 13th Jan 19, 9:00 PM
    • 150 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    moneysaverz83
    Ah OK, really?

There's so much conflicting info between members on the In my Home and between tradesman, it's hard to get a concrete, accurate answer.

I don't feel my hot water pressure is low, though its lower than cold water. I just thought that's normal?

What do you think the slow sludge drip is, divertor valve? And why do you think the low hot water pressure (if in fact its apparently low), could be?
    • esuhl
    • By esuhl 14th Jan 19, 10:13 AM
    • 8,584 Posts
    • 6,329 Thanks
    esuhl
    Incorrect.

A shower valve does not work in the same way a set of taps does.

It uses cartridges, not rubber washers.
    Originally posted by phill99

It was about 100 for a replacement cartridge for my shower. Instead I paid 3.99 on eBay for a set of rubber O-rings and silicone grease. It's been working as new for the past few years now.

It's nearly always the rubber O-rings in the cartridge that fail. And it's a lot cheaper to replace them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,121Posts Today

8,646Users online

Martin's Twitter