Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • griffloc
    • By griffloc 12th Aug 18, 12:33 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    griffloc
    TSB log in problem
    • 12th Aug 18, 12:33 PM
    TSB log in problem 12th Aug 18 at 12:33 PM
    Has anyone else noticed that the TSB on line banking site asks for characters from your memorable info which isn't at all random? Also, usually if you abandoned the log in and retried, the characters asked for would normally change, but now it keeps asking for the same characters.
Page 1
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 12th Aug 18, 12:52 PM
    • 3,817 Posts
    • 985 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 12th Aug 18, 12:52 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 12:52 PM
    That's TSB for you.

Why TSB account holders stay with TSB even though there are recurring problems is completely beyond my understanding. If you're having problems, switch. Then hope that TSB can then operate the 7-day switch without problems.
    • Sea Shell
    • By Sea Shell 12th Aug 18, 1:05 PM
    • 867 Posts
    • 1,314 Thanks
    Sea Shell
    • 12th Aug 18, 1:05 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 1:05 PM
    .......5%!!!
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow "
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 12th Aug 18, 1:09 PM
    • 844 Posts
    • 648 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    • 12th Aug 18, 1:09 PM
    .......5%!!!
    Originally posted by Sea Shell
    ...ditto...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 12th Aug 18, 1:09 PM
    • 2,810 Posts
    • 3,758 Thanks
    ceredigion
    That's TSB for you.

Why TSB account holders stay with TSB even though there are recurring problems is completely beyond my understanding. If you're having problems, switch. Then hope that TSB can then operate the 7-day switch without problems.
    Originally posted by Anthorn
    Long playing record , getting a little monotremes.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 12th Aug 18, 1:10 PM
    • 7,864 Posts
    • 8,701 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 12th Aug 18, 1:10 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 1:10 PM
    That's TSB for you.

Originally posted by Anthorn
    As I read it, OP isn't 'having problems' with TSB, despite the thread title, they're simply observing a quirk that isn't impinging on their access in any way.

I do agree that it makes sense to switch away for anyone who relies on using TSB for their primary banking and is still experiencing significant ongoing issues accessing their accounts, but the lack of noise about them on here since the worst of the shambles several months ago would suggest that such problems are now the exception rather than the rule.
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 12th Aug 18, 1:23 PM
    • 844 Posts
    • 648 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    • 12th Aug 18, 1:23 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 1:23 PM
    I do agree that it makes sense to switch away for anyone who relies on using TSB for their primary banking and is still experiencing significant ongoing issues accessing their accounts, but the lack of noise about them on here since the worst of the shambles several months ago would suggest that such problems are now the exception rather than the rule.
    Originally posted by eskbanker
    I'm more than happy with my TSB Current Plus account. BACS deposits are processed, direct debit and standing orders are all fine too, so my bills get paid on time. They had a bad week. But now everyday banking needs are satisfied plus I get 5% too!!
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 12th Aug 18, 2:24 PM
    • 1,819 Posts
    • 764 Thanks
    soulsaver
    • 12th Aug 18, 2:24 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 2:24 PM
    I've logged in twice today and was asked for characters 245 first time & 456 2nd..
    IME if you get any wrong it asks for the same again for obvious reasons.
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 12th Aug 18, 3:21 PM
    • 26,125 Posts
    • 15,483 Thanks
    xylophone
    • 12th Aug 18, 3:21 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 3:21 PM
    Long playing record , getting a little monotremes.
    Duck billed platypus on the way?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,641Posts Today

7,712Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin