Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 6th Sep 18, 2:13 PM
    • 3,161Posts
    • 38,139Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Bank of Cyprus Rate Increase to 1.56%
    • 6th Sep 18, 2:13 PM
    Bank of Cyprus Rate Increase to 1.56% 6th Sep 18 at 2:13 PM
    or is it ?

Currently have a BOC Online Easy Access paying 0.85% + 0.56% bonus for 12 months giving an overall rate of 1.41%

However, just received the following....

The interest rate on your Bank of Cyprus UK Online Easy Access Account
    is increasing
    Following recent changes in market conditions we have taken the opportunity to review the interest rate on your Account.

We are delighted to inform you that on 7 September 2018 we will increase the underlying variable interest rate on your Online Easy Access Account from 0.85% AER/Gross* to 1.00% AER/Gross.

In addition to this increase you will also continue to receive the fixed rate bonus applicable for the first 12 months from the date of your initial deposit. Your new total rate, including bonus, will be 1.41 AER/Gross.

If this is the case then they have, at the same time also reduced the bonus to 0.41% without even mentioning it! Hmmm

Edit: having spoken to BOC it seems an error has be made in the e-mail. The overall rate will be 1.56% AER
    Another e-mail will be sent tomorrow with amended details and online accounts will show the update after the overnight run tonight
    Last edited by Wheres My Cashback; 06-09-2018 at 3:00 PM.
Page 2
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 7th Sep 18, 1:08 PM
    • 3,161 Posts
    • 38,139 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    So, that which is in the thread title isn't the only thing being discussed. You brought it up. Read the quotes.
    Originally posted by soulsaver
    Correct, I did, to advise another poster of a different option who was enquiring about the availability of the 1.56%. That doesn't mean the thread is about that different option, does it.

As you know there is a separate thread on the 1.36% account.
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 7th Sep 18, 1:23 PM
    • 2,112 Posts
    • 966 Thanks
    soulsaver
    Correct, I did, to advise another poster of a different option who was enquiring about the availability of the 1.56%. That doesn't mean the thread is about that different option, does it.
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    Glad you got there in the end.
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 7th Sep 18, 1:46 PM
    • 3,161 Posts
    • 38,139 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Glad you got there in the end.
    Originally posted by soulsaver
    I takes time with some people
    • KingL
    • By KingL 14th Sep 18, 4:33 PM
    • 1,665 Posts
    • 752 Thanks
    KingL
    Has anyone had trouble transferring money out of the BoC Easy Access Saver (to the nominated/linked account) recently?

I had an old Easy Access with them for a year. Recently (2 weeks ago) I 'migrated' it to a new one (the bonus ended) and can't withdraw money from the new one via internet banking (I get the very helpful error message "something has gone wrong, please try again").

I know they've had a systems upgrade recently last week, I wonder if it is a universal problem.

Or maybe it is a 'wait for the new DD to the nominated account to be setup'. I suggested that as a possible cause to Customer Services but they are clueless......

• Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 14th Sep 18, 5:15 PM
    • 1,552 Posts
    • 969 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    I've never had a problem transferring out, in fact the speed of transferring out varies dramatically from moments to 12hrs with no real pattern.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,179Posts Today

8,627Users online

Martin's Twitter