Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Susanhunter20
    • By Susanhunter20 12th Aug 18, 1:11 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Susanhunter20
    Lost Parcel - Retailer and Delivery Company Refusing to Refund
    • 12th Aug 18, 1:11 PM
    Lost Parcel - Retailer and Delivery Company Refusing to Refund 12th Aug 18 at 1:11 PM
    Hi, Collect Plus have admitted they have lost my return parcel. They say the retailer should refund me and submit a claim with them. The retailer is saying collect plus should refund me. It is £300, so not an insignificant amount of money. Can anyone help with advice on how to resolve?

THanks,
    Susan
Page 1
    • AndyMc.....
    • By AndyMc..... 12th Aug 18, 1:14 PM
    • 2,569 Posts
    • 1,585 Thanks
    AndyMc.....
    • 12th Aug 18, 1:14 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 1:14 PM
    Hi, Collect Plus have admitted they have lost my return parcel. They say the retailer should refund me and submit a claim with them. The retailer is saying collect plus should refund me. It is £300, so not an insignificant amount of money. Can anyone help with advice on how to resolve?

THanks,
    Susan
    Originally posted by Susanhunter20
    Who has paid for the return?
    Hi there! We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 12th Aug 18, 1:15 PM
    • 13,063 Posts
    • 10,404 Thanks
    unholyangel
    • 12th Aug 18, 1:15 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 1:15 PM
    Im assuming this was a return arranged by the retailer (you didn't organise & pay for it)?

If so, remind the retailer they can only assign the benefit to a third party, not the obligation. Meaning they remain fully liable for the actions of any contractor they choose to outsource to.

Send a letter before action if necessary.
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,281Posts Today

6,467Users online

Martin's Twitter