Daily mail holiday - combining two in same caravan

Booked a 4 night and a weekend to give us the full week at the same site, at a cost of about £100. Phoned Parkdean to ask if we could stay in the same caravan, pointing out it would save them the hassle of a cleaner going in to get it ready for the next person and the answer was "certainly, if you pay another £200." :eek:

It's not a big deal to shift caravan, but just seems daft that they want so much extra money and wondered if anyone else had had success without being charged extra?
All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.

Comments

• Not with Park dean but I've done what you did with haven and didn't get charged a penny. Didn't even charge us for new towels.
  • msa1204
    msa1204 Posts: 10
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I’ve had this happen , with me at Park Dean as well. Just wait till the week before go and phone the park direct and there more than happy to get you in the same caravan
  • essex_boy
    essex_boy Posts: 2,213
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Not with a daily Mail holiday but the Sun at Butlins Bognor
    Asked to stay in the same chalet, only to be told it can't be guaranteed
    So end of first break packed up and sent suitcases to the Red Arena where suitcases are kept safe
    Went back as soon as we could book in for the following Monday to Friday only to be given the same Chalet
    On the plus side it had been cleaned lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport