Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • misterbarlow
    • By misterbarlow 11th Sep 18, 7:08 PM
    • 411Posts
    • 262Thanks
    misterbarlow
    Parkingeye PCN {POPLA APPEAL WON}
    • 11th Sep 18, 7:08 PM
    Parkingeye PCN {POPLA APPEAL WON} 11th Sep 18 at 7:08 PM
    Hi guys,

Just taken on fighting a charge on behalf of a family member who hasn’t a clue!

You guys successfully helped me get one cancelled a few years back, so I am not totally green to this whole scam, I have re-read the sticky as things change over the years, so just thought I’d check I am on the right track.

The driver attended a job interview at an office complex adj to a motorway services.
    Their car park was full, so they told the driver to park in the services as they’d only be an hour or so.
    The driver did this, took the interview and drove home not realising how long they had kept them, six days later they received a postal PCN from ParkingEye for an alleged overstay, claiming on a 2hr limit, that the driver stayed for 2hrs 20mins, via ANPR photos.
    Charge thereafter for 2-24hrs was £15.

The reverse of the NTK quotes POFA.

We cannot complain to a landowner, we contacted the company, they said the services opposite are not their land and they are not on it, so nothing to do with them so cannot help, and the driver did not visit or was a patron of any of the franchises in the actual services, so we cannot really complain to any of them.

We have appealed online as keeper using the template, and have now received the standard rejection with POPLA code, so we can now go through & cut up some appeals on here and bang out our own POPLA appeal.

Am I correct in assuming grace periods is the main argument here?? 10mins before and after puts the stay perfectly at the allowed two hours!!

And then followed with poor signage/no contract, landowner consent, & flawed ANPR!!

All good?? Anything else I should tag on??

Once it’s drafted I’ll slap it up & hopefully someone can give it a once over….

Thanks…
    Last edited by misterbarlow; 10-11-2018 at 1:13 PM.
Page 2
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Nov 18, 8:46 AM
    • 10,598 Posts
    • 10,429 Thanks
    The Deep
    Now complain to your MP. AFAIAA, the UK (rip off Britain), is the only country in the EU which allows this scam.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,198Posts Today

8,114Users online

Martin's Twitter