Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 30th Aug 18, 4:51 PM
    • 390Posts
    • 141Thanks
    MSE Callum
    TSB customer? You may need to check your credit file is up to date - MSE News
    • 30th Aug 18, 4:51 PM
    TSB customer? You may need to check your credit file is up to date - MSE News 30th Aug 18 at 4:51 PM
    TSB customers should urgently check their credit scores after the bank admitted there were delays updating the credit references following its major IT problems in April...
    Read the full story:
    'TSB customer? You may need to check your credit file is up to date'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Page 1
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 30th Aug 18, 6:03 PM
    • 4,958 Posts
    • 2,466 Thanks
    Consumerist
    • 30th Aug 18, 6:03 PM
    • 30th Aug 18, 6:03 PM
    My TSB credit-report entries have been stuck since April. It seems too much of a coincidence to believe it had nothing to do with its IT problems which started at the same time.

As for checking scores, I haven't wasted my time - it just happens to be displayed as soon as I open my report. I prefer to ignore it and move on to the detailed entries.
    Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    • sat_mad
    • By sat_mad 30th Aug 18, 6:37 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    sat_mad
    • 30th Aug 18, 6:37 PM
    • 30th Aug 18, 6:37 PM
    I noticed the other week that my TSB credit card wasn't updating on my credit report (I no longer possess it).

Contacted Experian to see if it could be updated, but they didn't want to know, so will just have to wait for TSB to pull their finger out I guess.
    • Skippy13
    • By Skippy13 30th Aug 18, 6:42 PM
    • 152 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Skippy13
    • 30th Aug 18, 6:42 PM
    • 30th Aug 18, 6:42 PM
    I closed my TSB account and it's still showing as active on my credit files. They've also managed to send me a debit card for a presumably new account (different account number to the closed one) so I've complained about both issues.
    • masonic
    • By masonic 30th Aug 18, 8:38 PM
    • 10,116 Posts
    • 7,399 Thanks
    masonic
    • 30th Aug 18, 8:38 PM
    • 30th Aug 18, 8:38 PM
    I shifted my balance to a new card, so now it looks as though I have double the credit card debt. Last update from TSB was 31st May.

I very much doubt the August data will be available in early September when they still haven't sent June or July data.
    • PrettyFlower90
    • By PrettyFlower90 30th Aug 18, 11:27 PM
    • 203 Posts
    • 125 Thanks
    PrettyFlower90
    • 30th Aug 18, 11:27 PM
    • 30th Aug 18, 11:27 PM
    To be honest, I find this article written for MSE to be a bit poor. Our credit "scores" are mostly irrelevant. It's the information on our credit report or file that is the most important aspect! Yet this article constantly refers to "check your credit score". Think this author needs to read MSE's own advice online.
    • SuiDreams
    • By SuiDreams 31st Aug 18, 12:47 PM
    • 2,313 Posts
    • 10,295 Thanks
    SuiDreams
    • 31st Aug 18, 12:47 PM
    • 31st Aug 18, 12:47 PM
    To be honest, I find this article written for MSE to be a bit poor. Our credit "scores" are mostly irrelevant. It's the information on our credit report or file that is the most important aspect! Yet this article constantly refers to "check your credit score". Think this author needs to read MSE's own advice online.
    Originally posted by PrettyFlower90

I agree no idea why they are constantly talking about Credit Scores, its the actual credit report people should be checking not the scores.
    • HornetSaver
    • By HornetSaver 31st Aug 18, 2:57 PM
    • 2,856 Posts
    • 4,719 Thanks
    HornetSaver
    • 31st Aug 18, 2:57 PM
    • 31st Aug 18, 2:57 PM
    My credit score on the MSE Credit club was excellent until April, and has been in the yellow since May.

I did have some significant changes at the very end of 2017 (a mortgage, several new utility accounts, and switched bank account the month *after* I went into the yellow), but absolutely nothing at the sort of time it changed. Hadn't actually clocked the potential link until now, despite having been kept fully informed of the story.

Fortunately for TSB I have not had any need for credit - though I will in the coming months as I look to build up a bit of a stooze.
    I'm standing by my pre-referendum prediction: "Brexit will lead to a recession"

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=70662330
    • zx81
    • By zx81 31st Aug 18, 2:59 PM
    • 19,362 Posts
    • 20,688 Thanks
    zx81
    • 31st Aug 18, 2:59 PM
    • 31st Aug 18, 2:59 PM
    My credit score on the MSE Credit club was excellent until April, and has been in the yellow since May.
    Originally posted by HornetSaver
    Thank goodness the score is made up!
    • HornetSaver
    • By HornetSaver 1st Sep 18, 12:41 PM
    • 2,856 Posts
    • 4,719 Thanks
    HornetSaver
    Thank goodness the score is made up!
    Originally posted by zx81

Good grief.

The entire point of credit scoring is that it is intended to mimic lenders' interpretation of risk. Is that score worth paying a significant amount of money for? No.

Is a decline something to be flippantly dismissed? Not without an understanding of what might make you an increased risk.
    I'm standing by my pre-referendum prediction: "Brexit will lead to a recession"

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=70662330
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 1st Sep 18, 4:12 PM
    • 4,958 Posts
    • 2,466 Thanks
    Consumerist
    Just for information, I noticed from my latest Noddle credit report that they will now produce them at weekly intervals. I don't know if this is universally the case but could be handy where things like TSB are concerned and if you have made any recent credit applications or missed any payments.
    Last edited by Consumerist; 01-09-2018 at 4:14 PM.
    Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    • Vortigern
    • By Vortigern 1st Sep 18, 11:36 PM
    • 2,601 Posts
    • 1,789 Thanks
    Vortigern
    Noddle today shows an update from TSB CC on 31 May, other cards updated 31 July.

Clearscore still has TSB stuck in April.
    • masonic
    • By masonic 13th Sep 18, 7:22 PM
    • 10,116 Posts
    • 7,399 Thanks
    masonic
    I lodged a dispute with Experian over the outdated information (I balance transferred to a parachute credit card in July) so now I am seeing the same debt on both accounts. Today I got a notice that TSB has told Experian that TSB dispute my claim the balance has been cleared.

Time for another complaint.

Edit: Noddle now showing TSB CC updated on 30th June for me - other cards 31st August.
    Last edited by masonic; 13-09-2018 at 7:27 PM.
    • cjv
    • By cjv 15th Sep 18, 6:35 PM
    • 317 Posts
    • 155 Thanks
    cjv
    This was one of three complaints I have made to TSB since their problems started. I received no resolution so went to the FOS, they have informed me today that TSB will be paying £155.50 in compensation into my account within the next week.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 15th Sep 18, 6:44 PM
    • 19,576 Posts
    • 13,777 Thanks
    molerat
    Noddle showing updated at 31 July with correct monthly amounts going back, MSE/Experian likewise. Equifax via Clearscore and Cap1 Creditwise still showing the old data but due an update soon.
    Last edited by molerat; 15-09-2018 at 6:56 PM.
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • masonic
    • By masonic 15th Sep 18, 8:20 PM
    • 10,116 Posts
    • 7,399 Thanks
    masonic
    Noddle showing updated at 31 July with correct monthly amounts going back
    Originally posted by molerat
    Same for me, my "current" TSB credit card balance has now dropped from £5.5k to £1, which is where it should have been for the past 2 months. I need to wait another week to see if my Experian/Equifax data have updated.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

102Posts Today

2,085Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin