Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ginashamz
    • By ginashamz 11th Aug 18, 9:37 PM
    • 88Posts
    • 11Thanks
    ginashamz
    RX8 PZ bad underside rust
    • 11th Aug 18, 9:37 PM
    RX8 PZ bad underside rust 11th Aug 18 at 9:37 PM
    Hi
    I can get hold of the sills (2 bare metal beams) for around 150. They would then need to be welded and primed/painted by a body shop. Mazda main dealer have also quoted me 186 for each front wing although I need to ask if that is primed and painted. Apparently the front wings are a direct bolt on so it shouldn't be hard fitting it on.

All this would solve the rusted lower wings and sills I already have on my car but wondering what I should expect to be charged to weld on the sills, paint them and fit the new wings?

Thanks
Page 1
    • AndyMc.....
    • By AndyMc..... 11th Aug 18, 10:22 PM
    • 2,469 Posts
    • 1,516 Thanks
    AndyMc.....
    • 11th Aug 18, 10:22 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 10:22 PM
    I don't think anyone can say until the old ones are removed and they know what they are welding.
    Hi there! Weve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if youre unsure why its been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

599Posts Today

5,849Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • May I state with absolute authority and conviction that my poll is worthless. It never purports to be of worth - w? https://t.co/acXRTGUH4z

• RT @BBCkatyaadler: Importent to remember in all furore over possibly extending transition that there will be no transition period at all if?

• Today?s poll: If the only leave option is a NO-DEAL Brexit. Would you then support a ?People?s Vote? to decide if? https://t.co/AxswLUSNPJ

• Follow Martin