Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • calcotti
    • By calcotti 25th Aug 18, 4:05 PM
    • 411Posts
    • 246Thanks
    calcotti
    Benefits and Tax Credits forum Sticky
    • 25th Aug 18, 4:05 PM
    Benefits and Tax Credits forum Sticky 25th Aug 18 at 4:05 PM
    The second post in the work and Benefits forum is a sticky with useful links. Unfortunately it is now very old and many of the links are missing or incorrect. I suggest it may be time for the post to be unstickied and retired. Obviously if someone wants to update it that would be great (but I am not volunteering).
Page 1
    • venison
    • By venison 25th Aug 18, 8:08 PM
    • 2,341 Posts
    • 2,565 Thanks
    venison
    • 25th Aug 18, 8:08 PM
    • 25th Aug 18, 8:08 PM
    I was asked by a number of people when I was BG about updating that sticky and was getting down to work on it when MSE dispensed of my services. But I agree the sticky is way out of date and needs updating with regards especially to Universal Credit, calcotti it might be worth messaging one of the remaining BG's over there with your suggestion failing that MSE towers.
    • Sunny Intervals
    • By Sunny Intervals 15th Sep 18, 4:26 PM
    • 206 Posts
    • 651 Thanks
    Sunny Intervals
    • 15th Sep 18, 4:26 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 4:26 PM
    It may also be time to update the name of the forum, since tax credits are being phased out. Plus, tax credits are benefits, so it's redundant, and it seems to be confusing people looking for help with their taxes.
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 17th Sep 18, 11:21 AM
    • 9,178 Posts
    • 22,016 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    • 17th Sep 18, 11:21 AM
    • 17th Sep 18, 11:21 AM
    Thanks folks. Could you get in touch with a current board guide on that board about the sticky?

We'll take a look and make a decision on the board name internally in MSE Towers.

Thank you!
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 17th Sep 18, 1:42 PM
    • 9,178 Posts
    • 22,016 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    • 17th Sep 18, 1:42 PM
    • 17th Sep 18, 1:42 PM
    Our Editorial team is waiting to hear back from HMRC for a date tax credits will be fully closed to new sign-ups. We'll take another look at this when we have more information.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Sunny Intervals
    • By Sunny Intervals 17th Sep 18, 2:05 PM
    • 206 Posts
    • 651 Thanks
    Sunny Intervals
    • 17th Sep 18, 2:05 PM
    • 17th Sep 18, 2:05 PM
    Thanks, but even if tax credits were continuing, the name would still be redundant. It's like having a forum called "fruit and apples". Isn't that the sort of thing that's meant to make editors itch?

Or is the name designed to appeal to those who think that tax credits aren't really benefits, so they're not like those awful scrounging types on the other benefits?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/feb/12/anti-welfare-rhetoric-families
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

879Posts Today

7,888Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin