Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bill12345678
    • By bill12345678 10th Sep 18, 3:48 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 4Thanks
    bill12345678
    Smartparking
    • 10th Sep 18, 3:48 PM
    Smartparking 10th Sep 18 at 3:48 PM
    Hello
    I am at the stage of submitting a Popla appeal against smartparking and was looking at the newbie thread template. The appeal is for a ticket that was purchased but appears to have incorrectly inputted the reg number? Do I still include all the details on the draft letter ie signage, anpr camera, grace periods etc as they would not be specifically relevant in this case?
    I might add that no liability has been given to smartparking about the details of the driver.
    Cheers
Page 2
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Sep 18, 8:44 PM
    • 20,214 Posts
    • 31,886 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Thank you. appeal is now submitted. How long does it normally take?
    Originally posted by bill12345678
    Depends on how quickly the PPC responds to what you've put in your POPLA appeal. They have 21 days, then you have a further 7 days to rebut.

So that's a month (max), then POPLA need to read it all and come to a decision. Maybe a week, depending on 'business'. Do the math!
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • bill12345678
    • By bill12345678 4th Oct 18, 6:56 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    bill12345678
    I’d just like to say a big thank you for the help and advice received on this forum. I received an e mail from Popla today saying Smartparking did not wish to contest the appeal.
    Thank you all.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Oct 18, 7:46 PM
    • 63,827 Posts
    • 76,484 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Course they didn't!

Well done for taking that leap of faith with us! Always works v Smart.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,296Posts Today

8,594Users online

Martin's Twitter