Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • swiftez
    • By swiftez 12th Aug 18, 6:48 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    swiftez
    Leaving SSE
    • 12th Aug 18, 6:48 PM
    Leaving SSE 12th Aug 18 at 6:48 PM
    I'm with SSE (dual fuel) on their standard tariff and planning to switch to a different supplier as they have better rates but was wondering do I need to give my 30 days leave notice and will there be any exit fees?
Page 1
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 12th Aug 18, 7:05 PM
    • 3,175 Posts
    • 2,093 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 12th Aug 18, 7:05 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 7:05 PM
    You will be able to switch without penalty.

In assessing the benefits make sure you use actual consumption figures in kwh's not 's.

The general thoughts these days that dual fuel is not the best of options. Use seperate gas and electric comparisons
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    • swiftez
    • By swiftez 12th Aug 18, 7:29 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    swiftez
    • 12th Aug 18, 7:29 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 7:29 PM
    You will be able to switch without penalty.

In assessing the benefits make sure you use actual consumption figures in kwh's not 's.

The general thoughts these days that dual fuel is not the best of options. Use seperate gas and electric comparisons
    Originally posted by Robin9
    Thank you for your reply, I have the letter from SSE with my annual kWh usage so I will use that when comparing the rates.

Also, do I need to ring up and give my 30 days leave notice or can I go to the new supplier and they do the switchover?
    • molerat
    • By molerat 12th Aug 18, 7:37 PM
    • 19,459 Posts
    • 13,663 Thanks
    molerat
    • 12th Aug 18, 7:37 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 7:37 PM
    There is no 30 day notice period with domestic gas / electricity contracts, you simply pick your new supplier and instigate the switch. You do not (need to) inform or involve your old supplier in any of this.
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 12th Aug 18, 7:45 PM
    • 3,175 Posts
    • 2,093 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 12th Aug 18, 7:45 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 7:45 PM
    Thank you for your reply, I have the letter from SSE with my annual kWh usage so I will use that when comparing the rates.

Also, do I need to ring up and give my 30 days leave notice or can I go to the new supplier and they do the switchover?
    Originally posted by swiftez
    Simply contact your new supplier - they will do everything. They will advise you of changeover dates and request meter readings. SSE will raise a final bill.

I started a switch on 25th June that was completed on 9th July and my credit from the old supplier received 26th July.

Note your new supplier will take its first DD at the beginning of the process so in the first month you will pay both your exisitng and new suppliers.

Do not contact SSE that will only confuse.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

185Posts Today

1,330Users online

Martin's Twitter