IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Claim Form (Seel St, Liverpool)

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Why didn't you follow the suggestion made in post #8?...
    6) Log into MCOL after a few days to see if the Claim is marked "defended". If not chase the CCBC until it is.

Ring the court and insist they correct their error.
  • KeithP
    The_Deep wrote: »
    I do not understand. Did you not attend court? From the end of August until today seems a very short time for a case to be decided in court.
    I guess it was a Default Judgment because the CCBC did not correctly record the fact that they had received a Defence.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    tlew12778 wrote: »
    Today I received a judgement.

I sent in the response to claim on 14/9 via email. I have the auto-confirm email from CCBC. I’ve logged onto moneyclaim and see there is no reference to having received it. So do I “apply to set aside?” based on having sent the response to claim within the required time frame? I have screenshots but have not uploaded the images anywhere so cannot insert them :/. Thanks.
    NO.

You do what the other 2 people did when this happened to them recently, and complain to the CCBC and get them to set aside their erroneous order at no cost to you.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Do you suggest emailing them (same email used to file the response to claim) or using resolver? I found this:
    Xxx.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-courts-and-tribunals-service/about/complaints-procedure
  • KeithP
    KeithP wrote: »
    Ring the court and insist they correct their error.

Is this another suggestion you are going to ignore?
  • No sorry! I was reading on my phone before and only saw coupon-mad’s comment.
  • As for logging onto MCOL, I mentioned above that I was having technical issues with the login. I was not able to resolve them even with MCOL’s assistance. Their suggestion at the time was to just do it all over email. I only managed to sort it out today by logging in on my phone.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I detest Resolver; it's useless for private parking cases, really clueless.

So why try another website instead of just copying what the other 2 posters did and simply phoning the CCBC to COMPLAIN and point out their error, tomorrow?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • That’s what we did. They said to just send the email with the attachment again? We will call back again on Tuesday or Wednesday to check that it’s been uploaded and check MCOL too. I’m now more concerned with the fact that nothing was mentioned about canceling the judgement bc I don’t want it to hit my husband’s credit rating.

I posted the link about resolver before I saw the two comments about calling.
  • Update: we called and were given a different (but similar) email to send it to (again). Sent it off and notwithstanding numerous calls and emails, it still has not shown up on MCOL. They’ve simpy said to send it again. Feel like they are having us on TBH and just waiting for the judgement to be overdue? Can they do that?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure