Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Sarah
    • By MSE Sarah 16th Aug 18, 5:32 PM
    • 161Posts
    • 77Thanks
    MSE Sarah
    0 WOW
    House of Fraser customers left in dark over online orders and gift cards
    • 16th Aug 18, 5:32 PM
    0 WOW
    House of Fraser customers left in dark over online orders and gift cards 16th Aug 18 at 5:32 PM
    House of Fraser customers have been left without any information on online orders and confused over what's happening with gift cards almost a week after the department store went into administration and was then bought by Sports Direct....

Read the full story:
    'House of Fraser customers left in dark over online orders and gift cards'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Grab the latest MSE Deals
    Follow the Deals Team on Twitter: @MSE_Deals
    Get Martin's Money Tips
    Join the MSE Forum
Page 2
    • Bellarubyroohoo
    • By Bellarubyroohoo 12th Sep 18, 11:12 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bellarubyroohoo
    Help please....
    I ordered £320 of goods from House of Fraser on the 17th July. All of the items were returned on the 8th August, and I have retained the proof of postage. I have obviously had my head in the clouds as only just noticed that my bank balance was looking very poor and the reason the money has not been returned yet is due to them going into administration!!! Oh my goodness, I really cant afford to lose this money! I paid through Paypal, does anyone know if there is a way to get my money back through Paypals buyer protection??
    • Wayland88
    • By Wayland88 14th Sep 18, 9:21 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Wayland88
    Gift voucher not signed for.
    Sent in £99 worth of vouchers by next day guaranteed ( cost £6.50) but looking at the tracking itís never been delivered . Iím pursuing this with the post office, it must be some where!
    • tigerbob85
    • By tigerbob85 14th Sep 18, 10:52 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    tigerbob85
    Looks like a lot of people will lose a lot of money if it is true HoF won't honour refunds anymore on orders placed and goods not even sent.

Like in my case, £200 worth of goods ordered online early August split £100 Amex (via PayPal) and £100 gift card.

I can't send my gift card in as it has nil balance and unless they refund it will continue to do so. I am having to raise the remainder via PayPal's insurance process.

Trued speaking directly with the company - no response. Raised via Resolver - no response.

Well done Mike Ashley and his cronies at Sports Direct, played the system well on this one - but given I will never shop at HoF again and presumably others will take the same stance after losing money, I questionm how this benefits them in the long run.
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 17th Sep 18, 7:40 AM
    • 12,556 Posts
    • 11,758 Thanks
    jenniewb
    Looks like a lot of people will lose a lot of money ............

Well done Mike Ashley and his cronies at Sports Direct, played the system well on this one - but given I will never shop at HoF again and presumably others will take the same stance after losing money, I questionm how this benefits them in the long run.
    Originally posted by tigerbob85

I'm also going to be avoiding the store, it's not a brand I ever will shop with again unless it's life or death. I will also be avoiding Sports Direct and anything to do with Mike Ashley. I know it's not much in the way of compensation, but I like to think Karma has a very interesting way of working things out sometimes. Especially to those who appear to accept no responsibility or have no apology for those they affect.
    • tigerbob85
    • By tigerbob85 24th Sep 18, 7:44 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    tigerbob85
    By way of update on my own situation, PayPal came good on the part of the order paid for with Amex (and stated that HoF didn't even respond to them). Still waiting on a response on the Gift Card. Will keep pushing, but tempted to just write it off and join the list of unsecured creditors.
    • Saversarah
    • By Saversarah 25th Sep 18, 7:49 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Saversarah
    Refund for cancelled house of Fraser order.......something positive
    Just received an email from HofF saying that they are processing my refund ( order placed 12th Aug) Hope itís true!!! Good luck to everyone else 🤞
    • wozwebs
    • By wozwebs 28th Sep 18, 10:29 AM
    • 166 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    wozwebs
    Has anyone who sent a gift card in received anything back as yet? Wife has a £50 card here she was given as a present but reluctant to post it off blindly.
    • xJonny
    • By xJonny 30th Sep 18, 9:56 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    xJonny
    Have £50 in gift vouchers which have the scratch off panel - I scratched off as I was about to use the code to order online the day they took the website offline. It states that the voucher is void when the scratch off panel is removed. Any point in sending off for a replacement or have i been caught with the worst timing?
    • sazz1006
    • By sazz1006 11th Oct 18, 4:35 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    sazz1006
    Just after writing the whole thing off, especially as Royal Mail tracking said the card had never been delivered, we’ve today had a letter from HOF saying my husbands card will be reissued as an e voucher to the full value. Hopefully others will hear something too
    • SMCG
    • By SMCG 11th Oct 18, 5:25 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    SMCG
    Hi. Really happy to hear this and hopefully everyone will get refunded. I closed my Recognition Mastercard as I just feel enough is enough. It's Frasers in name only and I won't be paying £5 delivery when Debenhams is free for cardholders. Really hoping others get some good news about their gift cards too.
    • molar
    • By molar 12th Oct 18, 9:22 PM
    • 182 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    molar
    Just after writing the whole thing off, especially as Royal Mail tracking said the card had never been delivered, weíve today had a letter from HOF saying my husbands card will be reissued as an e voucher to the full value. Hopefully others will hear something too
    Originally posted by sazz1006
    I've just received the same letter too.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,185Posts Today

8,608Users online

Martin's Twitter