Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • andrew71
    • By andrew71 10th Sep 18, 12:39 AM
    • 1,080Posts
    • 6,795Thanks
    andrew71
    Disability and wins (getaways, events etc)
    • 10th Sep 18, 12:39 AM
    Disability and wins (getaways, events etc) 10th Sep 18 at 12:39 AM
    Just wanted to find out if anyone with a disability (mostly physical) have won a prize such as a holiday or going to an event or similar?
    I have a physical disability (fibromyalgia) which affects mainly my legs. There's some competitions of course I don't enter because I wouldn't be able to do them (indoor air dive experience etc).
    I'm just curious if anyone has won maybe tickets to a concert, sporting event and have had their seating moved to a more accessible/comfortable area?
    Or have won a getaway and had their prize altered to suit them?
    At which point did you tell them about your disability?

Page 1
    • ikkle87
    • By ikkle87 10th Sep 18, 7:54 AM
    • 8,252 Posts
    • 179,256 Thanks
    ikkle87
    • 10th Sep 18, 7:54 AM
    • 10th Sep 18, 7:54 AM
    We have tickets to Disney on Ice next month and the PR was fab and made sure to get us accessible seating and a hotel room thats not a massive trek away. On the occasion when we've had normal tickets and gone to a show if the seating hasn't been suitable then as long as box office has spaces, which they usually do, then they will swap you to accessible seating. I usually just say when speaking to the PR if seating isn't already allocated would it please be possible to book an aisle seat or accessible seating as although I can walk I do have a disability that makes some seating difficult
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
    • emmaandbunni
    • By emmaandbunni 10th Sep 18, 5:40 PM
    • 121 Posts
    • 399 Thanks
    emmaandbunni
    • 10th Sep 18, 5:40 PM
    • 10th Sep 18, 5:40 PM
    I have won a holiday before and they could not have been more helpful (my daughter is f/t wc user) I have noticed some competition have started to put "not suitable for people with physical disabilities" mainly holiday and take part events. one recently was because it was a coach which was not adapted. I would prefer they say before as I know it's not always possible.
    depending on comp depends when I mention it, if its a email entry and for tickets I mention at time of entry.
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 10th Sep 18, 6:09 PM
    • 4,802 Posts
    • 185,767 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    • 10th Sep 18, 6:09 PM
    • 10th Sep 18, 6:09 PM
    I'm disabled and once won a holiday that included a coasteering activity. I obviously didn't read up on what coasteering was prior to entering, as there is no way I could do this. I emailed and asked if I could still take the holiday and if they would be able to donate the coasteering to a charity or something,which they did.

• hdh74
    • By hdh74 11th Sep 18, 10:27 AM
    • 2,208 Posts
    • 61,326 Thanks
    hdh74
    • 11th Sep 18, 10:27 AM
    • 11th Sep 18, 10:27 AM
    No holidays but a few sets of tickets and whenever we have asked about wheelchair access they have provided it if they could.
    • Daphne01
    • By Daphne01 15th Sep 18, 11:22 PM
    • 19,510 Posts
    • 1,099,068 Thanks
    Daphne01
    • 15th Sep 18, 11:22 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 11:22 PM
    I won tickets to a football match and rang them in advance. I had parking at the front of the venue (Where the players parked ) and seats in the disabled area right next to the pitch. I was aghast as Giggsy took a corner right in front of me
    A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

60Posts Today

2,884Users online

Martin's Twitter