Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • vidivic
    • By vidivic 6th Sep 18, 10:51 AM
    • 12Posts
    • 1Thanks
    vidivic
    Excel parking issue PCN even though paid
    • 6th Sep 18, 10:51 AM
    Excel parking issue PCN even though paid 6th Sep 18 at 10:51 AM
    Hello, forum newbie here.
    I received an Excel PCN in July. I parked in a car park at Media City where I usually park from time to time and usually use the app to pay.
    The normal payment provider had changed from Ring go to Connect Cashless Parking who also cover car parks in some other parts of Manchester.
    Being unfamilar with the system I needed to call to secure my parking.
    I made the call, the automaton on the other end relayed my reg number back to me, turns out I was already set up after using the system once a very long time ago, the phone cut out for a second then I heard your parking has started.
    I went off, later I received a text to say my parking was due so I retuned to the vehicle to find a ticket.
    I called excel immediately to ask what the hell is going on, how can I pay for a ticket on their automated system but still receive a fine?
    They didn't have any answers and said I would need to appeal.
    At home I looked up the notice online and checked the connect cashless account.
    Turns our I had paid for parking in a different car park. The right amount just wrong location.
    I appealed with this evidence straight away.
    The charge was issued on 6th July, I appealed the same day.
    Excel came back to me on the 26th: " We are still continuing to evaluate your correspondence and as such we are unable to let you have a
    decision at this stage. We expect to let you have our decision/response by 16/8/2018."
    Then heard nothing until the 5th September.

Excel: The signs at the car park make it clear that the land is private property and that a charge of 100 will be levied if
    vehicles are parked outside of the Terms and Conditions displayed. The signs make it clear that a valid ticket to park
    must be purchased and, where applicable, clearly displayed in the vehicle parked. The above detailed vehicle was
    observed parked whilst payment for parking had not been correctly made and you became liable for the Charge
    advertised.

They also go on to say:

"we must clarify that this is third-
    party software for which we are not responsible. When paying for parking over the phone, motorists should ensure

that their payment has been allocated to the correct vehicle registration number, it is imperative that the information
    used is 100% accurate."

Essentially saying its not our fault the software doesn't work and you needed to wait for confirmation, but I got audio confirmation and a text message to say it was up!

As a final thought they say:
    "On this occasion the vehicle was parked when there was no valid session
    to park paid for and therefore in the absence of a Pay & Display ticket, it was parked contrary to the Terms and Conditions displayed."
    Which to me implies that unless you display a ticket you will always be in contravention of the T's & C's.

They now want 60 going to 100 in 21 days.

Id like to appeal as I paid fr the season but in the wrong place due to the phone cutting out and me not hearing the location but I sceptical after reading about their move to different appeals body who are just as bad!!!!

HELP!
    Cheers
Page 2
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 10th Nov 18, 4:54 PM
    • 10,626 Posts
    • 11,017 Thanks
    KeithP
    Make your way to the thread index list.
    That's the page where you found the New Thread button over two months ago.

You are looking for a thread entitled:

**NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou!

Difficult to understand how your research has not found it before.
    As you say - amazing.
    Last edited by KeithP; 10-11-2018 at 5:00 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,590Posts Today

4,461Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin