Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2018

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,566 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Was that a chain restaurant gtq? I like shish.:D

Stoke wrote: »
    How do you make overnight oats? I hear them mentioned almost every week at group and yet I've never made them. Are they nice ? Are they like porridge ?

I'd say overnight oats are more like eating muesli with minimal milk. The glory of them IMO Stoke is that you can have a really filling breakfast without using any your HEA of milk as you would with other cereals and if you're in a rush in the morning you've got it ready. Denise is right that they're a bit claggy. I'm going to try the baked oats soon too.

Last night's jacket sweet potatoes were really lovely. I've never had sweet potato baked before. We'll be having those again.:)

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix, HEA milk, banana
    L: veggie omelette, ham, pickles
    D: baked salmon, SW chips, runner beans, tomatoes, more green stuff:D
    Syns: None
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,904 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Tea, had a drop of gravy too :Dtea_015.jpg
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    I will try overnight oats, however they don't really sound like something I'd usually be too keen on.

I did weigh-in and unbelievably, I've lost 3lbs. I can only assume it's because of the amount of walking I did while in Cornwall. It certainly wasn't my diet. Anyway, I'm back on plan. Had Baked beans, SW sausages and some light salad tonight. Very nice and so so simple to make.
  • evening all, shiny new thread ooh :)

i have decided i am going to rejoin group on 01st October. That's the Monday after i get paid and gives me a clear run to Christmas :)

struggling with new school routine; i need some evening meals i can prepare ahead that we will all eat (my theory is i can add/not add some things for each of us)...i just need to make a list of make/prepare ahead and slowcooker meals :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,551 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Good to see you back LLS. As you’re going back in October thought I’d let you know that my consultant has put on our Facebook page that there will be a new book free with 12 week countdowns.

Denise
  • perfect thanks Denise was planning on getting a countdown to keep me going :D
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Evening all! Congrats Stoke, that’s a fab result 👍🏻 Let’s hope I can do the same. I’m off to the Isles of Scilly tomorrow via Penzance. I can’t wait, although we are setting off at 4am to beat the traffic (I hope!) and still aren’t fully packed. So many good intentions... 😝

Still I managed to weighed in today and I’ve lost 1.5lb so yeah! Just 1.5lb off my 2 stone loss. I so wanted it for my hols but hey, I’ll get there.

Have a great couple of weeks all. I have no idea what WiFi will be like but I’ll try and check in if I can, if only to admit how good or naughty I’ve been :eek::A we shall see!
    “WHAT WE FEAR DOING MOST IS USUALLY WHAT WE MOST NEED TO DO.” RALPH WALDO EMERSON
  • maman wrote: »
    Was that a chain restaurant gtq? I like shish.:D

No, it is an small one near me, food in there is amazing and almost everything SW friendly.
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    SarahC74 wrote: »
    Evening all! Congrats Stoke, that’s a fab result 👍🏻 Let’s hope I can do the same. I’m off to the Isles of Scilly tomorrow via Penzance. I can’t wait, although we are setting off at 4am to beat the traffic (I hope!) and still aren’t fully packed. So many good intentions... 😝

Still I managed to weighed in today and I’ve lost 1.5lb so yeah! Just 1.5lb off my 2 stone loss. I so wanted it for my hols but hey, I’ll get there.

Have a great couple of weeks all. I have no idea what WiFi will be like but I’ll try and check in if I can, if only to admit how good or naughty I’ve been :eek::A we shall see!

Fantastic, we were in Penzance ourselves. We wanted to visit the Scilly Isles, you can catch a boat but it takes 3 hours ish and you only about 4 on the Island which we felt wasn't enough so we are going to do a proper trip instead.

If you get chance to visit Penzance for any extended period of time, have a look at the Admiral Benbow pub, even just for a drink (although they get people visiting just to see the building). It's not for everyone, don't get me wrong but basically, it's the pub that was featured in the novel Treasure Island and the original part of the pub is still there (albeit the pub is much bigger now). It's packed full of character though, artefacts from boats etc.... a really interesting place.

Good luck and have a great time :)
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Can you log me as -1 for last week please Chris?

Happy with that as I had a bottle of wine and some pretzels over my syns following a stressful Saturday :D

Back on it and attached to a fitbit which keeps telling me off. its taking some getting used to - I don't accept criticism well!

Hope you're all well.

An on plan day today:

B - Mushrooms, eggs and tomatoes
    D - Jacket potato with beans and salad
    T Chicken and mushrooms in tarragon sauce with rice (From the latest magazine)

HEXA - Milk in tea

Syns - Some Ringos (3.5), 2 alpen lights (hexb) and a hot chocolate (2) catching up on the Great British Menu later
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure