Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • myalphabetgirls
    • By myalphabetgirls 2nd Sep 18, 6:28 PM
    • 623Posts
    • 8,809Thanks
    myalphabetgirls
    Pepper money? Anyone have any experience good or bad please
    • 2nd Sep 18, 6:28 PM
    Pepper money? Anyone have any experience good or bad please 2nd Sep 18 at 6:28 PM
    Just wondering if anyone has any experience, good for or bad, of Pepper money for UK market.

When googling only negatives are apparent. I’m certain that’s not a true reflection of a company as most people I think only tend to review if they’ve had a bad experience.

Anyone?
    Love, through the trees, past the sky, beyond the northern lights; and I won't let go. May your soul and spirt fly sweetheart x

My alphabet-girls are with me every step of the way x
Page 6
    • JasonHand
    • By JasonHand 17th Dec 18, 9:54 AM
    • 159 Posts
    • 66 Thanks
    JasonHand
    Hi all... illness has prevented me from posting in the thread which I started. It’s nice to see sone new names.

Well... drum roll... we exchanged contracts yesterday and completed today!!!!!!! We picked up our keys at 2pm!

So we have done it!

Couldn’t have done it without the tenacity patience and support of our broker who I would recommend to anyone. Several others before him messed us about with empty promises but we called in to our brokers office and he assured us he could help and he did!

For interest we have been offered 2.74% fixed for 2 hrs ‘pepper 18’ I think it was called.

Has taken since mud September but yay! Now a new chapter begins!

Thank you all and good luck with your purchases. All will be good!

Myalphabetgirls x
    Originally posted by myalphabetgirls
    Fantastic news for you, and a really great Christmas Present. We completed 10th December and we were so busy this weekend moving things from one house to the other.

I'm glad to be at work today, it should be a restful day.
    • Lew602
    • By Lew602 10th Jan 19, 10:27 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Lew602
    Firstly thankyou to all that's posted in this thread. I've just received my paper work with the mortage offer. As with you all I've been super stressed all the way through. Very relaxed now.
    The one query I have is that in the charges pepper states the there will be a charge for peppers legal fees, to be paid to my solicitor. My solicitor has sent me an estimation of around 1300. I assumed this is all I would pay for solicitors cost. Did any one else pay an extra 660. Thank you in advance to anyone that reads this.
    • ACG
    • By ACG 11th Jan 19, 8:42 AM
    • 18,548 Posts
    • 10,201 Thanks
    ACG
    The solicitor does work for you and for the lender (Pepper in your case). The lender has to give an estimate of how much that work will cost, however that cost IS built in to the price you have been quoted usually and at £1300 it sounds very much like it has been.

In effect it is £1300 not £1300 plus £660 - all other lenders quote solicitors fees in the illustration/offer.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • myalphabetgirls
    • By myalphabetgirls 12th Jan 19, 8:28 PM
    • 623 Posts
    • 8,809 Thanks
    myalphabetgirls
    Just an update.

We exchanged and completed in 2 days in end - 14th December - hooray! and we are in! Thank you to our lovely patient broker and Pepper as a company for giving us a chance. Thank you also to the comments on this thread from all who contributed for helping me keep sane during a stressful time.

It took 7 weeks to get an official offer from pepoer but in hindsight it was well worth the wait.

We love our new house. Fresh start. New beginnings.

Anyone about to embark on a pepoer money journey hang in there for the best is yet to come!
    Love, through the trees, past the sky, beyond the northern lights; and I won't let go. May your soul and spirt fly sweetheart x

My alphabet-girls are with me every step of the way x
    • Lew602
    • By Lew602 2nd Feb 19, 12:47 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Lew602
    Thanks acg. You were spot on. I'm all paid up now. Collect our keys tue thanks again to acg and everyone that posted on this thread . Made a very unknown process to me look a lot clearer.
    • Guerillatoker
    • By Guerillatoker 2nd Feb 19, 3:02 PM
    • 406 Posts
    • 427 Thanks
    Guerillatoker
    Put in my application on the 31st. Hoping for a quick turnaround to minimise my period of 'housing insecurity' but fortunately I read poster's experience with Pepper so am prepared for a gradual process. I provided everything I can think they should need so hopefully no snags, but there is always something!
    • Happyme7
    • By Happyme7 2nd Feb 19, 8:36 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Happyme7
    Hi ive been reading up on the posts for pepper mortgages and its great to see ppl getting mortgage offers. We have our mortgage application in from last Friday and Pepper requested more information. Im totally stressed about it all but i know theres not alot i can do about it. My advisor is hoping for an update on Monday so this will be the 6th working day so still early stages yef. But reading everyones comments it does give me some hope its just such a stressful time!
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 2nd Feb 19, 8:47 PM
    • 4,955 Posts
    • 5,702 Thanks
    robatwork
    Any mortgage offer is not to be sneezed at.
    • Happyme7
    • By Happyme7 3rd Feb 19, 9:54 AM
    • 41 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Happyme7
    Arghh im so stressed !! How long have ppl had to wait? Im going in to my second week still early i know , its such a worry im trying not to think about it but i cnt help it! Last wk they requested an explanation of adverse credit and other bank statements etc. Should have some update tomorrow my advisor has said. The wait is killing me lol its horrible and i know its still going to be a while yet :/
    • Happyme7
    • By Happyme7 3rd Feb 19, 10:03 AM
    • 41 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Happyme7
    Any replies would be much appreciated
    • ACG
    • By ACG 3rd Feb 19, 11:25 AM
    • 18,548 Posts
    • 10,201 Thanks
    ACG
    You need to speak to your broker.

We can give estimates, but your broker will be the one to give more specific timeframes as they know your case better than we will and when documents were sent over.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 3rd Feb 19, 12:21 PM
    • 97,596 Posts
    • 65,724 Thanks
    dunstonh
    Arghh im so stressed !! How long have ppl had to wait? Im going in to my second week still early i know , its such a worry im trying not to think about it but i cnt help it! Last wk they requested an explanation of adverse credit and other bank statements etc. Should have some update tomorrow my advisor has said. The wait is killing me lol its horrible and i know its still going to be a while yet :/
    Originally posted by Happyme7
    Ask your broker. That is what they are there for. To hand hold you through the process.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Happyme7
    • By Happyme7 3rd Feb 19, 12:41 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Happyme7
    Thank you, I have been asking my broker im probably doing his head in lol but he did say he will have an update on Monday as they are on the list for a phone call to chase it up! Im just so nervous, i think the hardest part is having had our offer accepted and now it all depends on this
    • JasonHand
    • By JasonHand 4th Feb 19, 8:23 AM
    • 159 Posts
    • 66 Thanks
    JasonHand
    Thank you, I have been asking my broker im probably doing his head in lol but he did say he will have an update on Monday as they are on the list for a phone call to chase it up! Im just so nervous, i think the hardest part is having had our offer accepted and now it all depends on this
    Hi Happyme7, I certainly get what you are saying, I was exactly the same. But at the end of the day its a patience game. My understanding with Pepper is they get to your application, go through bits of it, then ask for some extra information and then you go back to the bottom of the pile. They then get back to your application, and then still might need some more information and then again when they receive that information you go back to the bottom of the pile.

Having been there myself I know how frustrating and stressful it is but please take some comfort in that they are working on your application and the fact you are at this stage is a good thing.

Good luck and I hope you get some positive news today
    • Happyme7
    • By Happyme7 4th Feb 19, 9:31 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Happyme7
    Awh thank you very much for replying! Its good to be able to speak to people who have or are going through the same thing. I see you got your offer is that right have you completed? And how long did you have to wait if you dnt mind me asking?
    My advisor got back to me today asking for 12 months rental payments and some other bank statements. Now my rent up until October last year states that im in arrears- this is because i started paying the council weekly when i first got this house but thn changed it to monthly but what i wasnt aware of was tht i should of paid it 4 wks in advance first and i would have never of known if i didnt look things up online so now im really stressed and think this could stop us. Ive been totally upfront with my advisor and told him all of this - he said hes spoken with Pepper and they have said aslong as i can get a reference thn that will be okay. The housing office emailed them over a reference and my advisor said its really gd but im just worried that it could still mess up for us here! My head is really done in!
    • PowerofCats
    • By PowerofCats 5th Feb 19, 12:53 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    PowerofCats
    So we're currently going through with Pepper and had the valuation yesterday on our BTL remortgage

Husband got a call from them last night to confirm DD details, gave them the solicitors details and said an offer would be out this week to our advisor. The valuation was spot on.

Advisor called this morning to say that they were now saying NO as we have a 'habitable outbuilding'. We don't. There are no outbuildings on our property land at all. The surveyor report apparently states 'UPVC in outbuilding'. We have sent pictures of the house over to the advisor, along with google earth pictures and confirmed that the 'outbuilding' they are referring to is an old coalstore that was part of the building some 40 years ago but is now knocked through and converted into the kitchen diner. It has a structural beam and is all open plan!!!

Pepper are waiting for the surveyor to call them back, but I'm so anxious it's unreal.

We went from being super happy last night to depressed this morning.

Hoping this is sorted quickly, but I did read up online and google the surveyor and it wasn't good reading :/
    Last edited by PowerofCats; 05-02-2019 at 12:58 PM.
    • JasonHand
    • By JasonHand 5th Feb 19, 1:41 PM
    • 159 Posts
    • 66 Thanks
    JasonHand
    Awh thank you very much for replying! Its good to be able to speak to people who have or are going through the same thing. I see you got your offer is that right have you completed? And how long did you have to wait if you dnt mind me asking?
    My advisor got back to me today asking for 12 months rental payments and some other bank statements. Now my rent up until October last year states that im in arrears- this is because i started paying the council weekly when i first got this house but thn changed it to monthly but what i wasnt aware of was tht i should of paid it 4 wks in advance first and i would have never of known if i didnt look things up online so now im really stressed and think this could stop us. Ive been totally upfront with my advisor and told him all of this - he said hes spoken with Pepper and they have said aslong as i can get a reference thn that will be okay. The housing office emailed them over a reference and my advisor said its really gd but im just worried that it could still mess up for us here! My head is really done in!
    No probs for the reply. I was asked for proof of 12 months of rental payments. Mine was pretty complicated because I rented off my sister in law and we had various payments going into her account for some bits and we'd lent her money from time to time so it all looked a bit odd.

One thing I would advise is (if you work for a company) is to ask your employer to write a letter just confirming your employment and salary. I got right to the end of the process and then they requested this piece of info which added yet more time onto the process.

Got my fingers crossed for you
    • Happyme7
    • By Happyme7 5th Feb 19, 4:57 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Happyme7
    Thank you, do you think they would accept contracts for proof of employment i have a contract from my work and my partber has a copy of his contract i wonder if these will do?
    I now have to wait another 3 days for an update and i bet they come bk with something else! I dnt get why they dnt just ask for everything at once but never mind i cnt really complain lol im just so stressed out

And powerofcats awh no i hope you get sorted and get your offer asap ino how ur feeling fingers crossed for you !
    • JasonHand
    • By JasonHand 6th Feb 19, 9:47 AM
    • 159 Posts
    • 66 Thanks
    JasonHand
    Thank you, do you think they would accept contracts for proof of employment i have a contract from my work and my partber has a copy of his contract i wonder if these will do?
    I now have to wait another 3 days for an update and i bet they come bk with something else! I dnt get why they dnt just ask for everything at once but never mind i cnt really complain lol im just so stressed out

And powerofcats awh no i hope you get sorted and get your offer asap ino how ur feeling fingers crossed for you !
    I think your question re contracts would be better suited to another poster but I'm sure you will be OK as your broker would have taken this into account. If I was you I'd get you and your partners contract details and get them sent to your broker. It might just save a bit of time in the long run.

Keep us up to date.
    • Happyme7
    • By Happyme7 6th Feb 19, 1:29 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Happyme7
    Thank you il do that actually your right they will no doubt only ask for it lol. Thank you and il keep you posted
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,324Posts Today

5,705Users online

Martin's Twitter