Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mocoates
    • By mocoates 12th Sep 18, 12:08 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    mocoates
    Crippling Nemo Loan desperate for help
    • 12th Sep 18, 12:08 PM
    Crippling Nemo Loan desperate for help 12th Sep 18 at 12:08 PM
    Hi all, my wife and I stupidly took some advice from a financial consultant 8 years ago to help consolidate our credit card debts in to one easily manageable loan. Which was fine and we got the paperwork and it all sounded ok. It was a secured loan with Nemo personal finance. How sick do we feel now? We borrowed 35k and where set up with a payment of 300 per month for 25 years.

We really didn't think about it at the the time, but now looking back at the paperwork, we can see that the consultant got paid over 3000 just for signing us up (so no question about where his loyalties where). On top or that, we are paying back over 3 times the amount we borrowed. We have pretty much paid back the initial amount borrowed, but now we still ow them over 70k.

We have missed payments in the past but have managed to keep up with them despite problems along the way, all the time they are charging us an extra 45 for the phone call consultation each time we miss a payment and adding it to our loan, I dread to think how many thousands extra that is costing us.

We feel really sick that we still owe twice what we have borrowed, something doesn't feel right, we have 2 small children and we really are struggling to keep up with what is probably a comparatively small payment now to some people. But in the scheme of things its really crippling us.

Can anybody give any advice or help please? I'm not getting any younger and I will be over 65 years old by the time this is finished.

Thanks in advance if there is any any slim chance of getting some relief from this pressure.
Page 2
    • camelot1971
    • By camelot1971 15th Sep 18, 9:54 PM
    • 881 Posts
    • 1,348 Thanks
    camelot1971
    Thank you for your concern, that's covered. I don't need to go in to details
    Originally posted by mocoates
    Translated: I have no idea
    • AstroTurtle
    • By AstroTurtle 17th Sep 18, 12:22 PM
    • 215 Posts
    • 638 Thanks
    AstroTurtle
    Translated: I have no idea
    Originally posted by camelot1971
    Wrong... Another Nemo loan.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

337Posts Today

2,366Users online

Martin's Twitter