Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • b94williams
    • By b94williams 12th Aug 18, 4:00 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    b94williams
    Help! Wrong bank information for QuickQuid
    • 12th Aug 18, 4:00 PM
    Help! Wrong bank information for QuickQuid 12th Aug 18 at 4:00 PM
    So I've used QuickQuid before and had no problems, however I've applied for a loan about 2 hours ago and I was getting worried when I noticed the loan had been accepted but I had not received the money. So I checked the bank information they have for me and the sort code is one digit wrong! I don't understand how because I know I have not changed it and I've received funds off them before so I have no idea what is going on. I rang them up and after waiting a lengthy amount of time someone answered. They weren't much help, they just confirmed the sort code they had on record was wrong and that I would have to wait two working days for the funds to be sent back to them and then I would be able to apply again with a different sort code, I'm not feeling very reassured by this. My question is what if there is a slim chance the sort code matches with someones actual bank account and can I honestly rely on QuickQuid to sort this out? I don't want to repay a loan I haven't had.. I'm just completely panicked.

Sorry for the long post! Has this happened to anyone else?
Page 1
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 12th Aug 18, 4:16 PM
    • 5,460 Posts
    • 32,376 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • 12th Aug 18, 4:16 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 4:16 PM
    So I've used QuickQuid before and had no problems, however I've applied for a loan about 2 hours ago and I was getting worried when I noticed the loan had been accepted but I had not received the money. So I checked the bank information they have for me and the sort code is one digit wrong! I don't understand how because I know I have not changed it and I've received funds off them before so I have no idea what is going on. I rang them up and after waiting a lengthy amount of time someone answered. They weren't much help, they just confirmed the sort code they had on record was wrong and that I would have to wait two working days for the funds to be sent back to them and then I would be able to apply again with a different sort code, I'm not feeling very reassured by this. My question is what if there is a slim chance the sort code matches with someones actual bank account and can I honestly rely on QuickQuid to sort this out? I don't want to repay a loan I haven't had.. I'm just completely panicked.

Sorry for the long post! Has this happened to anyone else?
    Originally posted by b94williams
    In a word no! Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise and the two day wait will prevent you from overspending?
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 12th Aug 18, 4:17 PM
    • 1,617 Posts
    • 1,227 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    • 12th Aug 18, 4:17 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 4:17 PM
    ...My question is what if there is a slim chance the sort code matches with someones actual bank account and can I honestly rely on QuickQuid to sort this out? I don't want to repay a loan I haven't had.. I'm just completely panicked...
    Oh hell, that is not good. QuickQuid should be able to get the money back. If it has gone into an account of an unknown person, then I believe they will not be able to keep the money as it will be theft under the Theft Act 1968. Try not to worry too much. The money should be traceable, relatively easy to locate and to return.

Why are you going to QuickQuid for money? Their interest rate is something like 1291% APR. Do you need help with your budgeting?

Edit: Darn it, I was too slow...

Edit #2: And welcome to the forum b94williams
    Last edited by Willing2Learn; 12-08-2018 at 4:21 PM.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 12th Aug 18, 4:22 PM
    • 32,769 Posts
    • 20,639 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 12th Aug 18, 4:22 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 4:22 PM
    Sorting out the issue why your in the situation will outweigh having to go QQ and paying an extortionate apr.
    • Debtnomoreplease
    • By Debtnomoreplease 12th Aug 18, 5:55 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 360 Thanks
    Debtnomoreplease
    • 12th Aug 18, 5:55 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 5:55 PM
    Hello, sorry you're in this situation, but I honesty would see this as a wake up call. I have used QQ in the past (too many times if I'm honest) but it is not a cycle I will ever get in again!
    You said you've used them before, so this clearly isn't a one off. I really would be looking at why you are using someone who charge ridiculous APR and clearly don't care about you as a customer or you wouldn't be on here after speaking to them because if they did care, you would of been reassured etc.

Don't pay them your hard earned cash! Cut back and budget so you don't need to use them.

Hope you get it sorted, but I'd seriously think about applying again in 2days!!
    • b94williams
    • By b94williams 15th Aug 18, 4:29 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    b94williams
    • 15th Aug 18, 4:29 PM
    Update
    • 15th Aug 18, 4:29 PM
    I emailed their customer services with proof I had not received the loan and they cancelled the loan thankfully, so all is sorted. I've taken the advice on here and decided to not use them again. Thank you for the replies!
    • foxy-stoat
    • By foxy-stoat 15th Aug 18, 4:32 PM
    • 2,835 Posts
    • 1,599 Thanks
    foxy-stoat
    • 15th Aug 18, 4:32 PM
    • 15th Aug 18, 4:32 PM
    I emailed their customer services with proof I had not received the loan and they cancelled the loan thankfully, so all is sorted. I've taken the advice on here and decided to not use them again. Thank you for the replies!
    Money saving at its best !

Well done.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,772Posts Today

8,599Users online

Martin's Twitter