Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RJordan
    • By RJordan 12th Aug 18, 1:45 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    RJordan
    NCP unfair penalty charges
    • 12th Aug 18, 1:45 PM
    NCP unfair penalty charges 12th Aug 18 at 1:45 PM
    In august 2017 I have entered NCP car park in Hemel Hampstead to deliver a package to a enterprise car rental office which is located inside the car park. A month later i received a PCN of 100 to pay for parking. The PCN had a camera picture of my car for the enter / exit time for period of 3 minutes and 20 seconds.
    I was surprised that i have to pay 100 penalty, I did not use the car park or park in the car park at all.
    I contacted NCP explaining the situation but they ignored my question and keep asking for the sum of 100. I read on the the forums and ignored the penalty as I think this is unfair charge.

Today nearly a year later I received County Court Claim for the sum of 249 from BW Legal stating I have not paid the PCN. The PCN was issued based on automatic number plates recognition camera and penalty was not placed on the car windscreen .

I am wandering what I can do with the county court claim and not pay the unfair charge. I think this is complete robbery and system is not complying with the regulations.. There should be a periods of time which you can enter the car park for free. What if there is no parking spaces and you exit the car park? do you still get a penalty ticked? , or if you are not happy with the parking fee and like to park somewhere else?

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Aug 18, 1:50 PM
    • 37,526 Posts
    • 21,736 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Aug 18, 1:50 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 1:50 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

You need to go there now to learn about the game you are now caught up in

#2 there advises on Court claims right through to the hearing

(This forum didn't advise you to ignore this!!)
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 12th Aug 18, 1:52 PM
    • 37,575 Posts
    • 84,515 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 12th Aug 18, 1:52 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 1:52 PM
    Start by reading the sticky thread for NEWBIES, especially post 2 which has a step by step guide to court.

I doubt the word penalty was used, but if it is, then you should complain to the BPA and DVLA about the use of misleading language that implies some authority.

When you respond to the court you will be using legal arguments so need to get the terminology correct.

There has been no advice to ignore a private parking charge on this forum since the law changed in 2012.
    In NCPs rejection of your appeal, did you get a PoPLA code?

Where did this alleged event take place?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,155Posts Today

7,823Users online

Martin's Twitter