Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 9th Sep 18, 9:36 PM
    • 4,431Posts
    • 78,708Thanks
    Chrisv
    Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2018
    • 9th Sep 18, 9:36 PM
    Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2018 9th Sep 18 at 9:36 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you, go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list; so that's pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra choice and one Healthy Extra choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66049704&postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Last edited by Chrisv; 09-09-2018 at 9:39 PM.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
Page 5
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Sep 18, 7:19 PM
    • 56,830 Posts
    • 231,398 Thanks
    beanielou
    gettingtheresometime~~Great result
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 15th Sep 18, 7:45 PM
    • 4,011 Posts
    • 10,142 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    I microwave frozen baked potato for 5 mins from frozen, unwrapped from the cling film.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    pixielottie believe it or not before the EE plan came out eggs were a SuperFree food, which is the equivalent of Speed foods now!

GTS If you want to batch cook jacket potatoes then cook them in the oven. Once cooled, freeze. To reheat in microwave cook for 5 minutes. Hope that answers your question.

Denise
    Originally posted by joedenise
    Thanks both.

I cooked 4 (what I thought were!) small potatoes for tonight's dinner but when it came to dishing out I only fancied 1 so had a spare one. Will freeze it tonight & then have it again in the week......also thought it would be something I could take to work & reheat for lunch, especially on a Thursday when I come in late from choir so tend to eat late.

gettingtheresometime~~Great result
    Originally posted by beanielou
    I worked it out that it's taken me 9 months to lose that 1.5 lbs but it's not a race thank goodness!!

Wouldn't it be nice if Stoke & I hit our targets together?
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • pixielottie
    • By pixielottie 15th Sep 18, 8:20 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    pixielottie
    maman Ooh I'll pop the lidl cornichons on the shopping list, they sound good, thanks!

joedenise that makes me feel somewhat better about my picked egg eating I know my mum swears that the amount of eggs contributes to what she has lost so I guess she's not totally mad :P

Oooh this freezing jacket potatoes is a good idea! I have a bit of a thing for cold jacket potatoes, we'll not cold but luke warm. I always cook extras eat the one and pop the other on the top of the aga to keep warm for later. I'm thinking if I was to defrost them on the aga over night they would make a good packed lunch...

I really need to make time to do some cooking tomorrow
    Pesto and hidden veg pasta for lunches next week.
    x
    anything's possible if you've got enough nerve
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 15th Sep 18, 8:51 PM
    • 5,360 Posts
    • 39,975 Thanks
    joedenise
    Thanks Maman. Will give it a try when I get home.

Chrisv can you add this recipe to the recipe list at the eginning to make jt easy to find in the future. Thanks.

Denise
    • greentiger
    • By greentiger 15th Sep 18, 9:40 PM
    • 2,209 Posts
    • 15,960 Thanks
    greentiger
    Well done, Sunflower and gts.

Well, my team found another way to drive me to distraction. 4 league games, 0 points, 1 goal. Today winning 2-0 at half time, end up losing 3-2. That ‘hidden’ Fry’s Cream is screaming to me, but so far ….
    Stashbusting 126
    Reading Challenge 30/26
    Film Challenge 24/26[COLOR="Blue"]
    [COLOR="Blue"]Weight Loss 0.4lb
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 15th Sep 18, 10:00 PM
    • 4,011 Posts
    • 10,142 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    That ‘hidden’ Fry’s Cream is screaming to me, but so far ….
    Originally posted by greentiger
    I know what you mean.

For the first time in two years, it looks like we'll be at home for Christmas so I'm gearing up to 'stocking up for Christmas' mode.

At the moment Tesco have a 2 for £7 offer on their Christmas chocolate tubs.

I know if I buy them then I'll have to hide them away but I'LL KNOW THEYRE IN THE HOUSE.....ALONG WITH THE WINE I BOUGHT WHEN WINE WAS ON OFFER lol.

Takes all the patience of a saint not to tell hubby where they are as otherwise he nag for them
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • maman
    • By maman 15th Sep 18, 10:43 PM
    • 18,434 Posts
    • 110,016 Thanks
    maman
    Oh greentiger , I feel for you. I heard your half time score and thought you'd cracked it. Then when the full time scores were read you've done so well to keep away from the chocolate.

maman Ooh I'll pop the lidl cornichons on the shopping list, they sound good, thanks!

Oooh this freezing jacket potatoes is a good idea! I have a bit of a thing for cold jacket potatoes, we'll not cold but luke warm. I always cook extras eat the one and pop the other on the top of the aga to keep warm for later. I'm thinking if I was to defrost them on the aga over night they would make a good packed lunch...

x
    Originally posted by pixielottie
    It's the 670g jars of cornichons that I buy. They do smaller jars of luxury ones which are pretty for parties but not very mse.

I've only recently got into freezing jacket potatoes. I put them in the oven when I'm cooking something else like a joint or casserole. Last week I tried baking sweet potatoes and they were really yummy.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th Sep 18, 9:33 AM
    • 30,084 Posts
    • 430,335 Thanks
    tweets

joedenise that makes me feel somewhat better about my picked egg eating I know my mum swears that the amount of eggs contributes to what she has lost so I guess she's not totally mad :P

x
    Originally posted by pixielottie

https://tinhtamvn.net/the-boiled-egg-diet-lose-24-pounds-in-2-weeks/ Look at this diet
    Lost 3st-12.5lb
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 16th Sep 18, 10:14 AM
    • 5,360 Posts
    • 39,975 Thanks
    joedenise
    I like boiled eggs but not that many! Think of the wind you'd end up with

Denise
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th Sep 18, 10:25 AM
    • 30,084 Posts
    • 430,335 Thanks
    tweets

Denise

Wind and bunged up
    Lost 3st-12.5lb
    • v1ckyt
    • By v1ckyt 16th Sep 18, 10:39 AM
    • 217 Posts
    • 1,342 Thanks
    v1ckyt
    Hi all, can I join you please? I joined SW on 3rd Sept, so the same time as your challenge started, My target for Halloween is 21 lbs, had a good first week at weigh in last week, with 8.5 loss, so hoping I can join you a bit late, it's really useful reading all your tips and hints,

have a good Sunday all,
    Vicky
    Owed 12th Oct 2015 £73942.43

Estimated date of freedom, slipped a little now July 2023, still nine years early.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th Sep 18, 11:02 AM
    • 30,084 Posts
    • 430,335 Thanks
    tweets
    Hi all, can I join you please? I joined SW on 3rd Sept, so the same time as your challenge started, My target for Halloween is 21 lbs, had a good first week at weigh in last week, with 8.5 loss, so hoping I can join you a bit late, it's really useful reading all your tips and hints,

have a good Sunday all,
    Vicky
    Originally posted by v1ckyt
    Welcome Vicky and well done on last weeks lose

You will get added to the list when your post is seen
    Lost 3st-12.5lb
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th Sep 18, 11:05 AM
    • 56,830 Posts
    • 231,398 Thanks
    beanielou
    Welcome Vicki to our lovely thread.
    Keep posting

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th Sep 18, 11:07 AM
    • 56,830 Posts
    • 231,398 Thanks
    beanielou
    Keep posting

***Keep plodding***
    • pixielottie
    • By pixielottie 16th Sep 18, 11:47 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    pixielottie
    Wow! That is a lot of eggs!
    That's more eggs than our chickens even lay!

I've come to report my brunch... it was heaven! I did use my HE B - 3 slices of crustless and most of my A on cheese.

But it was a triple layer toasted sandwich. A slice of bread, some grated cheese (mostly mozzarella because you have have more of that, but a little bit of cheddar too) , 1 syn of chorizo, then next slice of bread, little bit of cheese, just enough to help it stick, smoked ham, sliced gherkins and final piece of bread.

I popped it under the lid of the AGA to toast so it was a bit squished and perfect! It was beautiful! and just what I needed

Depending what time I get up tomorrow, I might have the same again

I'm going now to make hidden veg pasta for lunch, and so I have lunch for tomorrow. I look after my aunt and uncles dogs Mondays and Tuesdays, and the school holidays have thrown me off, I've been realising at 9am when I should be leaving that I have nothing sorted and only have time to grab and dash by then >.<
    anything's possible if you've got enough nerve
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 16th Sep 18, 12:02 PM
    • 5,360 Posts
    • 39,975 Thanks
    joedenise
    Welcome v1ckyt to the thread. That's a brilliant loss. You're obviously doing it right.

Denise
    • maman
    • By maman 16th Sep 18, 12:11 PM
    • 18,434 Posts
    • 110,016 Thanks
    maman
    Keep posting
    Originally posted by beanielou

And so say all of us! Brilliant loss so far.

Today is supposed to be an on plan day. All my meals will be fine but I'm going to be out dancing this afternoon and they have a break for tea in the middle. I don't really want to eat then as I'll be having dinner when I get home so I'll have to exercise great willpower and hope there's something SW friendly I can nibble on to be polite. I'm taking melon slices as my contribution so that's a start.

Thanks for the heads up on the Aldi beetroot bubbs. I bought 10 packs and I'll probably do the same next week too.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix, HEA milk
    L: veggie omelette with beetroot
    D: beef casserole with fake red wine, SW roast potatoes and carrots, cauli, broccoli, kale
    Syns: 1 for cornflour, weekend wine and anything I don't avoid at teatime.
    • Oldbiggles
    • By Oldbiggles 16th Sep 18, 12:16 PM
    • 467 Posts
    • 271 Thanks
    Oldbiggles

Denise

So thats whats causing it! I'd better stop eating my one per week.
    Trying to learn something new every day.

• joedenise
    • By joedenise 16th Sep 18, 12:52 PM
    • 5,360 Posts
    • 39,975 Thanks
    joedenise
    What do you do with all that beetroot? Do you pickle it, leave it in the fridge and eat every day or separate and freeze individually.

I'm planning on getting some to freeze and also some to pickle but not sure how many yet.

Denise
    • maman
    • By maman 16th Sep 18, 1:56 PM
    • 18,434 Posts
    • 110,016 Thanks
    maman
    What do you do with all that beetroot? Do you pickle it, leave it in the fridge and eat every day or separate and freeze individually.

I'm planning on getting some to freeze and also some to pickle but not sure how many yet.

Denise
    It's vacuum packed with a long sell by date so I just keep it in my store cupboard.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

321Posts Today

3,228Users online

Martin's Twitter