Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bignairy
    • By bignairy 9th Sep 18, 10:49 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    bignairy
    Account aggregation software
    • 9th Sep 18, 10:49 AM
    Account aggregation software 9th Sep 18 at 10:49 AM
    I have been using Accountunity for some years now to monitor most of my accounts, but it only works with Internet Explorer and I increasingly find it doesn't cover most of the building societies.

Can anyone recommend software that can do this for me (happy to pay a reasonable amount!)?
Page 1
    • colsten
    • By colsten 9th Sep 18, 11:32 AM
    • 9,214 Posts
    • 8,045 Thanks
    colsten
    • 9th Sep 18, 11:32 AM
    • 9th Sep 18, 11:32 AM
    Same here. To the best of my knowledge, they still provide the widest range of supported companies though it's increasingly becoming a bit of a pain as newer companies aren't supported. There's also no app support so some of the more recent outfits aren't covered at all.

Have you asked them to add some others? They did add Newcastle BS after I asked a couple of years ago though I haven't had much success to get others added. I suppose if there isn't much demand, they can't justify the additions.

The additional ones I'd like to see are
    KRBS
    Monmouthshire BS
    Ford Money
    Bank of Cyprus (UK) / Cynergy

Which ones are you after?
    • ozaz
    • By ozaz 9th Sep 18, 12:21 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    ozaz
    • 9th Sep 18, 12:21 PM
    • 9th Sep 18, 12:21 PM
    The account aggregators I've tried are Yolt, Emma, HSBC Connected Money, and MoneyHub.

Don't know if these offer the features you need. All I need is the ability to check balances and monitor daily transactions - they all provide this. Anyway, of these, the one with the largest range of supported providers (by quite a distance) is MoneyHub. It's probably the only one of the ones I mentioned that supports a wide range of Building Societies.
    Last edited by ozaz; 09-09-2018 at 1:19 PM.
    • colsten
    • By colsten 9th Sep 18, 1:57 PM
    • 9,214 Posts
    • 8,045 Thanks
    colsten
    • 9th Sep 18, 1:57 PM
    • 9th Sep 18, 1:57 PM
    ozaz, do you by chance have a list of the companies supported by Moneyhub? I looked on their site, couldn't find it, and they only let me join their waitlist, not sign up!

PS. I have tried Emma and Yolt too - don't get anywhere near accountunity. Not keen on anything HSBC...
    Last edited by colsten; 09-09-2018 at 1:59 PM.
    • ozaz
    • By ozaz 9th Sep 18, 2:28 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    ozaz
    • 9th Sep 18, 2:28 PM
    • 9th Sep 18, 2:28 PM
    ozaz, do you by chance have a list of the companies supported by Moneyhub? I looked on their site, couldn't find it, and they only let me join their waitlist, not sign up!
    Originally posted by colsten
    I can't see an obvious way to access a text-based list, but here's a screen recording that will show you the current list of providers they support: http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFQQIFq543
    • bignairy
    • By bignairy 9th Sep 18, 3:08 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bignairy
    • 9th Sep 18, 3:08 PM
    • 9th Sep 18, 3:08 PM
    Thanks for the responses. I am really looking for a PC login rather than an App for my phone. I guess I'll just stick with Accountunity for now.
    • ozaz
    • By ozaz 9th Sep 18, 3:29 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    ozaz
    • 9th Sep 18, 3:29 PM
    • 9th Sep 18, 3:29 PM
    Thanks for the responses. I am really looking for a PC login rather than an App for my phone. I guess I'll just stick with Accountunity for now.
    Originally posted by bignairy
    MoneyHub is available via either web or app.
    The others I mentioned are app-only
    • colsten
    • By colsten 9th Sep 18, 4:45 PM
    • 9,214 Posts
    • 8,045 Thanks
    colsten
    • 9th Sep 18, 4:45 PM
    • 9th Sep 18, 4:45 PM
    I can't see an obvious way to access a text-based list, but here's a screen recording that will show you the current list of providers they support: http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFQQIFq543
    Originally posted by ozaz
    Thanks for that list. I see they have KRBS and Monmouthsire, which would be great for me to have, alongside all the usual ones. Now if they'd let me sign up, I might even use them. A tenner a year seems affordable, although I'd really want both, PC and App, for that price......
    • ozaz
    • By ozaz 9th Sep 18, 5:30 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    ozaz
    • 9th Sep 18, 5:30 PM
    • 9th Sep 18, 5:30 PM
    Thanks for that list. I see they have KRBS and Monmouthsire, which would be great for me to have, alongside all the usual ones. Now if they'd let me sign up, I might even use them. A tenner a year seems affordable, although I'd really want both, PC and App, for that price......
    When you say PC, do you mean you want a dedicated desktop program?

They don't have a decidated desktop program but they do provide access through their website, which can be accessed via any desktop web browser. The £10/year provides access to this as well as their mobile apps.

If I recall correctly the MoneyHub waiting list is only a few days. I think I signed up over the weekend and got access by Monday. That was a few weeks ago.
    • colsten
    • By colsten 9th Sep 18, 8:10 PM
    • 9,214 Posts
    • 8,045 Thanks
    colsten
    When you say PC, do you mean you want a dedicated desktop program?

They don't have a decidated desktop program but they do provide access through their website, which can be accessed via any desktop web browser. The £10/year provides access to this as well as their mobile apps.
    Just browser access on the PC is all I am after, plus App access for when I am out and about.

Sounds I have misunderstood the cost - I thought you pay £9.99 for the browser access and an additional £14.99 for the App. On re-reading, I now think I can have both for £9.99, which sounds promising.

Thanks for helping me understand
    Last edited by colsten; 09-09-2018 at 11:04 PM.
    • ozaz
    • By ozaz 9th Sep 18, 10:45 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    ozaz
    Yes £9.99 will give access to both for one year. Or £1/month if you prefer monthly payment. Thatís if you pay MoneyHub directly.

The £14.99 is if you purchase via the App Store. It would also give access to both.
    • No_6
    • By No_6 10th Sep 18, 9:20 PM
    • 658 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    No_6
    MS money on your PC then, just use your phone for
    what it was built for....ie other things

texting others whilst at a dinner, looking at apps...
    sport ,rude things etc when with people you don't want to be with.
    Last edited by No_6; 10-09-2018 at 9:23 PM.
    • colsten
    • By colsten 10th Sep 18, 9:54 PM
    • 9,214 Posts
    • 8,045 Thanks
    colsten
    MS money on your PC then
    Originally posted by No_6
    MS Money doesn't do what account aggregation software does because it wasn't built as an account aggregator.

just use your phone for
    what it was built for....ie other things

texting others whilst at a dinner, looking at apps...
    sport ,rude things etc when with people you don't want to be with.
    Originally posted by No_6
    Thank you for your advice but it's clear that my phone is different to the ones you are familiar with, and I am quite happy that I use mine in a way that suits me.
    • mrchrisbrogan
    • By mrchrisbrogan 11th Sep 18, 4:50 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    mrchrisbrogan
    I like Yolt and Emma. Both have stuff to iron out though IMO
    • colsten
    • By colsten 13th Sep 18, 2:02 PM
    • 9,214 Posts
    • 8,045 Thanks
    colsten
    I finally got a Moneyhub account now. Took 4 days to get it! I am still experimenting with it but on major shortfall is that it doesn't actually seem to let you log into your bank accounts, like I can do with AccountUnity. That's pants.

EDIT: Managed to add HSBC. Not impressed with just how long it takes to add a new account - - it's way, way, way faster doing that with AccountUnity. Then I tried and failed to add KRBS and Leeds BS, both of which I can log into directly with no issues. Looks I might be wasting my time with Moneyhub but I am waiting for their support to get back to me. Very disappointed.
    Last edited by colsten; 13-09-2018 at 2:14 PM.
    • ozaz
    • By ozaz 15th Sep 18, 11:33 AM
    • 177 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    ozaz
    I finally got a Moneyhub account now. Took 4 days to get it! I am still experimenting with it but on major shortfall is that it doesn't actually seem to let you log into your bank accounts, like I can do with AccountUnity. That's pants.

EDIT: Managed to add HSBC. Not impressed with just how long it takes to add a new account - - it's way, way, way faster doing that with AccountUnity. Then I tried and failed to add KRBS and Leeds BS, both of which I can log into directly with no issues. Looks I might be wasting my time with Moneyhub but I am waiting for their support to get back to me. Very disappointed.
    I connected accounts with 4 providers to MoneyHub (one of which was HSBC) without any issues during initial setup. Having said that MoneyHub is not my favourite aggregator and I'm not planning on using it long term. I only mentioned it earlier in the thread because it supports an impressive list of providers.

I've been trying Emma, Yolt, and Connected Money for a few months, and Moneyhub for just over a month. Emma has emerged as my favourite and the one I'm most likely to use long-term. The stability of connections have been rock solid (I don't recall ever needing to re-authenticate logins with Emma). In contrast I've had to re-authenticate logins with all other aggregators due to occasional loss of connections following initial setup.

I also like that Emma seems to prioritise clarity of interface over features/complexity - at least at this stage in its development. But this, combined with a relatively small number of supported providers (lowest among all the aggregators I've mentioned) and lack of web/desktop presence would make it unsuitable for some.
    Last edited by ozaz; 15-09-2018 at 11:35 AM.
    • Shedman
    • By Shedman 15th Sep 18, 1:03 PM
    • 209 Posts
    • 132 Thanks
    Shedman
    I connected accounts with 4 providers to MoneyHub (one of which was HSBC) without any issues during initial setup. Having said that MoneyHub is not my favourite aggregator and I'm not planning on using it long term. I only mentioned it earlier in the thread because it supports an impressive list of providers.

I've been trying Emma, Yolt, and Connected Money for a few months, and Moneyhub for just over a month. Emma has emerged as my favourite and the one I'm most likely to use long-term. The stability of connections have been rock solid (I don't recall ever needing to re-authenticate logins with Emma). In contrast I've had to re-authenticate logins with all other aggregators due to occasional loss of connections following initial setup.

I also like that Emma seems to prioritise clarity of interface over features/complexity - at least at this stage in its development. But this, combined with a relatively small number of supported providers (lowest among all the aggregators I've mentioned) and lack of web/desktop presence would make it unsuitable for some.
    With a financially scatty (although wonderful in other ways) stepdaughter with the same name I am not sure that I could trust a financial product called Emma
    • Lomcevak
    • By Lomcevak 15th Sep 18, 5:38 PM
    • 731 Posts
    • 4,313 Thanks
    Lomcevak
    I've been trying Emma, Yolt, and Connected Money for a few months, and Moneyhub for just over a month. Emma has emerged as my favourite and the one I'm most likely to use long-term.

Prompted by this, I've just downloaded Emma (which sounds weird, there must have been a better name ) and i'm quite impressed with it.

As you say, the list of supported providers is small, but it covers everything I use on a day-to-day basis, and it was very easy to get my current accounts connected. Transaction matching seems pretty good. The only issue for me is that it won't connect to my Amex account as it declares my (correct) password is incorrectly formatted, that seems to be a bug. (edit: kudos to their support, quick response on a saturday afternoon, and figured out a work-around which got it connected)

I'm a die-hard YNAB user (classic) so not sure that i'll use the budgeting features much - they look ok though, and I imagine they will be good enough for many users.

Only other wish is that it wasn't just on the phone - even iPad support would be enough for me, but it's pretty cramped on my iPhone 7 plus. Maybe it's my age but I prefer a larger screen.
    Last edited by Lomcevak; 15-09-2018 at 6:11 PM.
    MFiT-T4#126, £135k to 60k: £65,662/£75,000 (87.55%), 2018 MFW#11 £10,809.80/£15,000 (67.79%)
    £30k-in-í18#11 £29,548.64/£30,000 (98.50%)
    • ozaz
    • By ozaz 16th Sep 18, 10:57 AM
    • 177 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    ozaz
    Prompted by this, I've just downloaded Emma (which sounds weird, there must have been a better name ) and i'm quite impressed with it.

As you say, the list of supported providers is small, but it covers everything I use on a day-to-day basis, and it was very easy to get my current accounts connected. Transaction matching seems pretty good. The only issue for me is that it won't connect to my Amex account as it declares my (correct) password is incorrectly formatted, that seems to be a bug. (edit: kudos to their support, quick response on a saturday afternoon, and figured out a work-around which got it connected)

I'm a die-hard YNAB user (classic) so not sure that i'll use the budgeting features much - they look ok though, and I imagine they will be good enough for many users.

Only other wish is that it wasn't just on the phone - even iPad support would be enough for me, but it's pretty cramped on my iPhone 7 plus. Maybe it's my age but I prefer a larger screen.
    Originally posted by Lomcevak
    I read the name ended up as Emma because that happens to be an acronym of the initials of the founders.

I've used support on a number of occasions for questions and suggestions, and I always receive a very quick response. Perhaps because there's a relatively small user base at the moment.
    Last edited by ozaz; 16-09-2018 at 10:59 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,302Posts Today

8,084Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin