Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mrs-stressed
    • By mrs-stressed 12th Aug 18, 11:17 AM
    • 580Posts
    • 992Thanks
    mrs-stressed
    1 year on
    • 12th Aug 18, 11:17 AM
    1 year on 12th Aug 18 at 11:17 AM
    I need to know if its 'normal' to have to wait for the PIP tribunal to organise a date for the impending reappraisal of my PIP claim. It has been nearly a year now - from the first request to be reappraised due to health deterioration and after the MR in March I have heard nothing. Except for the fact that my local MP has written, my dr has written, I have rang and rang but nothing. Is it therefore to be expected that I have to wait this long - whilst health is going down the pan - and time is running out.

mrs s.
Page 1
    • NeilCr
    • By NeilCr 12th Aug 18, 12:02 PM
    • 2,452 Posts
    • 3,462 Thanks
    NeilCr
    • 12th Aug 18, 12:02 PM
    That's about the waiting time in our area. I guess it will vary from place to place but from what I have seen here and other forums it's not unusual at all
    • calcotti
    • By calcotti 12th Aug 18, 12:02 PM
    • 969 Posts
    • 669 Thanks
    calcotti
    If you lodged an appeal in March it is not unusual to still be waiting for a tribunal date. I am not sure what current waiting periods currently are (and whether it differs around the country) but, unfortunately, the process is horrendously slow.
    https://benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3771-waiting-times-grow-as-tribunals-service-struggles-with-flood-of-pip-appeals
    • mrs-stressed
    • By mrs-stressed 12th Aug 18, 5:17 PM
    • 580 Posts
    • 992 Thanks
    mrs-stressed
    • 12th Aug 18, 5:17 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 5:17 PM
    Thank you both. I printed off the link you sent me and it all sounds absolutely desperate. The backlash to their ill thought out strategy with PIP must be overwhelming. It certainly is to us who are waiting and waiting.

mrs s.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

373Posts Today

2,770Users online

Martin's Twitter