Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kah22
    • By kah22 11th Aug 18, 11:16 PM
    • 1,391Posts
    • 486Thanks
    kah22
    Photos From Dropbox To Ipad
    • 11th Aug 18, 11:16 PM
    Photos From Dropbox To Ipad 11th Aug 18 at 11:16 PM
    My girlfriend and I were at her nieceís wedding last week. One of the guests has posted 150 photographs of the whole event to Dropbox and given us the link

At the moment my girlfriend has only got an iPad and an iPhone; I have both plus a PC. My girlfriend would like to create a folder on her iPad where she can download/store the photos for easy viewing. While we both have Dropbox neither of us are quite sure as to itís proper use and how we might access them at a later date

From what Iíve read the file structure on iPad is different than on a PC in that you just canít create folders. How can we download the photos so they are basically just a click or two away on her iPad

As always thanks for the advice

Kevin
    Illegitimi non carborundum
Page 1
    • john22
    • By john22 12th Aug 18, 12:01 AM
    • 588 Posts
    • 422 Thanks
    john22
    • 12th Aug 18, 12:01 AM
    My girlfriend and I were at her nieceís wedding last week. One of the guests has posted 150 photographs of the whole event to Dropbox and given us the link

At the moment my girlfriend has only got an iPad and an iPhone; I have both plus a PC. My girlfriend would like to create a folder on her iPad where she can download/store the photos for easy viewing. While we both have Dropbox neither of us are quite sure as to itís proper use and how we might access them at a later date

From what Iíve read the file structure on iPad is different than on a PC in that you just canít create folders. How can we download the photos so they are basically just a click or two away on her iPad

As always thanks for the advice

Kevin
    Originally posted by kah22

https://www.dropbox.com/help/mobile/ios-files-app
    • tempus_fugit
    • By tempus_fugit 12th Aug 18, 12:01 AM
    • 465 Posts
    • 425 Thanks
    tempus_fugit
    Install the Dropbox app and then download the photos to your camera roll. You can then view them in the Photos app on the iPad.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 12th Aug 18, 9:20 AM
    • 8,601 Posts
    • 6,496 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    • 12th Aug 18, 9:20 AM
    • 12th Aug 18, 9:20 AM
    Alternately Open the link in safari , and continue to website then you can download from there either a direct download or save to "my dropbox" (since you already have Dropbox)
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 12th Aug 18, 9:40 PM
    • 32,321 Posts
    • 20,329 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 12th Aug 18, 9:40 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 9:40 PM
    Download the photos to pc then transfer them to ipad with it plugged into the pc.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 13th Aug 18, 8:53 AM
    • 2,253 Posts
    • 937 Thanks
    20aday
    • 13th Aug 18, 8:53 AM
    • 13th Aug 18, 8:53 AM
    You can even link Dropbox to the Files app too assuming you have iOS 11:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT206481
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,209Posts Today

5,027Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin