Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 9th Sep 18, 9:36 PM
    • 4,481Posts
    • 78,971Thanks
    Chrisv
    Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2018
    • 9th Sep 18, 9:36 PM
    Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2018 9th Sep 18 at 9:36 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you, go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list; so that's pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra choice and one Healthy Extra choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66049704&postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Last edited by Chrisv; 09-09-2018 at 9:39 PM.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
Page 33
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Oct 18, 9:21 PM
    • 53,007 Posts
    • 628,953 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Stoke, sorry you have been feeling that way, the cake has been and gone and today was a new day Just dont beat yourself up.
    To all those that have had a bad week one way or another have a
    We have been moving stuff all day
    Back at it tomoz
    If you have just 1 hifi bar for your hexb its classed as speed, dont know why but it is
    Slimming World Hi-fi Bar Rocky Road (1 ) he s 3
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 4 1/2 lb
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 13th Oct 18, 9:23 PM
    • 5,475 Posts
    • 40,551 Thanks
    joedenise
    Maman Have your read your Slim for Life booklet to see how many extra syns you're allowed as a Target member. The extra syns depend on how much you're losing on average - you need to input your weight loss over the last 8 weigh ins and it'll work it out for you. The higher your weight los average the more your extra syns work out!

Denise
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 14th Oct 18, 10:21 AM
    • 5,475 Posts
    • 40,551 Thanks
    joedenise
    It's very quiet on here this morning!

Just posting my plan for today as have loads to do - all the usual stuff - washing, change the bed, hoovering etc etc.

B - Fry up - bacon, egg, mushrooms beans, fried up LO potatoes
    L - scrambled eggs & spinach on toast with mushrooms
    D - Bombay chicken one pot roast - a recipe from this month's Tesco magazine. Has tomatoes, cabbage, spinach & onion in it. May also make a slaw to go with it (if I've got any carrots left!)

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - NONE - had far too many yesterday so a bit of damage limitation needed

Denise
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 14th Oct 18, 10:31 AM
    • 3,387 Posts
    • 35,044 Thanks
    curl girl
    Morning all.

Loss of only 0.5 lb for me.

However this means that I am a full 1 stone lighter than April this year.
    I realise that is slow going but I'm happy as it could easily have been a stone gain the way I was eating.
    I have slipped back into some bad habits which hopefully I'll try to sort out.....
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 14th Oct 18, 10:56 AM
    • 57,505 Posts
    • 235,542 Thanks
    beanielou
    All good curl girl
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 14th Oct 18, 11:13 AM
    • 4,096 Posts
    • 10,376 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Stoke - you feeling a little more like the Stoke we know & love today? Hope so.

Even though it was raining I went running today so feeling very virtuous ��

Also going to be very domesticated like joedenise though I will be calling in on mum later as well

Plan on making a meatball & pasta bake for tea which we'll have with salad.

Have a good Sunday everyone x
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Oct 18, 11:13 AM
    • 16,388 Posts
    • 195,901 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Chris, I've weighed in a day early (as we are staying in a hotel tonight)... pleased to say the scales are going the right way. -3.6.... think I was having a blip last week.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 14th Oct 18, 11:23 AM
    • 57,505 Posts
    • 235,542 Thanks
    beanielou
    Chris, I've weighed in a day early (as we are staying in a hotel tonight)... pleased to say the scales are going the right way. -3.6.... think I was having a blip last week.
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Well done
    Enjoy your hotel stay.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Oct 18, 1:56 PM
    • 16,388 Posts
    • 195,901 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    That slinky Christmas dress?
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime
    Good idea... x

Well done
    Enjoy your hotel stay.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    It is only overnight (at work next morning). But we get access to the gym/pool/sauna... and a slap up breakfast.... I am taking gin for the room, and will be good with tea.

OH made me a SW breakfast (mushroom, egg and beans) but it was a start on the right tracks again. Had mango and quark for lunch (as breakfast was late). Just waiting for OH to get his swim shorts.... why are men so slow!
    • maman
    • By maman 14th Oct 18, 2:38 PM
    • 18,600 Posts
    • 111,013 Thanks
    maman
    Great loss ssm, glad you're back on track. I particularly enjoyed my hotel breakfasts this week as they did fried potatoes so I didn't bother with toast. I piled up fried eggs, beans, mushrooms, bacon and potatoes and red berries to start. So only syns would be in some oil.

well done on your 1 stone shiny curlgirl. How much mmore do you plan to lose?

Maman Have your read your Slim for Life booklet to see how many extra syns you're allowed as a Target member. The extra syns depend on how much you're losing on average - you need to input your weight loss over the last 8 weigh ins and it'll work it out for you. The higher your weight los average the more your extra syns work out!

Denise
    Originally posted by joedenise

I only go to group about every 6-8 weeks so that calculation wouldn't work for me. I didn't know about the booklet until it came up on here so I'll ask when I go next in a couple of weeks time.

That chicken recipe looks good. I should think it would work with chicken breasts or thighs for a midweek meal. Let us know what it's like.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix, HEA milk, half banana
    L: fried eggs, bacon, spring onion/mushroom/asparagus/tomato
    D: roast chicken, SW roast potatoes, red cabbage, green cabbage, cauli, broccoli, swede & carrot mash
    Syns: HM gravy 4?, weekend wine.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 14th Oct 18, 3:03 PM
    • 30,283 Posts
    • 431,786 Thanks
    tweets

Under goal

Stoke (((X))) Hope you feeling better and more positive today.

One cake wont be to your SW journey I had 2 last night

Tesco cream toffee meringues ate one and couldn't resist the other one
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 14th Oct 18, 3:14 PM
    • 5,475 Posts
    • 40,551 Thanks
    joedenise
    Great loss ssm, glad you're back on track. I particularly enjoyed my hotel breakfasts this week as they did fried potatoes so I didn't bother with toast. I piled up fried eggs, beans, mushrooms, bacon and potatoes and red berries to start. So only syns would be in some oil.

That sounds good. Hope the breakfasts are SW friendly when I go to Goa in January! Definitely won't be fry ups though!

well done on your 1 stone shiny curlgirl. How much mmore do you plan to lose?

Congratulations curlgirl

I only go to group about every 6-8 weeks so that calculation wouldn't work for me. I didn't know about the booklet until it came up on here so I'll ask when I go next in a couple of weeks time.

You don't need all the weights just the one from 8 weeks earlier. Just divide what you've lost in the 8 weeks by 8 to get an average then you can see how many extra syns you can have!

That chicken recipe looks good. I should think it would work with chicken breasts or thighs for a midweek meal. Let us know what it's like.

Will do. The fridge smells amazing every time I open it so hope it tastes as good as it smells! I made my own tikka paste so it's syn free rather than having to syn a ready made paste which is what the recipe calls for. Let me know if you want me to post the tikka recipe - it makes loads - so I frozen enough for another 4 meals!

Today's EE plan:
    D: roast chicken, SW roast potatoes, red cabbage, green cabbage, cauli, broccoli, swede & carrot mash
    Originally posted by maman
    You've got loads of veg with your dinner tonight! so plenty of Speed!

Denise
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 14th Oct 18, 3:43 PM
    • 57,505 Posts
    • 235,542 Thanks
    beanielou
    Well done Tweets.

***Keep plodding***
    • maman
    • By maman 14th Oct 18, 3:53 PM
    • 18,600 Posts
    • 111,013 Thanks
    maman
    well done tweets.

You've got loads of veg with your dinner tonight! so plenty of Speed!
    Denise
    Originally posted by joedenise

My trolley in Aldi yesterday looked like a Harvest Festival, groaning with fruit and veg!

I always cook up more Speed than we can eat with a Sunday roast so that I can have LOs for lunch in the week.

Now you've explained it, the 8 week span makes sense because that's the maximum they allow between WIs before kicking you out of the website. I try (sometimes successfully) to be in target range at each WI although I often go out of it in the weeks in between IYSWIM. Not sure what they'd advise in terms of syns other than what I'm doing now. Interesting.
    • Vixstar
    • By Vixstar 14th Oct 18, 4:20 PM
    • 937 Posts
    • 2,638 Thanks
    Vixstar
    From how the target book was explained to us I think the extra syns based on eight weeks weight loss is for the eight weeks before you hit target. Not sure what the recommendation would be for long term target members
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 14th Oct 18, 4:26 PM
    • 5,475 Posts
    • 40,551 Thanks
    joedenise
    From how the target book was explained to us I think the extra syns based on eight weeks weight loss is for the eight weeks before you hit target. Not sure what the recommendation would be for long term target members
    Originally posted by Vixstar
    It's the same. I've been at target for about 6 or 7 years now. My average losses are 0.5lb per week which means and extra HE plus an extra 10 syns 2 or 3 times a week if you want to. With my average it says "it means you've more or less managed the balance needed to maintain".

Like Maman I often go out of target but usually when I have holidays which you've probably noticed are quite regularly. Seems a long time to my next one!

Denise
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 14th Oct 18, 8:10 PM
    • 3,387 Posts
    • 35,044 Thanks
    curl girl

well done on your 1 stone shiny curlgirl. How much mmore do you plan to

Today's EE plan:
    Originally posted by maman
    Thanks!
    But only lost half a pound but it was nice to see the scales just dip into the next weigh category. Iyswim.

I would like to lose a stone more but hope it doesn't take another 6 months!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Oct 18, 8:25 PM
    • 53,007 Posts
    • 628,953 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Well done to all the losers
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 4 1/2 lb
    • Stoke
    • By Stoke 14th Oct 18, 9:00 PM
    • 2,844 Posts
    • 2,809 Thanks
    Stoke
    Good luck everyone this week
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 14th Oct 18, 11:02 PM
    • 4,096 Posts
    • 10,376 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Good luck everyone this week
    Originally posted by Stoke
    You too Stoke
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

20Posts Today

4,221Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I'm v moved by many of ur comments on #10Things tonight. Very thankful it was seen in the spirit it was meant. I'm? https://t.co/JaeoPqIczM

• RT @MartinSLewis: Many asking about the free finanacial education textbook for schools - it's out in a couple of weeks - here's info https:?

• RT @psychotherapyMM: @MartinSLewis ?there?s a sacrifice? Most valuable point tonight. Success (however that looks) does not come easy. Nobo?

• Follow Martin