Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hammersfaniow
    • By hammersfaniow 5th Sep 18, 11:27 AM
    • 89Posts
    • 26Thanks
    hammersfaniow
    0 WOW
    Teletext Holidays
    • 5th Sep 18, 11:27 AM
    0 WOW
    Teletext Holidays 5th Sep 18 at 11:27 AM
    Rung up to book a holiday, quoted ref number etc. Went through the process, paid deposit of £197 then got confirmation through - not the right one ! We booked an adult only hotel, which has a family friendly hotel next door and we’d been booked into the wrong one.

They’re now saying I can’t be put into the hotel I wanted to be in as they’re sold out, but I also can’t have a refund because the ref number I gave them showed they had got it right, despite me having screen shots proving otherwise. I paid through a Sainsbury’s credit card so I could try getting it back through them I guess.

Any help, please ??
Page 1
    • hammersfaniow
    • By hammersfaniow 11th Sep 18, 8:58 AM
    • 89 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    hammersfaniow
    • 11th Sep 18, 8:58 AM
    • 11th Sep 18, 8:58 AM
    Bump......
    • Westin
    • By Westin 11th Sep 18, 9:34 AM
    • 1,573 Posts
    • 1,154 Thanks
    Westin
    • 11th Sep 18, 9:34 AM
    • 11th Sep 18, 9:34 AM
    Not sure what you are asking for.

You have not mentioned either of the hotel names, the one you wanted and the one next door which you have been booked into.

If when speaking to the agent on the phone they confirmed the hotel name and you agreed to booking that one, then I guess the booking stands.

You could ask them to listen to the phone call to see what was said.

Have you looked at their terms and conditions regarding amendment costs to switch to another hotel?

I don’t see any section75 claim necessarily applying unless you have proof that the wrong hotel was booked.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 11th Sep 18, 9:56 AM
    • 16,510 Posts
    • 12,633 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 11th Sep 18, 9:56 AM
    • 11th Sep 18, 9:56 AM
    Search the boards for teletext to see the numerous complaints about this company
    Last edited by hollydays; 11-09-2018 at 10:22 AM.
  • Teletext
    • 13th Sep 18, 9:06 AM
    • 13th Sep 18, 9:06 AM
    Hey Hammersfan,

We are sorry to read your review. Can you please provide us with your booking reference number so we can contact you directly? Please email teletextcompliance@teletext.co.uk

Thank you

Kind Regards

Teletext Holidays
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 13th Sep 18, 11:17 AM
    • 20,979 Posts
    • 56,556 Thanks
    Pollycat
    • 13th Sep 18, 11:17 AM
    • 13th Sep 18, 11:17 AM
    And OP - please do come back and let us know how Teletext Holidays dealt with your complaint.

Thanks
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 13th Sep 18, 10:50 PM
    • 16,510 Posts
    • 12,633 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 13th Sep 18, 10:50 PM
    • 13th Sep 18, 10:50 PM
    Hey Hammersfan,

We are sorry to read your review. Can you please provide us with your booking reference number so we can contact you directly? Please email teletextcompliance@teletext.co.uk

Thank you

Kind Regards

Teletext Holidays
    Originally posted by Teletext
    Hey Teletext,

I remember one other poster said you did a runner..
    Exact words "Hi mate, no further contact from Teletext as expected. They wrote to us advising that they would be in touch within 28 days which was yesterday, so i will be contacting them now."

Yes, that was YOU.
    Last edited by hollydays; 13-09-2018 at 10:57 PM.
    • hammersfaniow
    • By hammersfaniow 30th Sep 18, 9:02 AM
    • 89 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    hammersfaniow
    • 30th Sep 18, 9:02 AM
    • 30th Sep 18, 9:02 AM
    Ok, so here’s the update and apologies for the delay. I was contacted by teletext customer service team - who have a much more literate group of staff than their booking team - and the guy said that he could understand my frustration, he’d listened to the recording of the call and admitted that the assistant needs retraining and will be dealt with (maybe he will, maybe he won’t) and that the booking itself was handled in a bad way.

They could put me into the hotel I wanted at a cost of £200 more, and that they would cover £120 of that. When I explained that I had a screenshot of the hotel with all the details on, and that the reference number didn’t relate to the hotel I was booked into, I said that as it was their mess up, it should be down to them to fix it. After a couple of minutes on hold they came back to me and agreed so they put me in the hotel I should’ve been in the first place.

Great that I’ve got it sorted out, but the fact it’s taken me so long to get it sorted plus it’s something which should never have happened in the first place still grinds me and I won’t ever use them again.
    • sunsunsunshinegirl
    • By sunsunsunshinegirl 9th Nov 18, 7:24 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sunsunsunshinegirl
    • 9th Nov 18, 7:24 PM
    Money grabbing cheats!
    • 9th Nov 18, 7:24 PM
    As friends we specifically requested a twin room and were booked into a double, the money was taken from my account before I received the confirmation email giving permission and I have the proof of that in the clock times shown on the emails. We were shocked to see we had been charged £163 extra PER PERSON and when queried we were told that it was for an upgrade to a twin room with balcony and sea view. We would not have accepted this as all rooms have a balcony and sea view anyway. This was the start of WEEKS AND WEEKS of stress, unreturned and much promised phone calls, complaints through the official channel, live chat and more. It was only confirmed that we were having a twin room when I contacted them to say I was filing a complaint under SECTION 75 of BARCLAYCARD for the entire cost of the holiday, I then received confirmation of twin beds within about 40 minutes.
    The £432 we realise we will never see again and the SO CALLED UPGRADE gave us 2 x SINGLE BEDS!

I will NEVER book with TELETEXT again and if you are unfortunate enough to have a problem with your booking I urge you to quote and use Section 75 of Barclaycard. 18% of reviews on Trustpilot are below average - surely that speaks volumes - DO NOT USE THEM. As for looking into my complaint - you did this for weeks on end and I never ever got a reply from you. We have now had our holiday now and my stress is over. NEVER AGAIN!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

567Posts Today

5,677Users online

Martin's Twitter