Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mrseyes
    • By mrseyes 10th Sep 18, 7:43 PM
    • 282Posts
    • 52Thanks
    mrseyes
    DBS Check on line
    • 10th Sep 18, 7:43 PM
    DBS Check on line 10th Sep 18 at 7:43 PM
    I have registered online and and pay 13 year for DBS. And have Applications and Certificates numbers.

My new employer now want my DBS certificate. I gave them Certificate number so that they can check it online. But they still insisted to send an original certificate which i cannot find it. I assume they can view this certificate on line.

Wonder if i will have to re register again but my subscription is valid and does not expire till March 2019.
Page 1
    • Brynsam
    • By Brynsam 10th Sep 18, 7:59 PM
    • 1,676 Posts
    • 1,232 Thanks
    Brynsam
    • 10th Sep 18, 7:59 PM
    • 10th Sep 18, 7:59 PM
    See https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dbs-certificate-reprint-guide/dbs-certificate-reprint-guide
    • sitesafe
    • By sitesafe 13th Sep 18, 8:42 AM
    • 506 Posts
    • 901 Thanks
    sitesafe
    • 13th Sep 18, 8:42 AM
    • 13th Sep 18, 8:42 AM
    I can't actually see my certificate when I log into my account just a small statement saying there's been no issues since I last applied. Your employer checking this should suffice as it's surely there to avoid having to keep re applying. My certificate itself is coming up to 3 years old which used to mean reapplying, but now I believe I don't have to after using the update service.
    Sorry meant to respond to op.
    Last edited by sitesafe; 13-09-2018 at 8:44 AM. Reason: Sorry meant to respond to the op
    • General Grant
    • By General Grant 14th Sep 18, 3:32 PM
    • 787 Posts
    • 859 Thanks
    General Grant
    • 14th Sep 18, 3:32 PM
    • 14th Sep 18, 3:32 PM
    The employer needs to see the actual certificate - to make sure that it covers just what they need it to.

Then with your agreement and the basic information they access the system to see whether there have been any changes. They do not see a certificate online only a statement that there are no changes (to the one you have shown them because they use that number) or that there is additional information and therefore you will need a new DBS.
    • PersianCatLady
    • By PersianCatLady 15th Sep 18, 1:23 AM
    • 578 Posts
    • 571 Thanks
    PersianCatLady
    • 15th Sep 18, 1:23 AM
    • 15th Sep 18, 1:23 AM
    Your certificate should have been sent to you in the post.

The Update Service is just so you can prove that there have been no changes since the certificate was issued.

Did you not receive your certificate?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

143Posts Today

1,476Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @laurawithers84: @MartinSLewis Our school is going to use your book for our new finance fortnight for year 8 students. We thought we wou?

• RT @katiejane13uk: ????????IMPORTANT - CALLING ALL LEASEHOLDERS TO COMPLETE???????? @mhclg Leasehold Reform Consultation closes this month. This is the?

• Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Follow Martin