Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • vivatifosi
    • By vivatifosi 1st Sep 18, 5:24 PM
    • 18,274Posts
    • 113,429Thanks
    vivatifosi
    Best price for Sky Sports... only want American Football
    • 1st Sep 18, 5:24 PM
    Best price for Sky Sports... only want American Football 1st Sep 18 at 5:24 PM
    Sky Sports is getting ever more expensive, but we only want it for American Football.

Can anyone tell me if there's a cheaper way to watch this, or whether there are any deals coming up? I'm not aware of any way you can buy a single sports channel or for that matter whether the NFL games are scheduled for the same side if that's possible. It's for my husband. He watches NFL but not college football.

Don't want to be paying for Sky to buy Premier League games. No interest there.

TIA
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
Page 1
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 1st Sep 18, 7:22 PM
    • 9,355 Posts
    • 7,028 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 1st Sep 18, 7:22 PM
    • 1st Sep 18, 7:22 PM
    I'm no expert on the sports channels, but Now TV lets you dip in and out of Sky Sports as and when you like. I can't speak for their competitiveness generally, but there are frequent deals on offer.
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 1st Sep 18, 8:54 PM
    • 1,055 Posts
    • 804 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    • 1st Sep 18, 8:54 PM
    • 1st Sep 18, 8:54 PM
    NFL Game Pass
    https://www.nflgamepass.com/en
    from their website
    NFL Game Pass is only available to users located inside Europe. Additional blackout restrictions apply in the UK and Republic of Ireland. Blacked-out games will be made available on demand in the NFL Game Pass archives 24 hours after their original telecast. Game broadcasts and content included in the service are available only in English. NFL Game Pass is intended for personal use only and is not specifically intended for commercial use. For a full description of device-specific features, requirements, limitations, and other information, visit our FAQ.
    So if Sky shows a particular NFL game, it is not available to watch live.

Pricing
    ANNUAL
    Subscription
    or 4 x 35.00 instalments
    until 31 July 2019

WEEKLY
    Subscription
    7 days access
    Last edited by gsmlnx; 01-09-2018 at 8:56 PM. Reason: Pricing
    • vivatifosi
    • By vivatifosi 2nd Sep 18, 10:04 AM
    • 18,274 Posts
    • 113,429 Thanks
    vivatifosi
    • 2nd Sep 18, 10:04 AM
    • 2nd Sep 18, 10:04 AM
    I think NFL Game Pass is the way forward, thanks. Although it is more expensive, you get so much more for your money.
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
    • Bigphil1474
    • By Bigphil1474 3rd Sep 18, 12:48 PM
    • 890 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    Bigphil1474
    • 3rd Sep 18, 12:48 PM
    • 3rd Sep 18, 12:48 PM
    OP, Now TV sports passes range in price from about 8 for a day pass to 33 for a month. Cancel when you want (no 12 month contract). As the season is only 6 months, it might be cheaper to do it that way. There are usually deals to be had as well - often if you go to cancel a month pass, they'll offer you half price for a few months. I got an email last month offering Now TV sports for 19 a month for 3 months. You need good BB speed though as it is all streamed. Could be a pain if your BB is patchy.
    • campbell19925
    • By campbell19925 3rd Sep 18, 12:56 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    campbell19925
    • 3rd Sep 18, 12:56 PM
    • 3rd Sep 18, 12:56 PM
    I think NFL Game Pass is the way forward, thanks. Although it is more expensive, you get so much more for your money.
    Originally posted by vivatifosi
    Definitely game pass, the only problem you will have is that the games shown on SKY will not be available on game pass - they will be BLACKED OUT.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,691Posts Today

8,914Users online

Martin's Twitter