PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Are houses being dressed professionally?

Options

Comments

• Lioness_Twinkletoes
    Options
    Callie22 wrote: »
    A friend moved into a house with that on the wall. For a short time, before he decorated, he decided to add an 's' in front of laughter to see if anyone noticed :) Surprisingly, very few people did.
    My daughter had a wooden box that hung on the wall, with four smaller wooden blocks inside that made the word LOVE. The blocks could be taken out so I changed it to VOLE. No one noticed
  • bopsybunny
    Options
    A house we used to rent had this on the master bedroom wall when we viewed:
    "Love is not a matter of counting the years, it's a matter of making the years"
    The words "Love" and "Making" were in a huge font, with the rest in small letters. We were in hysterics! The landlord agreed to clean it off before we moved in. That and the huge floor-to-ceiling dinosaur scene in the 2nd bedroom.
    Current rented house had: "Live every moment, Laugh every day, Love beyond words" on the master bedroom wall. The stickers came off very easily (and quickly!!) when we moved in.
    Now we're looking for our first house purchase and we see this kind of thing everywhere! It always makes us laugh when we see it. You can buy some especially tacky ones in The Range.
    Wedding savings Jan 19: £1.4k. Sept 19: £7.5k. Mar 20: £12.6k
    Goal: Pay for wedding by August 2020 <3
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    hc25036 wrote: »
    ..and another thing - we are looking at 3 bed houses in Oxon/Wilts/Northamptonshire and about 80% of the properties have a guitar (or three) in the photos.

I asked our agent whether it was a trend when they came to take our photos and he pointed out the 3 guitars in my son's bedroom!

My husband has five guitars. Four are on display in the bedroom. The fifth is on display at our static caravan.:D
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Margot123 wrote: »
    In my experience, those with 'LIVE LAUGH LOVE' emblazoned all over the hop-pit, are the most miserable of people.
    Not once have I heard my cousin laugh, she loathes everything, and as for her sh*t life she's always going on about......she's got the stencils though so that must be helping!

Yep, a house on RM/whatever with that on the wall is a sure sign they are selling due to divorce...
  • silverwhistle
    Options
    Yes, 'soak' above the bath, 'relax' above the sofa and 'eat' above the dining table. Makes you wonder what the people who buy these things hang above the loo.

PM me, and I'll give you a few possibilities..'Read' is the politest one I can make public..
  • Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    PM me, and I'll give you a few possibilities..'Read' is the politest one I can make public..

Remain seated for the entire performance...?
  • silverwhistle
    Options
    hc25036 wrote: »
    ..and another thing - we are looking at 3 bed houses in Oxon/Wilts/Northamptonshire and about 80% of the properties have a guitar (or three) in the photos.

I asked our agent whether it was a trend when they came to take our photos and he pointed out the 3 guitars in my son's bedroom!

I have a basket of tin whistles in my lounge (and a stack of three flute cases) plus books galore. Where do people put their books when they're taking these photos?

Ah, have just seen the idea here of a mock bed of boxes with a bedspread - that'll do.
  • silverwhistle
    Options
    Pixie5740 wrote: »
    Remain seated for the entire performance...?

I normally perform wind downstairs: the bathroom is for standing in the shower and singing. I can't sing sat down..
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I normally perform wind downstairs: the bathroom is for standing in the shower and singing. I can't sing sat down..

You have to work a little harder on your breathing technique... HTH. :D
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I thought this was going to be about Scott Brothers stuff. Grey & yellow furniture/accents, dark wood floors and black granite counter tops.

I understand they have a business which sells all this stuff. Thought it would be all the rage by now...
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure