Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Barrettboy94
    • By Barrettboy94 12th Aug 18, 6:06 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Barrettboy94
    UKPC SCS Letter
    • 12th Aug 18, 6:06 PM
    UKPC SCS Letter 12th Aug 18 at 6:06 PM
    Hi
    I have been ignoring ukpc letters for months as advice I have had in the past that you do not need to pay them after now doing research I should of appealed them due to poor signage, I have received 10 parking fines to the amount of 160 each so total of 1600. I have now received a letter from SCS stating I have 30 days to respond or court proceedings will start, I will post pictures of letter I have received and the poor signage also the place I parked. I have visited multiple threads on here and is a lot of jargon to me just need someone to break it down for me on what action I should take.
    httxps://ibb.co/hNaP89
    httxps://ibb.co/gvAD1U
    httxps://ibb.co/gTMxT9
    httxps://ibb.co/jUzvFp
    httxps://ibb.co/c2DNvp
    httxps://ibb.co/kPXFFp
    Thankyou
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Aug 18, 6:10 PM
    • 8,796 Posts
    • 11,678 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 12th Aug 18, 6:10 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 6:10 PM
    https://ibb.co/hNaP89
    https://ibb.co/gvAD1U
    https://ibb.co/gTMxT9
    https://ibb.co/jUzvFp
    https://ibb.co/c2DNvp
    https://ibb.co/kPXFFp

SCS are trying to extort money from you .....

The parking can be no more than 100 so they have added
    a fake 60 to each ticket

In your reply, you must ask for a breakdown of the 160
    and then please post their reply on here

It's simple, the courts will not allow these extortion add-ons
    Last edited by beamerguy; 12-08-2018 at 6:17 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Aug 18, 6:11 PM
    • 37,490 Posts
    • 21,706 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Aug 18, 6:11 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 6:11 PM
    I have visited multiple threads on here and is a lot of jargon to me just need someone to break it down for me on what action I should take.....
    Originally posted by Barrettboy94

There is only one thread for you to be concentrating on

The newbies faq thread near the top of the forum

The whole thread will explain the game you are now caught up in, and #2 there gives comprehensive advice on dealing with court claims right through from the lbcca which you look to have received to the hearing
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Aug 18, 6:20 PM
    • 10,238 Posts
    • 10,131 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 12th Aug 18, 6:20 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 6:20 PM
    As Quentin says, all the information you need is here, but this is not an easy subject to grasp, and you will need to put in the hours.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Barrettboy94
    • By Barrettboy94 12th Aug 18, 6:35 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Barrettboy94
    • 12th Aug 18, 6:35 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 6:35 PM
    Thanks everyone have looked through threads for hours but not sure if I have a leg to stand on with my specific case as I was not in a bay but signage was poor, debating wether to appeal or just pay the 1000 is really stressing me out need someone to speak to, have seen a template letter to send to them from daniel san on one the threads, feel really out of my depth
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Aug 18, 6:41 PM
    • 8,796 Posts
    • 11,678 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 12th Aug 18, 6:41 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 6:41 PM
    Thanks everyone have looked through threads for hours but not sure if I have a leg to stand on with my specific case as I was not in a bay but signage was poor, debating wether to appeal or just pay the 1000 is really stressing me out need someone to speak to, have seen a template letter to send to them from daniel san on one the threads, feel really out of my depth
    Look, why pay a scammer, SCS are trying to scam you
    with their fake add-ons,

Go and take more pictures of the signs in perspective of you
    driving in, the one little sign that you posted does not help

Show us just where you parked and bay lines
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Aug 18, 7:36 PM
    • 10,238 Posts
    • 10,131 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 12th Aug 18, 7:36 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 7:36 PM
    Stand on that leg which thinks signage is not up to snuff. The signs are the contract, they have to be clear and precise, and conform to the CoP.

This an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the House of Commons recently

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Barrettboy94
    • By Barrettboy94 14th Aug 18, 3:16 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Barrettboy94
    • 14th Aug 18, 3:16 PM
    • 14th Aug 18, 3:16 PM
    Can someone have a look and tell me if this is a suitable reply for the LBC letter they sent me containing no photos without any evidence of my parkingS so I should make a note after i've sent this letter and they should send me another letter with photos of my car and the evidence of my parking?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

SCS LAW

Level 34

25 Canada Square

Canary Wharf

London

E14 5LQ

13th August 2018

Your Ref:

Dear Sirs,

I am in receipt of your Letter Before Claim of 27th July 2018.
    Your letter contains insufficient detail of the claim and fails to provide copies of evidence your client places reliance upon.

Your client must know that on 01 October 2017 a new protocol is applicable to debt claims. Since proceedings have not yet been issued, the new protocol clearly applies and must be complied with.

Your letter lacks specificity and breaches both the requirements of the previously applicable Practice Direction - Pre-Action Conduct (paragraphs 6(a) and 6(c)) and the new Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims (paragraphs 3.1(a)-(d), 5.1 and 5.2. Please treat this letter as a formal request for all of the documents / information that the protocol now requires your client to provide. Your client must not issue proceedings without complying with that protocol. I reserve the right to draw any failure of the Claimant to comply with the protocol to the attention of the court and to ask the court to stay the claim and order your client to comply with its pre-action obligations, and when costs come to be considered.

As solicitors you must surely be familiar with the requirements of both the Practice Direction applicable pre-1 October and the Protocol which applies thereafter (and your client, as a serial litigator of small claims, should likewise be aware of them). As you (and your client) must know, the Practice Direction and Protocol bind all potential litigants, whatever the size or type of the claim. Its express purpose is to assist parties in understanding the claim and their respective positions in relation to it, to enable parties to take stock of their positions and to negotiate a settlement, or at least narrow the issues, without incurring the costs of court proceedings or using up valuable court time. It is astounding that a firm of Solicitors are sending a consumer a vague and unevidenced 'Letter before Claim' in complete ignorance of the pre-existing Practice Direction and the new Protocol.

Nobody, including your client, is immune from the requirements and obligations of the Practice Direction and now the Protocol.

I require your client to comply with its obligations by sending me the following information/documents:

1. an explanation of the cause of action
    2. whether they are pursuing me as driver or keeper
    3. whether they are relying on the provisions of Schedule 4 of POFA 2012
    4. what the details of the claim are; where it is claimed the vehicle was parked, for how long, how the monies being claimed arose and have been calculated
    5. Is the claim for a contractual breach? If so, what is the date of the agreement? The names of the parties to it and provide to me a copy of that contract.
    6. Is the claim for trespass? If so, provide details.
    7. Provide me a copy of the contract with the landowner under which they assert authority to bring the claim, as required by the IPC code of practice section B, clause 1.1 !!!8220;establishing yourself as the creditor!!!8221;
    8. a plan showing where any signs were displayed
    9. details of the signs displayed (size of sign, size of font, height at which displayed)
    10. Provide details of the original charge, and detail any interest and administrative or other charges added
    11. Provide a copy of the Information Sheet and the Reply Form

If your client does not provide me with this information then I put you on notice that I will be relying on the cases of Webb Resolutions Ltd v Waller Needham & Green [2012] EWHC 3529 (Ch), Daejan Investments Limited v The Park West Club Limited (Part 20) !!!8211; Buxton Associates [2003] EWHC 2872, Charles Church Developments Ltd v Stent Foundations Limited & Peter Dann Limited [2007] EWHC 855 in asking the court to impose sanctions on your client and to order a stay of the proceedings, pursuant to paragraphs 13 ,15(b) and (c) and 16 of the Practice Direction, as referred to in paragraph 7.2 of the Protocol.

Until your client has complied with its obligations and provided this information, I am unable to respond properly to the alleged claim and to consider my position in relation to it, and it is entirely premature (and a waste of costs and court time) for your client to issue proceedings. Should your client do so, then I will seek an immediate stay pursuant to paragraph 15(b) of the Practice Direction and an order that this information is provided.

Yours faithfully
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Aug 18, 4:19 PM
    • 9,762 Posts
    • 10,119 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 14th Aug 18, 4:19 PM
    • 14th Aug 18, 4:19 PM
    But you have already shown us the Reply Form.
    Why are you asking for it again?

Check the rest of that list to make sure you are not asking for anything else they have already sent.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Aug 18, 4:21 PM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,658 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Why do people always want a template?

Write your own response. That one is NOT RIGHT.
    • Barrettboy94
    • By Barrettboy94 15th Aug 18, 3:47 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Barrettboy94
    What about it is wrong coupon mad? I know the reply form is there anything else, I have used a template because I am new to this stuff and don't have time to research it for hours just looking for some help
    • B789
    • By B789 15th Aug 18, 5:01 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    B789
    ...I am new to this stuff and don't have time to research it for hours just looking for some help
    As are 99% of all other users of this forum. Are you honestly expecting someone else to do the all the legwork for you? You expect someone else to give up their time doing the research that is conveniently provided in the Newbies thread and all the other threads which are searchable.

It can be confusing, at first. However, persevere and digest it all and you will, after some of YOUR OWN TIME, see that it is fairly straight forward, as long as you apply a teeny bit of intelligence to the mountain of free information and advice available here.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Aug 18, 12:32 AM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,658 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    What about it is wrong coupon mad? I know the reply form is there anything else, I have used a template because I am new to this stuff and don't have time to research it for hours just looking for some help
    It's old, talks about 2017 rules, and it's long and not specific to a case.

Read other threads, you will have to spend time on it when the claim arrives so you may as well get used to putting the work in. We will always help a trier.

What did you find when you searched the obvious keywords:

Dear SCS Letter Claim

or maybe

SCS yours faithfully

...which clearly is likely to find a suitable letter already written...?
    • Barrettboy94
    • By Barrettboy94 16th Aug 18, 8:58 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Barrettboy94
    Yeah I have searched these key words but nothing comes up, will try come up with my own one later and post in here thanks
    • Barrettboy94
    • By Barrettboy94 16th Aug 18, 9:00 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Barrettboy94
    Also do I need to use the reply form as well as sending the letter or will the letter be sufficient haven't seen a answer for this
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 16th Aug 18, 9:15 AM
    • 37,490 Posts
    • 21,706 Thanks
    Quentin
    Don't complete their forms
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 16th Aug 18, 10:25 AM
    • 9,762 Posts
    • 10,119 Thanks
    KeithP
    Yeah I have searched these key words but nothing comes up, will try come up with my own one later and post in here thanks
    You're kidding??

The first search argument returns thirty-seven posts, and the second returns thirty-five.

Also do I need to use the reply form as well as sending the letter or will the letter be sufficient haven't seen a answer for this
    No need to use any of the forms.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Aug 18, 12:17 AM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,658 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You're kidding??

The first search argument returns thirty-seven posts, and the second returns thirty-five.
    And for me too. I really wish posters would try to use the search function properly rather than say 'I found nothing' and gloss over the advice that WOULD have found them DOZENS of example letters to SCS.

Another OP who isn't searching properly by doing an advanced search of THIS forum only, and changing the default to 'show results as posts'.

And thus is missing out on all the info right here and available within a split second.

I didn't post those keywords in bold for fun, or make them up, Barrettboy94. We KNOW that searches like those simple 2/3 word ones will get specific results.

Can't do the search for you. Please use the forum search properly.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 17-08-2018 at 12:24 AM.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 18th Aug 18, 6:15 AM
    • 3,627 Posts
    • 5,965 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    Go back to SCS and do a simple request for

1. pics of each event and the paperwork associated with each event

2. pics of the signs and the signs location for each event e.g. site plan

3. the contact and terms that were in place for each event and the legitimate interest they are claiming for each event. Beavis only allows 100 if there is a legitimate interest

4. proof of any additional costs they claim were incurred over and above the amount on the signs and the legitimate interest those serve.

When you have those come back
    If you want to win - avoid losing first. Here are a few examples
    1. Failing to Acknowledge or Defend https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5760415
    2. Template defences that say nothing https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5818671&page=5#86
    3. Forgetting about the Witness Statement
    • Barrettboy94
    • By Barrettboy94 10th Oct 18, 3:32 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Barrettboy94
    Hello people back again had a reply finally on 30 days of responding to the LBC they have sent me all the pictures of my car on 10 different occasions and only one actual parking ticket was issued all others were just photographs of my car probably taken by security on the estate, and only one picture actually had a ticket issued on my windscreen, I have searched key words like 'ticket not issued' and stuff similar but can not find anything, can I be charged just from photos if no ticket has been issued by a UKPC warden at the time, and also is there any specific criteria that a parking sign has to be or just visible because the one nearest to where I parked was about 7 foot in the air.

Appreciate any help thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,079Posts Today

9,297Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • How much of your income do you spend on holidays each year? Please vote in this week's MSE site poll... https://t.co/LZ3YIGra1p

• RT @FinanceJames: @MartinSLewis Absolutely do. I've been shouldered out of the way by cyclists - while on a bike myself - because I'd stopp?

• I no longer have a car. I mostly walk (& occasionally cycle). I don't need lecturing on bad drivers, I lost my moth? https://t.co/tsBYUEhRjt

• Follow Martin