Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hel3013
    • By Hel3013 14th Aug 18, 3:31 PM
    • 26Posts
    • 13Thanks
    Hel3013
    Lbc template letter needed!!
    • 14th Aug 18, 3:31 PM
    Lbc template letter needed!! 14th Aug 18 at 3:31 PM
    Hi Iím very new to forums on here and all the rules etc so if Iíve offended anybody I apologise! I think this is me starting my own thread! Iíve spent hours scrolling looking for answers and although Iíve been pointed in the right direction Iím still lost! Iím not stupid just donít get it!!
    I have disputed a pcn by hx parking as I had a valid ticket purchased within the time frames and left half hour before ticket expired. Not sure what happen when purchasing but the machine printed only three letters all the same as my reg. I advised this in my dispute as normally I wouldnít even respond but I still have the ticket. Hx response. wording of the appeal states in short we have considered and reviewed in conjunction with the evidence we have gathered. Our records show that pcn was correctly issued. Extended discount period by 14 days.
    As you stated in your appeal you entered the registration *** as this is not the full or correct registration of your vehicle it is not considered valid payment. The car park uses APNR cameras so no warden would have seen my note and I should have telephoned should you have a problem. (I can go back and check these signs but there wasnt a telephone number to ring customer services on the first letter I received)!!
    Our appeals process is now closed then the usual legal speel after that.
    Gladestones letter before claim letter has arrived giving me 30 days from 2/8 before court action? Do I speak to Gladestones they have tried to ring my landline number or write, Iím presuming writing is best just need a template to get wording right. Can anyone post a link to the template I need would be very much appreciated!
    Thank you in advance!!
Page 3
    • Parkingfines
    • By Parkingfines 8th Jan 19, 7:08 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 207 Thanks
    Parkingfines
    Not just on here. Doing web browsing on mobile phones means that you don't get to see the full extent of the website, just a cut down mobile version with limited functionality.

Laptops are ridiculously cheap these days, as are printers which can scan documents. Everybody should have one.
    Originally posted by bargepole
    Although Off Topic in the average family home web browsing is probably carried out mainly on tablets and phones these days and not laptops
    • bargepole
    • By bargepole 8th Jan 19, 8:33 PM
    • 2,556 Posts
    • 7,342 Thanks
    bargepole
    Although Off Topic in the average family home web browsing is probably carried out mainly on tablets and phones these days and not laptops
    Originally posted by Parkingfines
    Which is why we such a daily deluge of utter bilgewater posted on here.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 36, lost 11), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and am a Graduate member of CILEx, studying towards a Fellowship (equivalent to solicitor) in Civil Litigation. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Jan 19, 8:43 PM
    • 22,587 Posts
    • 35,551 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Which is why we such a daily deluge of utter bilgewater posted on here.
    Originally posted by bargepole
    And all part of the expectation - tap a couple of buttons, chuck in the odd emoji, and hey presto, some unknown random, with nothing better to do, gets them off their parking charge.

Just a pity they had to interrupt their game of Candy Crush on the iPhone so that someone could save them £100! But mercifully they were still able to do it lying on the sofa while eating their Pot Noodle.

Life as it should be!
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Hel3013
    • By Hel3013 12th Jan 19, 3:12 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    Hel3013
    With respect I was far from lying on the sofa eating a pot noodle I work long hours as a professional in my field I am a single mum with 2 children under 5 and i do own a laptop but itís broken and at the moment havent the means or time to get it repaired. This isnít a oh feel sorry for me, statement as This is far from my intention. I maybe light years away from ever being a Legal Eagal. I do however take umbrage from the assumption made that Iíve just laid in waiting for help when this is far from the reality.

Again I thank this site and members massively to Bargepole, KeithP, RedX and Coupon Mad for all advice and help as I was very close to giving up and have taken it on the chin and gone with the roll of critism of what I duly deserve and also used the constructive criticism in the way it was intended. I beg to differ that I laid on my sofa eating a pot noodle as such a thing I wouldnít eat or play candy crush for that matter!!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 19, 8:55 PM
    • 68,730 Posts
    • 80,963 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Nor me (pot noodles or candy crush!).

Minesweeper & Anagram Magic are another matter!

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Hel3013
    • By Hel3013 14th Jan 19, 9:55 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    Hel3013
    Emoji face!! ����
    I have received my acknowledgment of Defence letter from the courts so the balls in their court now!
    I’ll update with any progress, again Thank you
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Jan 19, 9:58 PM
    • 13,708 Posts
    • 14,999 Thanks
    KeithP
    Keep in mind points 7 & 8 from the list in post #16.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Jan 19, 10:20 PM
    • 22,587 Posts
    • 35,551 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    With respect I was far from lying on the sofa eating a pot noodle I work long hours as a professional in my field I am a single mum with 2 children under 5 and i do own a laptop but it’s broken and at the moment havent the means or time to get it repaired. This isn’t a oh feel sorry for me, statement as This is far from my intention. I maybe light years away from ever being a Legal Eagal. I do however take umbrage from the assumption made that I’ve just laid in waiting for help when this is far from the reality.

Again I thank this site and members massively to Bargepole, KeithP, RedX and Coupon Mad for all advice and help as I was very close to giving up and have taken it on the chin and gone with the roll of critism of what I duly deserve and also used the constructive criticism in the way it was intended. I beg to differ that I laid on my sofa eating a pot noodle as such a thing I wouldn’t eat or play candy crush for that matter!!
    Originally posted by Hel3013
    Oops - it was never directed at you, it was much more a general observation (in response to Bargepole's quite similar generalisation) about how so many new posters seem to have an expectation that the small handful of regulars on this forum are lining up, desperate to do everything for them to get them out of the mess that a large majority have caused for themselves.

By example, since the beginning of December (just 6 weeks ago), we have dealt with almost 1,400 different threads (some very complicated/contentious) and provided copious amounts of advice to posters, many of whom fall into the category I have previously mentioned.

On the forum (as in life) I speak my mind - but genuinely pull my weight and put in a full shift, often from the other side of the world where I'm not bound by endless winter nights to find distraction for myself.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 14-01-2019 at 10:46 PM.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    • Hel3013
    • By Hel3013 23rd Jan 19, 1:47 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    Hel3013
    Thank you
    Iíve received the email from gladestones today just as you said I would with their paperwork for court all completed.

Iím just going to ignore this as you advised!!

It states they will not be offering mediation and that they intend to ask the court to deal with this via paper evidence rather than attend Court!

Iím assuming I get a say in this when my papers arrive?

As after all the hassle they can do the 3+ hour journey or pay for local firm to represent them.

Iím also assuming that due to the very similar case being heard last week locally same situ, same carpark etc.
    The Local CC Judge found in favour of defendant? Front page news of local paper!!
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 23rd Jan 19, 1:51 PM
    • 4,381 Posts
    • 3,525 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    When you get your DQ, you get to say No to mediation, No to being heard on papers and of course, you select your own local court. If you have any doubts about how to fill in the DQ (nothing leads me to suppose you do) there is a guide within post # 2 of the NEWBIE sticky.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 23rd Jan 19, 2:57 PM
    • 5,007 Posts
    • 6,118 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    You could just download your own copy of the N180, fill and send to claimant and to court, as it directs you to do.
    If you wait and wait, you havea chance that it was lost in the post and you lose. No ifs or buts, you lose
    • Hel3013
    • By Hel3013 5th Feb 19, 10:18 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    Hel3013
    Hi im wondering if you could share your expertise with me again! I have received the official court papers have arrived cbcc

The Claimaint has asked for the court to deal with the case via paper and the notice is of proposed allocation to the small claims track. (no doubt due to recent lost case in my local CC)

The forms asks me to complete box C1 if I think this is not appropriate and explain why!

Is there any advice what to put or not to put as the case may be?

I’m assuming this is my best cause of action to have this dealt with in person at my local CC

Also once this form is completed am I correct in thinking I need to send a copy of the form to the Claimant can i do this via email?

Thanks in advance
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 5th Feb 19, 10:31 AM
    • 22,587 Posts
    • 35,551 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    How to deal with the papers is covered step by step in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2, which really must become your Bible now as the court process rolls out. There are prescribed essential steps and deadlines you will need to take/meet, so being prepared in advance for these will put you on the front foot.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 5th Feb 19, 10:31 AM
    • 5,007 Posts
    • 6,118 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    This is the standard "trick" used by Gladstones
    A five minute search will tell you exactly what you need to do
    Hint youre still filling out the N180. NOT their N159.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 5th Feb 19, 1:31 PM
    • 13,708 Posts
    • 14,999 Thanks
    KeithP
    Hi im wondering if you could share your expertise with me again! I have received the official court papers have arrived cbcc

The Claimaint has asked for the court to deal with the case via paper and the notice is of proposed allocation to the small claims track. (no doubt due to recent lost case in my local CC)

The forms asks me to complete box C1 if I think this is not appropriate and explain why!

Is there any advice what to put or not to put as the case may be?

I’m assuming this is my best cause of action to have this dealt with in person at my local CC

Also once this form is completed am I correct in thinking I need to send a copy of the form to the Claimant can i do this via email?

Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by Hel3013
    No need to assume anything.

You have already had the guidance you are asking for.

Can I ask that you read again item 8 on the list in post #16 above?

For simplicity, here it is again:
    Wait for your DQ from the CCBC, or download one from the internet, and then re-read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to find out exactly what to do with it.
    Return your completed DQ to the CCBC using the same email address you used for your Defence.

Send a copy to the Claimant - address on your Claim Form.
    Last edited by KeithP; 05-02-2019 at 1:34 PM.
    • Hel3013
    • By Hel3013 7th Mar 19, 8:18 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    Hel3013
    Hi I’m looking for some final advice. With everybody’s help on here I’m near to the finish line fingers crossed!

I have received my NOA to small claims track hearing today with a date set in my local court.

There are guidance notes and directions enclosed which I can follow.

When preparing my papers for court is there any advice with Dos or definatly Do Nots

The advice notes, say to prepare questions to ask claimants which I could do with some real help with

Also about claim for expenses.
    The obvious stuff I’ve kept receipts for and I can get loss of earnings from my employer for court date but Is it possible to claim for time spent at home researching all this?

Also there’s a free legal representation I can apply for,
    if I apply 3 weeks in advance.
    Is this worth doing or should I just go it alone?

Thanks in advance
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 7th Mar 19, 8:33 PM
    • 13,708 Posts
    • 14,999 Thanks
    KeithP
    Have another read of Umkomaas' post above - post #53.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,464Posts Today

5,846Users online

Martin's Twitter