Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mtong
    • By Mtong 11th Aug 18, 9:22 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Mtong
    Third party insurance [Churchill + Privilege]
    • 11th Aug 18, 9:22 PM
    Third party insurance [Churchill + Privilege] 11th Aug 18 at 9:22 PM
    Hello,

I was involved in a car incident where I was driving on the main road and a car pulled out from the side road and hit me. Both my doors are damaged (left) and back paintwork and bumper ripped off. This is something I have never experience - first time, shocked and shaken up

I reported to Churchill, my insurance company an hour after the incident. They said I would have a car hire for approx 2 months, then the following day, they said 7 to 14 days. Thankfully, the driver admitted fault and his insurance company (Privilege) contacted me to offer third-party insurance claim the following day.

When I called back up to Churchill insurance, the male said that "it is best to take my claim to Privilege because we are sister company". I have been very stressed, emotionally and distraught from this car incident as I am a carer for my family and work long hours, and transporting my family member to and from hospital weekly. This is the only family car we have.

I proceeded with Privilege based on Churchill advice and they said they will help to repair the vehicle but my friends and work colleagues say my vehicle is a potential write off based on the images and also the physical look of the damage. Privilege offered me a car hire, but the car company says I only have it for 7 days only now.

If the car is a write-off, I am not able to find a replacement family vehicle in 7 days.

Please can anyone help, greatly appreciate. I have never been through this.
Page 1
    • keith1950
    • By keith1950 12th Aug 18, 8:42 AM
    • 2,494 Posts
    • 1,121 Thanks
    keith1950
    • 12th Aug 18, 8:42 AM
    • 12th Aug 18, 8:42 AM
    If it is a write off you should be able to use the hire car until you receive a settlement . Once you've received the money it's down to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

54Posts Today

3,307Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin