Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 12th Sep 18, 12:03 PM
    • 829Posts
    • 497Thanks
    Raxiel
    E.ON Go Online 1 Year V18 (Withdrawn)
    • 12th Sep 18, 12:03 PM
    E.ON Go Online 1 Year V18 (Withdrawn) 12th Sep 18 at 12:03 PM
    Since E.ON are determined to make it hard for existing customers know about such things, and only offer their best deals to PCW's, any existing (or prospective I suppose) customers might be interested to know they just launched a new 'v18' of their Go online 1 year fix. For me (East Midlands region) it was a lot cheaper than anything they've offered recently, and fairly competitive compared to the rest of the market (certainly best of the big names). Worth checking out if you're reluctant to go to the very bottom of the bargain basement.

The rates I'm getting are 14.606p/kWh for electricity and 3.132p/kWh for gas (17.493/8.579 for E7). Standing charges are the same they've been for the last few years.

£30 per fuel exit fees as normal, but internal switches within E.ON are penalty free.

Now a couple of questions for the E.ON reps if either of them are around.

I am currently on Go Online 1 year V1 which will be ending soon. If I use the same email address on the CEC as I have for my current E.ON account, will I keep the same E.ON account? Or will I be forced to set up another one?
    Are there any dual fuel or paperless discounts on this tariff? CEC says no, but I thought that V1 was the same, but I still see a discount on my bills.
    Last edited by Raxiel; 19-09-2018 at 1:16 PM. Reason: This tarrif is no longer available
Page 1
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    • 12th Sep 18, 1:41 PM
    E.ON Go Online v18
    • 12th Sep 18, 1:41 PM
    Since E.ON are determined to make it hard for existing customers know about such things, and only offer their best deals to PCW's, any existing (or prospective I suppose) customers might be interested to know they just launched a new 'v18' of their Go online 1 year fix. For me (East Midlands region) it was a lot cheaper than anything they've offered recently, and fairly competitive compared to the rest of the market (certainly best of the big names). Worth checking out if you're reluctant to go to the very bottom of the bargain basement.

The rates I'm getting are 14.606p/kWh for electricity and 3.132p/kWh for gas (17.493/8.579 for E7). Standing charges are the same they've been for the last few years.

£30 per fuel exit fees as normal, but internal switches within E.ON are penalty free.

Now a couple of questions for the E.ON reps if either of them are around.

I am currently on Go Online 1 year V1 which will be ending soon. If I use the same email address on the CEC as I have for my current E.ON account, will I keep the same E.ON account? Or will I be forced to set up another one?
    Are there any dual fuel or paperless discounts on this tariff? CEC says no, but I thought that V1 was the same, but I still see a discount on my bills.
    Originally posted by Raxiel

Hello Raxiel and you're right. We launched version 18 of our Go Online Fixed 1 Year tariff this morning. As you say, it's only available through certain Price Comparison sites. Glad it's of interest.

On your questions. The account number won't change regardless of what email address you use.

There are no Dual Fuel or paperless discounts with this tariff. Lower daily standing charges for paying with a Monthly Direct Debit are still there. Saves about £45 per fuel per year when compared with other payment methods.

Version 1 of this tariff was available between 12 September 17 and 2 October 17. We didn't change our discounts until April 18. As such, version 1 had Dual Fuel and paperless discounts which we were committed to for the duration of the tariff.

Hope this answers your questions Raxiel. Let me know if you need any more details as happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 12th Sep 18, 2:53 PM
    • 829 Posts
    • 497 Thanks
    Raxiel
    • 12th Sep 18, 2:53 PM
    • 12th Sep 18, 2:53 PM
    Thanks Malc,

When I left in Feb '17 and returned in Oct '17 I got a new account number, but was told I could have resumed the original account if I'd switched while logged into the account on the e.on site, but doing it via a PCW meant a new account.

That was a full on switch so I appreciate the circumstances are quite different.

I've just renewed for another year. you guys cut it close though. If I'd not decided to have one last check of CEC (to check a detail for this post) I'd have started a switch away to Bulb this lunchtime!

It's annoying having to fill in all my details again on the PCW, rather than being able to just press a button within my account on the E.ON site, but I suppose my £25 share of the referral fee E.ON will be paying MSE is a comfort. It almost covers the £30 lost dual fuel and paperless discount!
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 12th Sep 18, 4:29 PM
    • 2,941 Posts
    • 13,518 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    • 12th Sep 18, 4:29 PM
    MSE v16 against v18
    • 12th Sep 18, 4:29 PM
    Thanks Malc,

When I left in Feb '17 and returned in Oct '17 I got a new account number, but was told I could have resumed the original account if I'd switched while logged into the account on the e.on site, but doing it via a PCW meant a new account.

That was a full on switch so I appreciate the circumstances are quite different.

I've just renewed for another year. you guys cut it close though. If I'd not decided to have one last check of CEC (to check a detail for this post) I'd have started a switch away to Bulb this lunchtime!

It's annoying having to fill in all my details again on the PCW, rather than being able to just press a button within my account on the E.ON site, but I suppose my £25 share of the referral fee E.ON will be paying MSE is a comfort. It almost covers the £30 lost dual fuel and paperless discount!
    Just checked for me in my location v18 is £2 a month more expensive based on usage
    There are more questions than answers
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times
    UK Resident
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 12th Sep 18, 10:40 PM
    • 829 Posts
    • 497 Thanks
    Raxiel
    • 12th Sep 18, 10:40 PM
    • 12th Sep 18, 10:40 PM
    Just checked for me in my location v18 is £2 a month more expensive based on usage
    Originally posted by MoneyMate
    That's a shame, wonder if it's because v18 is particularly good only in my region, or if v16 was particularly good in yours.
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 12th Sep 18, 11:02 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    MrsWenger
    • 12th Sep 18, 11:02 PM
    • 12th Sep 18, 11:02 PM
    Just switched my father-in-law to this tariff. He is an existing E.ON dual fuel customer based in Eastern region.

Saving is £305 per annum plus cash back via MSE.
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 12th Sep 18, 11:07 PM
    • 2,941 Posts
    • 13,518 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    • 12th Sep 18, 11:07 PM
    • 12th Sep 18, 11:07 PM
    Just switched my father-in-law to this tariff. He is an existing E.ON dual fuel customer based in Eastern region.

Originally posted by MrsWenger
    Good news for your father- in- law was that v16 or v18 ?
    There are more questions than answers
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times
    UK Resident
    • NittyGritty
    • By NittyGritty 13th Sep 18, 2:15 PM
    • 958 Posts
    • 295 Thanks
    NittyGritty
    • 13th Sep 18, 2:15 PM
    • 13th Sep 18, 2:15 PM
    "This will cost you an extra £293/yr"

thanks Eon but NO ta lol
    • 13th Sep 18, 3:06 PM
    E.ON Go Online v18
    • 13th Sep 18, 3:06 PM
    Thanks Malc,

You're welcome Raxiel. Happy to help and glad you're staying.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    E.ON Go Online v18

Wow! That's some saving MrsWenger. Glad this new tariff has helped your father-in-law. What tariff was he on before?

Malc
    E.ON Go Online v18
    "This will cost you an extra £293/yr"

thanks Eon but NO ta lol
    Originally posted by NittyGritty

That would be a massive hit NittyGritty. Totally understand you won't be joining us on those terms.

Malc
    • Sosumi
    • By Sosumi 13th Sep 18, 5:03 PM
    • 193 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    Sosumi

E.ON’s “Go Online” v18 would cost me £232 a year more than its “Go Online” v11 tariff that I commenced in May.

I don’t like to think what energy is going to cost next year in newly-Brexited mini-£s.
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 13th Sep 18, 7:54 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    MrsWenger
    Good news for your father- in- law was that v16 or v18 ?
    Originally posted by MoneyMate
    Yes, he was very pleased MoneyMate. I think the beers should be on him!

It was to v18...
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 13th Sep 18, 8:00 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    MrsWenger
    Wow! That's some saving MrsWenger. Glad this new tariff has helped your father-in-law. What tariff was he on before?

Malc
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    Hi Malc, Tracey here; I hope all is well with you and Helena.

He was on the standard variable one. The stubborn little fellow chose to go with that when his last offer ended. Glad we have him back on track!

Need to sort ours now, ends next month so will be looking to do it over the coming days.

Best wishes,

Tracey
    E.ON Go Online v18
    Hi Malc, Tracey here; I hope all is well with you and Helena.

He was on the standard variable one. The stubborn little fellow chose to go with that when his last offer ended. Glad we have him back on track!

Need to sort ours now, ends next month so will be looking to do it over the coming days.

Best wishes,

Tracey
    Hello Tracey and good to hear from you. Hope you're keeping well?

I'm okay thanks but, I'm afraid, Helena is a bit under the weather. I'm hoping she'll be well enough to come back in next week. I could do with her help.

It's great you're looking after your father-in-law's interests and have managed to move him off our Standard Variable Tariff. I had a similar problem with my elderly mother a bit back. Wasn't easy persuading her to leave the past behind.

Have a great weekend Tracey.

Malc
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 14th Sep 18, 7:18 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    MrsWenger
    Hi Malc,

Yes, all good with me, thank you.

Pleased you are well but sorry to hear Helena is unwell, hope she is back on top form soon.

Always happy to help anyone if I can. Feel sorry for folks who are not able, for whatever reason, to look for more competitive deals for themselves.

Sounds like your mother and my father-in-law could be good pals!

Thanks for the good wishes Malc; you too of course

Best wishes,

Tracey
    • beardiedog
    • By beardiedog 15th Sep 18, 12:40 PM
    • 610 Posts
    • 236 Thanks
    beardiedog
    I was with E.ON a couple of years ago and had no complaints and only switched because they priced themselves out of the market so I moved to Iresa fixed with whom I was quite happy until their demise.

I was transferred over to Octopus variable whose rates are much higher so I've switched to Bulb variable until 11 November when they, too, are increasing their rates.

E.ON are now back on my radar with their fixed Go Online 1 Year V18 which will save me around £90 a year, so I'm hoping it will still be available come the middle of October.
    • andreww111
    • By andreww111 16th Sep 18, 4:16 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    andreww111
    I was also with eon until they dropped their cheaper tariffs
    I recently moved to Bulb but they have recently done an increase which for me (Yorkshire) seems to be a lot more than 11%
    I was pleased to see E.ON seem to be doing these cheaper tariffs again
    I transferred more or less straightaway because I seem to remember in the past that they sometimes don't keep these tariffs on for long
    • beardiedog
    • By beardiedog 16th Sep 18, 4:33 PM
    • 610 Posts
    • 236 Thanks
    beardiedog
    I was also with eon until they dropped their cheaper tariffs
    I recently moved to Bulb but they have recently done an increase which for me (Yorkshire) seems to be a lot more than 11%
    I was pleased to see E.ON seem to be doing these cheaper tariffs again
    I transferred more or less straightaway because I seem to remember in the past that they sometimes don't keep these tariffs on for long
    Originally posted by andreww111
    It seems the 11% is an average across the board. My gas tariff will go up a whopping 32%, electric not so bad at 8% (Lancashire).
    • andreww111
    • By andreww111 16th Sep 18, 6:41 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    andreww111
    It seems the 11% is an average across the board. My gas tariff will go up a whopping 32%, electric not so bad at 8% (Lancashire).
    Originally posted by beardiedog
    and they've done this just when everyone is starting to use more gas with the winter!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

119Posts Today

1,487Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @laurawithers84: @MartinSLewis Our school is going to use your book for our new finance fortnight for year 8 students. We thought we wou?

• RT @katiejane13uk: ????????IMPORTANT - CALLING ALL LEASEHOLDERS TO COMPLETE???????? @mhclg Leasehold Reform Consultation closes this month. This is the?

• Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Follow Martin