Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nico Byron
    • By Nico Byron 5th Sep 18, 4:54 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Nico Byron
    TalkTalk Scam - Sky Sports Boost and TV Starter Boost
    • 5th Sep 18, 4:54 PM
    TalkTalk Scam - Sky Sports Boost and TV Starter Boost 5th Sep 18 at 4:54 PM
    I have recently noticed that TalkTalk have been taking money from my account for Sky Sports Boost and TV Starter Boost, I didn't request either, I don't watch sport and live alone so nobody else requested this, and I don't even know what TV Starter Boost is!

I have raised this to them and escalated it and the Manager I spoke to said it was me, I selected them and tough no refund, but I didn't. I asked if these boxes were ticked already and I had to untick them (Maybe I hadn't seen that) he couldn't confirm that.

Has anyone else had this problem? I just don't know what to do, I asked him to go in and review my account and see that I hadn't ever loggged into or used either.
Page 1
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 5th Sep 18, 5:40 PM
    • 2,732 Posts
    • 1,358 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 5th Sep 18, 5:40 PM
    • 5th Sep 18, 5:40 PM
    I just tried running through a new sub and it is something that you add yourself I'm afraid, are they for the duration of the contract or can you add or remove them at will with 30 days notice perhaps.
    • TalkTalk
      Verified User verified user
    • By TalkTalk Verified User verified user 8th Sep 18, 1:03 PM
    • 1,853 Posts
    • 314 Thanks
    TalkTalk
    • 8th Sep 18, 1:03 PM
    • 8th Sep 18, 1:03 PM
    Hi Nico,

I'm so sorry to hear that, would you be able to drop us a line over Twitter (@TalkTalk), on our Online Community or via the chat link on our website so that we can look into what's happened here?

Thanks,
    Becky
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 10th Sep 18, 6:54 PM
    • 9,014 Posts
    • 6,741 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 10th Sep 18, 6:54 PM
    • 10th Sep 18, 6:54 PM
    Yet again somebody describing their own actions as a company scamming them.
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 15th Sep 18, 8:26 AM
    • 10,701 Posts
    • 10,990 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    • 15th Sep 18, 8:26 AM
    • 15th Sep 18, 8:26 AM
    In my experience, Talktalk is particularly bad about indicating what the "TV" subscription is actually for.

It turns out that it is for content only, but that the payment subsidises the cost of the bundled Youview box. After the minimum contract period, you are free to cancel the TV sub, lose any bundled content and carry on using the Youview box for free content (or your own pay arrangement e.g. with Netflix). Although I don't think it's explicitly stated, I've not seen any reports of Talktalk asking for boxes to be returned.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

269Posts Today

3,833Users online

Martin's Twitter