Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tcstheking
    • By tcstheking 11th Sep 18, 8:21 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 2Thanks
    tcstheking
    Should I apply?
    • 11th Sep 18, 8:21 PM
    Should I apply? 11th Sep 18 at 8:21 PM
    Hello,

I've done an eligibility checker for Aqua, CapitalOne, Barclaycard and they have all said I'm not eligible. On the other hand, American Express has given me a 9.5/10 chance of getting a card. Should I apply?
Page 2
    • OliverJames85
    • By OliverJames85 15th Sep 18, 3:47 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    OliverJames85
    Well done! - Times have definitely changed, AMEX used to be one of the strictest lenders when it came to applying for their cards. It is a Great card for cash back though (I cancelled my plat charge card a few years ago and have been using the everyday credit card ever since)
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 15th Sep 18, 7:19 PM
    • 2,394 Posts
    • 1,099 Thanks
    Ben8282
    Hi everyone,

It was the platinum everyday cashback credit card.
    Originally posted by tcstheking

Congratulations. Reading your posts on other threads I can see that you have had a recent decline from Capital One, you are only 2 weeks past your 18th birthday and have only 'fair' credit so you have really achieved something here in getting the best cashback credit card as your first ever card. Just remember to pay it off in full every month as paying interest will wipe out the value of the cashback and don't go building up debt.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

348Posts Today

2,811Users online

Martin's Twitter