Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • aimee0763
    • By aimee0763 12th Aug 18, 3:29 PM
    • 168Posts
    • 56Thanks
    aimee0763
    ESA f2f assessment cancelled by Maximus confused
    • 12th Aug 18, 3:29 PM
    ESA f2f assessment cancelled by Maximus confused 12th Aug 18 at 3:29 PM
    Hello All,

I've already started a thread with regards to claiming esa. Filled in the esa50 form asked for a home f2f assessment, send doctor's letter of evidence. Maximus lied several appointments was cancelled by them they've even lied why the appointments was cancelled blamed broken recording machine but the re-scheduled letter never mentioned why the appointments was cancelled. Got more stressed because of them I made a complaint direct to the main company Maximus and not CHAD whatever they are at Wembley stating they way I was being victimised, disadvantaged, discriminated under the Equality Right Act etc as well as the Fraud Act 2006 and that I have recording of all the telephone conversations with them.

True to their word they cancelled the last appointment if they did not make a decision about my complaints, they've reached a decisions blamed the DWP and sent esa50 form back to the DWP, received a letter telling me the ESA assessment has been cancelled altogether for me to ring the DWP which I do not intend to I'm still recovering from all the bad treatments I got with their harassed letters and phone calls. I'm on Income Support so my money is still going in my bank been for few weeks now. I have not heard anything from the DWP as yet.

I'm also now on phone appointment with my gp, on phone appointment with psychiatrist.

My question has anyone had their esa f2f cancelled and files send back to the DWP and what outcome did they receive?

Thanks
Page 1
    • venison
    • By venison 12th Aug 18, 4:39 PM
    • 2,435 Posts
    • 2,725 Thanks
    venison
    • 12th Aug 18, 4:39 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 4:39 PM
    I'm not sure why you aren't doing as they requested by phoning the DWP? It could be that they might make a decision without a F2F.
    My advice; phone them tomorrow
    Former Board Guide
    • calcotti
    • By calcotti 12th Aug 18, 4:50 PM
    • 664 Posts
    • 430 Thanks
    calcotti
    • 12th Aug 18, 4:50 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 4:50 PM
    Originally posted by venison
    I agree. If you don't you risk being found fit for work by default and your IS could stop anyway.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 12th Aug 18, 5:05 PM
    • 3,613 Posts
    • 3,464 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 12th Aug 18, 5:05 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 5:05 PM
    your IS could stop anyway.
    Originally posted by calcotti

Why would the OP's Income Support stop? ESA and IS are totally different. They either claim IS because they are a carer or they have a child under 5.
    • calcotti
    • By calcotti 12th Aug 18, 5:12 PM
    • 664 Posts
    • 430 Thanks
    calcotti
    • 12th Aug 18, 5:12 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 5:12 PM
    Why would the OP's Income Support stop? ESA and IS are totally different. They either claim IS because they are a carer or they have a child under 5.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    Quite right, it will depend on the reason the OP is getting IS. One reason for claiming IS is because someone in a couple is getting SSP and can claim IS top up. In this case when the SSP ends they are usually directed to ESA and when the ESA decision is made the IS will stop.
    • aimee0763
    • By aimee0763 13th Aug 18, 1:07 AM
    • 168 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    aimee0763
    • 13th Aug 18, 1:07 AM
    • 13th Aug 18, 1:07 AM
    I'm not sure why you aren't doing as they requested by phoning the DWP? It could be that they might make a decision without a F2F.
    Originally posted by venison

The cancellation letter did not request that I ring the DWP it's merely four lines down saying IF I want to find out to ring the dwp and I don't I shall wait.

I haven't been well of late and couldn't take the stress of picking up the phone surely it is up to the DWP to let me know the outcome at the end of the day I was not the one who cancelled my esa assessment what ever decision Maximus and dwp made they must let me know by law.
    • aimee0763
    • By aimee0763 13th Aug 18, 1:13 AM
    • 168 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    aimee0763
    • 13th Aug 18, 1:13 AM
    • 13th Aug 18, 1:13 AM
    I agree. If you don't you risk being found fit for work by default and your IS could stop anyway.

The cancellation letter did not suggest I ring the dwp it said IF I want I can find out why the esa assessment has been cancelled I can ring the DWP.

I don't think that would happen Income Support is a mean tested benefit with no f2f assessment requirement. Maximus made the decision to cancel my esa assessment through my formal complaint and send the esa50 form back to the dwp it was not me.

It is up to the dwp to let me know the outcome why my esa f2f has been cancelled and what action they may take. The dwp cannot find someone fit for work without an esa f2f assessment that's a fact by esa regulations.

Begging your pardon I suggest you update yourself with welfare benefits and regulations so not to make someone vulnerable being stressed out by your reply. DWP decision maker can never stopped a benefit without giving a claimant reason why by a written letter.
    Last edited by aimee0763; 13-08-2018 at 1:32 AM.
    • aimee0763
    • By aimee0763 13th Aug 18, 1:18 AM
    • 168 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    aimee0763
    • 13th Aug 18, 1:18 AM
    • 13th Aug 18, 1:18 AM

Exactly that Income Support is a mean tested benefit when you've had young children the dwp is actually 8 years late to tell me to claim esa my youngest son is now 24 years old perhaps they've forgot about me.

Anyway the esa assessment has been cancelled by Maximus after my formal complaint to them and my Income support payment is carrying on as normal. They can't just stopped a mean tested benefit when the fault lies with them.
    • aimee0763
    • By aimee0763 13th Aug 18, 1:23 AM
    • 168 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    aimee0763
    • 13th Aug 18, 1:23 AM
    • 13th Aug 18, 1:23 AM
    Quite right, it will depend on the reason the OP is getting IS. One reason for claiming IS is because someone in a couple is getting SSP and can claim IS top up. In this case when the SSP ends they are usually directed to ESA and when the ESA decision is made the IS will stop.

I've been claiming Income Support as a single parent because I had young children, I'm also claiming disability premium with my income support.

My youngest is now 24 years old all that time dwp has never asked me to claim esa until last year October 2017 and my income support still being paid in my account.

As mentioned Maximus cancelled my esa f2f assessment after a formal complaint and sent my esa50 form to the dwp. I shall wait for the outcome. I just wanted to know if anyone has had their esa f2f cancelled and sent back to the dwp and what was the outcome.
    Last edited by aimee0763; 13-08-2018 at 1:28 AM.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 13th Aug 18, 6:24 AM
    • 3,613 Posts
    • 3,464 Thanks
    poppy12345
    Begging your pardon I suggest you update yourself with welfare benefits and regulations so not to make someone vulnerable being stressed out by your reply. DWP decision maker can never stopped a benefit without giving a claimant reason why by a written letter.
    Originally posted by aimee0763
    A claimant can be found fit for work for failing to attend the assessment.
    http://www.cpag.org.uk/http%3A/%252Fwww.cpag.org.uk/content/ask-cpag-online-esa-problem-areas-claims-and-payments-have-you-failed-attend-medical-examina

As you don't have young children, do you claim Carers Allowance for looking after someone? This is another reason you could be claiming IS.
    • calcotti
    • By calcotti 13th Aug 18, 7:51 AM
    • 664 Posts
    • 430 Thanks
    calcotti
    Your original post says
    . .received a letter telling me the ESA assessment has been cancelled altogether for me to ring the DWP . . .
    I interpreted your original post to mean that you had been instructed to contact the DWP hence the advice to follow the instruction.

The cancellation letter did not suggest I ring the dwp it said IF I want I can find out why the esa assessment has been cancelled I can ring the DWP.
    That's fine, your choice then.

DWP decision maker can never stopped a benefit without giving a claimant reason why by a written letter.
    I haven't suggested that you would not get any further letters. My concern is that, given the poor communication displayed by the health assessors, if the DWP think that it is you that has failed to attend the assessment they will find you fit for work by default. You would then be refused ESA, although you could challenge the decision. If you are going through an IS to ESA transfer (you cannot receive both) once an ESA decision is made your IS would come to an end - but you will of course be sent letters about this before it happens.

...perhaps they've forgot about me.
    That does seem likely. The IS to ESA transfers were supposed to be completed by 2014.
    http://www.cpag.org.uk/content/incapacity-esa-transfer-and-reassessment

As you say you do not appear to be at fault and it is up to the DWP to decide how to proceed. Anyway - good luck with this and hope it works out for you.
    Last edited by calcotti; 13-08-2018 at 9:18 AM.
    • TELLIT01
    • By TELLIT01 13th Aug 18, 9:26 AM
    • 5,468 Posts
    • 6,061 Thanks
    TELLIT01

The OP has stated that their youngest child is now 24. Unless they are a Carer they have no entitlement to Income Support. The OP hasn't clarified whether or not they are a Carer.
    The OP wouldn't be able to have a live claim for IS and ESA assuming she is claim the Income Related version of ESA. Only one income related claim is allowed.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 13th Aug 18, 9:36 AM
    • 3,613 Posts
    • 3,464 Thanks
    poppy12345
    The OP has stated that their youngest child is now 24. Unless they are a Carer they have no entitlement to Income Support. The OP hasn't clarified whether or not they are a Carer.
    The OP wouldn't be able to have a live claim for IS and ESA assuming she is claim the Income Related version of ESA. Only one income related claim is allowed.
    Originally posted by TELLIT01
    I know this but thanks. As i made my previous comment in post #4, at that time i had no idea of the age of the OP youngest child because this wasn't made clear by the OP until post #8.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 13th Aug 18, 9:40 AM
    • 3,613 Posts
    • 3,464 Thanks
    poppy12345
    To save any confusion, this is a previous thread from the OP. It states "their friend".https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5833945

Clearly by this thread, it's not their friend but them that's having the issues.
    • aimee0763
    • By aimee0763 14th Aug 18, 1:42 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    aimee0763
    A claimant can be found fit for work for failing to attend the assessment.
    http://www.cpag.org.uk/http%3A/%252Fwww.cpag.org.uk/content/ask-cpag-online-esa-problem-areas-claims-and-payments-have-you-failed-attend-medical-examina

As you don't have young children, do you claim Carers Allowance for looking after someone? This is another reason you could be claiming IS.

I agree they can stop your benefit if you fail to attend but that do not apply to me. Maximus cancelled my f2f assessment not me. I have written proof from their email and letter.

Below is a piece from a long email from Maximus

As such, we have returned your case to the DWP at this time, for them to consider the next course of action. Should you wish to contact the DWP to discuss the current status of your claim, you can call them on. I certainly do not wish to contact them.

On behalf of Centre for Health and Disability Assessments, I would like to apologise for the upset that this matter has caused you.

I can confirm that your complaint will remain on our records for future reference, and I do hope that any future dealings that you may have with our service will not give you cause for concern.

I doubt my benefit would be stopped. It's been less than a month since that email. I shall wait from the dwp. I've been told two other claimants has had the same as me recently from Maximus and have been put in the support group by paper based assessment.
    • aimee0763
    • By aimee0763 16th Aug 18, 8:04 AM
    • 168 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    aimee0763
    Your original post says

I interpreted your original post to mean that you had been instructed to contact the DWP hence the advice to follow the instruction.

That's fine, your choice then.

Well Maximus gave me the choice by saying if I wish to contact the DWP, my choice I do not wish it. It shouldn't be a problem surely.

I haven't suggested that you would not get any further letters. My concern is that, given the poor communication displayed by the health assessors, if the DWP think that it is you that has failed to attend the assessment they will find you fit for work by default. You would then be refused ESA, although you could challenge the decision. If you are going through an IS to ESA transfer (you cannot receive both) once an ESA decision is made your IS would come to an end - but you will of course be sent letters about this before it happens.

I didn't even had a chance to come across an assessor because of several f2f cancellations by Maixmus. Why would the DWP think I have failed I have clear letter stating by Maximus they will and have cancelled my f2f assessment those letters should be in my file for DWP to see besides if the DWP thought I have failed to attend I would have send them both the email and letters I've received by Maximus that onus would be on me to ensure DWP see proof of the cancellations letters and email by Maximus.

That does seem likely. The IS to ESA transfers were supposed to be completed by 2014.
    http://www.cpag.org.uk/content/incapacity-esa-transfer-and-reassessment

I'm on IS which is a mean tested benefit I've never been on Incapacity Benefit which is not a mean tested benefit.

As you say you do not appear to be at fault and it is up to the DWP to decide how to proceed. Anyway - good luck with this and hope it works out for you.

No I'm not at fault and have proof of letters and email from Maximus stating clearly the esa assessment itself has been cancelled and that I do not need to attend the onus now is on the DWP to let me know the outcome. Thank you I too hope it'll work out.
    • aimee0763
    • By aimee0763 16th Aug 18, 8:10 AM
    • 168 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    aimee0763
    To save any confusion, this is a previous thread from the OP. It states "their friend".https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5833945

Clearly by this thread, it's not their friend but them that's having the issues.

Sorry for the confusion but sometimes I become my friend for personal reasons otherwise every dealing with the DWP is legit on our sides.
    Last edited by aimee0763; 16-08-2018 at 8:17 AM.
    • aimee0763
    • By aimee0763 16th Aug 18, 8:12 AM
    • 168 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    aimee0763
    Originally posted by TELLIT01

I am a Carer and the claim is for ESA Income Related. DWP knows of that too.
    Last edited by aimee0763; 16-08-2018 at 8:15 AM.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 16th Aug 18, 8:20 AM
    • 3,613 Posts
    • 3,464 Thanks
    poppy12345
    I am a Carer
    Do you claim Carers Allowance? People can be a carer and not claim carers allowance. Just trying to understand why you're claiming Income Support.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

168Posts Today

1,239Users online

Martin's Twitter