Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • paul ford
    • By paul ford 12th Sep 18, 2:23 AM
    • 19Posts
    • 3Thanks
    paul ford
    Neighbours cat wants to live with me
    • 12th Sep 18, 2:23 AM
    Neighbours cat wants to live with me 12th Sep 18 at 2:23 AM
    After losing my lovely cat last year. A cat 4 doors down a female called Khloe is always coming in to mine. She jumps through my kitchen or any ground floor one if open.
    She is adorable sleek jet black with big amber eyes and only 8 months old.
    Khloe never seems to want to go home much and she sits on her owners windowsill when their out.
    They put a collar on her too tight I took it off with scissors.
Page 2
    • Money maker
    • By Money maker 15th Sep 18, 1:55 PM
    • 5,111 Posts
    • 11,629 Thanks
    Money maker
    he was just a tart and kept leading them on. He'd sit on the wall outside when the mums and kids were coming back from school so he could flirt with them too. Absolutely beautiful little soul.
    Originally posted by Sunny Intervals
    That's what I call mine too as she does the same.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed.

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite!
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 15th Sep 18, 3:04 PM
    • 20,979 Posts
    • 56,556 Thanks
    Pollycat
    That's what I call mine too as she does the same.
    Originally posted by Money maker
    I called mine a hussy (even though he was a he).
    Thinking about him brought a smile to my face even though he's been dead these past 28 or so years.
    • Chickenlips
    • By Chickenlips 30th Sep 18, 8:05 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Chickenlips
    My neighbour has done this with my cat. And several others in the street. Ehrn her family visits on a Saturday, she turfs out her ill-gotten friends for a few hours. Not sure why people think it's okay to steal a pet.
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 1st Oct 18, 1:01 PM
    • 5,906 Posts
    • 13,595 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Trink visits a house near his old house regularly - we have an agreement and he basically comes back smelling of someone else's perfume like the slapper he is.

Other side - Kev has a first house, I have spoken to them so I do the defleaing now so we don't double up, he follows me round trust me I wasn't left with a choice on him moving in lol
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 1st Oct 18, 1:15 PM
    • 20,979 Posts
    • 56,556 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Trink visits a house near his old house regularly - we have an agreement and he basically comes back smelling of someone else's perfume like the slapper he is.

Other side - Kev has a first house, I have spoken to them so I do the defleaing now so we don't double up, he follows me round trust me I wasn't left with a choice on him moving in lol
    Originally posted by mellymoo74
    Hi Melly.
    I think it's in most cats' natures to visit a house that welcomes it.
    I used to have a little black cat come to visit. She'd snooze under the radiator when it was cold.

It's where to draw the line if a cat decides to visit you.
    And the OP (who's probably a troll) has definitely crossed that line with this cat.
    • Elinore
    • By Elinore 2nd Oct 18, 5:56 AM
    • 158 Posts
    • 488 Thanks
    Elinore
    Our cat made sure we knew we were chopped liver as far as she was concerned. she moved into next door where the little old lady treated her like a queen.

After a few years of this we made it official and the two old dames lived together for many happy years and quite obviously adored each other.
    • Murphybear
    • By Murphybear 2nd Oct 18, 8:04 AM
    • 4,050 Posts
    • 8,009 Thanks
    Murphybear
    In all seriousness (probably not befitting the thread), people used to keep "borrowing" one of my cats. He was perfectly happy with us, he was just a tart and kept leading them on. He'd sit on the wall outside when the mums and kids were coming back from school so he could flirt with them too. Absolutely beautiful little soul.
    Originally posted by Sunny Intervals
    We moved to an over 60s Court a while ago. Our cat loves it. She spent most of the summer outside in the communal gardens making a huge fuss of everyone.
    • Murphybear
    • By Murphybear 2nd Oct 18, 8:07 AM
    • 4,050 Posts
    • 8,009 Thanks
    Murphybear
    If you want another cat, go and get one of your own.

Please DON'T feed this cat. It's okay a neighbouring cat visiting whilst it's owners are out, but if you feed it, you're trying to entice it to stay with you. It's not your cat!

(Talking about healthy cats with homes, not obvious strays).
    Originally posted by ellie99
    Blue Cross and Cats Protection are full of gorgeous cats who would love a forever home.
    • rahatul
    • By rahatul 2nd Oct 18, 11:10 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rahatul
    I would be seriously annoyed if someone chose to remove my pets collar, especially if it had a bell or details for a specific reason. If you were worried about the tightness of the collar you should've discussed this with the owner first.
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 2nd Oct 18, 12:27 PM
    • 6,859 Posts
    • 14,934 Thanks
    marliepanda
    OP is a troll, don't feed him. JJG on another thread found one of his old deleted posts on Google cache where he hopes his daughter dies in a terrorist attack...

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:lLKclQXUzBgJ:https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D5893438%26goto%3Dnewpost%2B&c %20%20d=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk
    • Murphybear
    • By Murphybear 2nd Oct 18, 1:45 PM
    • 4,050 Posts
    • 8,009 Thanks
    Murphybear
    Just read it, could hardly believe what I read. Is he for real or does just like to wind the rest of the world up?
    • Fireflyaway
    • By Fireflyaway 2nd Oct 18, 6:58 PM
    • 2,017 Posts
    • 2,295 Thanks
    Fireflyaway
    My cat used to disappear for hours and then cry loudly at 2am or thereabouts to be let in. I eventually found that a neighbour was taking her in. I'm pleased he liked her so much but it was very annoying for us. Another time my car started losing weight and her hair falling out. I took her to the vet. That time it eventually transpired another neighbour was feeding her milk unawares she has an allergy. Cost me 60 for nothing and a lot of stress for the cat!
    Get your own car would be my advice.
    • AylesburyDuck
    • By AylesburyDuck 7th Oct 18, 5:23 PM
    • 837 Posts
    • 2,023 Thanks
    AylesburyDuck
    Neighbours cat wants to live with me........
    How on earth do you know that, did it whisper sweet nothings in your ear. It's your neighbours, not yours, leave it alone.
    Years ago one of our cats went missing for 5 months, despite leaflets through doors (that even this woman must have had) we heard nothing. Then one day, one of the kids found him wandering on the next road over and brought him home, he was a totally different natured cat and nearly feral.
    One week later a freaky looking woman was howling up and down the street that she'd lost her Ginger Tom, curiosity killing the cat and all that i showed her our cat and she tried to claim it as her own, stating she thought it a stray. Yeah lady, we dont really get stay cats round here much, pull the other one. Cat in question carried on being livid and feral and kept disappearing. Fed up, after continually seeing her with it, and it literally having changed into Satan (god knows what she was doing with it) ,we agreed ( fed up with the situation) she could keep it.
    6 months later she knocked on the door complaining OUR cat was weeing all over her house and she couldnt stand the stink.
    Yeah, she got a flea in her ear and told to get off my doorstep and its what she got for going around stealing other peoples cats and changing their personality.

Leave the cat alone, its not yours.
    Last edited by AylesburyDuck; 07-10-2018 at 5:27 PM.
    Fully paid up member of the ignore button club.
    If it walks like a Duck, quacks like a Duck, it's a Duck.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,196Posts Today

9,377Users online

Martin's Twitter