Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tlew12778
    • By tlew12778 28th Aug 18, 7:29 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 5Thanks
    tlew12778
    Claim Form (Seel St, Liverpool)
    • 28th Aug 18, 7:29 PM
    Claim Form (Seel St, Liverpool) 28th Aug 18 at 7:29 PM
    Hi there. We have received a Claim Form for a parking charge by Parking Eye. Pretty much analogous to the situation in the thread by katie33 but with different entry/exit times (I will try to post the link in a comment as I cannot post with links yet). We arrived at 16:46 and left at 20:50 according to the PCN. We paid the attendant 3. He instructed us to pay any difference owed upon return if after 6PM. My husband paid at the machine while I sorted the kids in the car so I am not sure what went on but he thinks he may have been short a pound and says he paid either "2 or 3". He is going on memory as we no longer have the receipts but we also never use this car park so this was a one-off. Anyway, the signage reads "1.50 for one hour or over 1 hour 3.00". We paid for over 1 hour to the attendant. I have read the newbies thread and have also registered with MCOL and filed the AOS. The deadline is 15/09/18 to have the defence filed. Would it be unreasonable to adapt the defence in the above thread to our situation? From a search on the forums it seems like this is not a unique situation with this particular car park. Thanks in advance.
Page 2
    • tlew12778
    • By tlew12778 11th Oct 18, 2:01 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    tlew12778
    Update: we called and were given a different (but similar) email to send it to (again). Sent it off and notwithstanding numerous calls and emails, it still has not shown up on MCOL. They’ve simpy said to send it again. Feel like they are having us on TBH and just waiting for the judgement to be overdue? Can they do that?
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 11th Oct 18, 2:18 PM
    • 3,921 Posts
    • 4,715 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    The court has no incentive to do that
    You are, of course, keeping a log of who you called, when, what was said, etc? You have proof the emails were sent by taking a screenshot of your sent messages folder?
    • tlew12778
    • By tlew12778 11th Oct 18, 5:36 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    tlew12778
    Yes we have all that. It’s just really nerve-wracking bc I feel like a bailiff is going to show up at my door :/ When the emails are sent the auto-reply is just a form email so it’s not very... I don’t know... convincing. Like I could have sent a blank email and gotten the same auto reply save for the fact that my outbox has an email going to that address at the same time.
    • tlew12778
    • By tlew12778 10th Nov 18, 12:22 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    tlew12778
    The latest update on this... we had to send the defence no less than 5 times. We were given at least 3 different email addresses. FINALLY one lady called us back (after being told by one of the agents that the judgement was going to expire the next day and it would hit OH's credit report and there was nothing they could do about it... he even suggested paying it and trying to get it reversed afterwards) to tell us that they had received it and it everything had been suspended until a judge took a look at the situation. She said it could take 8-12 weeks. We have just received written confirmation that the defence was registered and the judgement cancelled. So it is now up to Parking Eye to respond.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

567Posts Today

5,677Users online

Martin's Twitter