Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • paragon909
    • By paragon909 4th Sep 18, 10:57 PM
    • 1,399Posts
    • 1,396Thanks
    paragon909
    Tesco Bank Insurance!
    • 4th Sep 18, 10:57 PM
    Tesco Bank Insurance! 4th Sep 18 at 10:57 PM
    So I'm currently paying 39.80 month for a 1.2 corsa comfort... Not exactly a sports car, I'm over 25 still under 30. Yet my last years insurance was only 29 odd, But am I paying extra when I recently done a quote with tesco bank and got a quote for that 29 again.

Can I just cancel my insurance and take it out a new policy with the newer price. Seems ridiculous tbh. I'v never crashed a car in my life, I'v never dented a car, I've had no collisions. What am I paying for here.

Some advice would be greatful.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 4th Sep 18, 11:22 PM
    • 38,329 Posts
    • 22,299 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 4th Sep 18, 11:22 PM
    • 4th Sep 18, 11:22 PM
    You will be able to cancel your policy and take out a new policy.

Bear in mind that there will be costs involved! (Cancellation fee plus early termination costs as you are paying off the premium in instalments)

And no NCD will be awarded for the part year.

Find out the full cost to you of cancelling and do the sums to make sure this is a cost effective plan
    • hollie.weimeraner
    • By hollie.weimeraner 5th Sep 18, 8:16 AM
    • 1,739 Posts
    • 1,247 Thanks
    hollie.weimeraner
    • 5th Sep 18, 8:16 AM
    • 5th Sep 18, 8:16 AM
    So I'm currently paying 39.80 month for a 1.2 corsa comfort... Not exactly a sports car, I'm over 25 still under 30. Yet my last years insurance was only 29 odd, But am I paying extra when I recently done a quote with tesco bank and got a quote for that 29 again.

Originally posted by paragon909
    My assumption here is that you let them automatically renew your policy when it expired.

Never ever select auto renew when the policy is taken out (sometimes they hide this in the detail but you can deselect it).

Then do a search of alternative providers prior to renewal (I do mine about 6 weeks before renewal with dummy details).

Read MSE's articles about car insurance and hopefully you won't get stung again.
    3.975 KW Solar PV. 15 Canadian Black 265w panels with Sunny Boy 3600tl Inverter. SSE facing with 30 degree pitch. In occasionally sunny Sheffield.
    Toyota Auris Hybrid Tourer
    Toyota Yaris Hybrid
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 5th Sep 18, 8:28 AM
    • 33,788 Posts
    • 21,284 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 5th Sep 18, 8:28 AM
    • 5th Sep 18, 8:28 AM

Can I just cancel my insurance and take it out a new policy with the newer price. Seems ridiculous tbh. I'v never crashed a car in my life, I'v never dented a car, I've had no collisions. What am I paying for here.

Originally posted by paragon909
    Nearly 40 a month for insurance and being under 30, I suspect it could be high due to the car being a corsa, its seen as a boy racers car.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,061Posts Today

8,385Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • 10 ways you should act now to beat April bill shocks - council tax UP, stamp prices UP, TV licence UP, energy bills? https://t.co/WiOWiogCCA

• I have a confession to make... I think I now prefer Young Sheldon to The Big Bang Theory (or at least to the recent series). Am I alone?

• RT @TDHPhotography: Thank you @MartinSLewis After seeing your show on Council tax exemption for severe mental disorders, after a brief batt?

• Follow Martin