Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ewciolina2
    • By ewciolina2 12th Sep 18, 9:58 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ewciolina2
    POPLA Appeal Refused
    • 12th Sep 18, 9:58 PM
    POPLA Appeal Refused 12th Sep 18 at 9:58 PM
    Hello Everyone,

I would really appreciate an advice on my case as I'm stuck and I feel it's so unfair for me to pay the penalty. Below you will see my appeal I sent to Euro Parks and POPLA. Both declined and I got a letter from Debt Recovery company! Now seems my only option is to pay the penalty for the car park that I never used. Did I mess up my chance of appealing? Is my last option using Appeal a Parking Ticket Company and paying 25.00? Are they even trustworthy? Please kindly help. Thank you all in advance.

EUROPARKS APPEAL

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to appeal against the penalty.
    It is a completely unjustified claim and unfair fine euro car parks are trying to charge us.
    They have just declined our appeal.

It is correct that we spend nearly one hour at the car park as we were trying to find the parking space. As you know due to Bank Holiday weekend the car park was completely full and we waited and waited until someone else would leave. In the end people were fighting over the spaces and we gave up after having two fights and left the car park. There were two of us in the car and the driver at no given time left the car even for 1 minute. It was not our fault that we were unsuccessful to find the parking space, pay for the car park and actually enjoy the nice day out at Ruislip Lido. In the end the day was completely ruined as we spent nearly one hour sitting in the car waiting, hoping for the space and then two more hours in the traffic trying to get in and get out of the car park.
    Please check the CCTV footage which will prove that we did not leave the car while waiting for the available space and please kindly reconsider our claim and cancel the fine.
    I look forward to receiving a positive resolution to the case.

Thank you in advance and regards

POPLA APPEAL

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for considering my appeal.
    It is true that we have entered Euro Car Parks car park at provided time and left after approx. 55min, however we have not parked there at any given time. This information given by the car park authorities is incorrect. We were driving around looking for the car park space, but unfortunately it was impossible to find one due to volume of people there, trying to park. People were actually fighting for the space to park and we have given up eventually and left the car park. Hence the reason I am disputing this penalty because we have not used the facilities or car park itself, our car was never parked there, we were driving around looking for space so this should not be considered as using the car park. I appreciated there are no cameras that can confirm that we stayed in the car at all times but I have no reason to give you wrong information. I would happily pay the fine if I did not follow the rules and truthfully parked the car where I am not allowed, but this is not the case here. We tried to find the space and would definitely pay for it if we were successful. Please kindly reconsider our appeal as I really feel that we are being penalised unfairly.

Thank you very much.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Sep 18, 10:04 PM
    • 63,872 Posts
    • 76,517 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Sep 18, 10:04 PM
    • 12th Sep 18, 10:04 PM
    I would happily pay the fine if I did not follow the rules
    No you would NOT, no-one pays parking firms here. Never say that!

Yours was a doomed POPLA appeal because you had no evidence and were on a hiding to nothing. Never mind, it's only ECP, so what!

Search the forum for Euro POPLA lost and sit tight like all the people you read about.

Is my last option using Appeal a Parking Ticket Company and paying 25.00? Are they even trustworthy
    Oh for the love of God don't throw money at an ''appeals company''.

We do not recommend ANY such firms.

You do not need one.

I will state that I was a Director of one myself several years ago, and since I resigned and walked away, I can't recommend such firms in a million years. It's my own opinion, and my situation is unusual on this forum in that respect, but I do know what I am talking about, and this forum has the best results of anywhere, and it's free, and we reply in super fast time.

DO NOT THROW MONEY AT SOME COMPANY. NO MSE POSTER SHOULD CONSIDER IT.

THEY HAVE A BETTER TRUSTPILOT RECORD THAN SOME NOTORIOUS ONES PEOPLE POST ABOUT HERE, BUT YOU DO NOT NEED THEM.

I've ignored Euro Car Parks (there is no such firm as EuroParks...) myself.

If you read the NEWBIES thread it tells you to look your company up to see if PADI (the BMPA) lists them as litigious. ECP couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag even if the Judge opened it for them!

Do the forum search I said (advanced search) show results as POSTS, not 'threads'.

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 13-09-2018 at 12:44 AM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • waamo
    • By waamo 12th Sep 18, 11:11 PM
    • 4,693 Posts
    • 6,077 Thanks
    waamo
    • 12th Sep 18, 11:11 PM
    • 12th Sep 18, 11:11 PM
    The odds of them going to court look very slim indeed. http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/Euro_Car_Parks.html
    This space for hire.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Sep 18, 12:45 AM
    • 63,872 Posts
    • 76,517 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Sep 18, 12:45 AM
    • 13th Sep 18, 12:45 AM
    Totally toothless and nothing to throw money at (neither at ECP nor at some pointless moneymaking appeals firm, at a stage where there is no appeal and you can ignore it).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • ewciolina2
    • By ewciolina2 15th Sep 18, 11:42 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ewciolina2
    • 15th Sep 18, 11:42 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 11:42 PM
    Thank you for your advice Coupon-mad and waamo, I really appreciate it. I shall sit tight and wait then, hopefully the case will be ignored by ECP.

Best regards
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

108Posts Today

2,080Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin