Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • si2winit
    • By si2winit 11th Aug 18, 9:17 PM
    • 37Posts
    • 6Thanks
    si2winit
    DC funds when they close?
    • 11th Aug 18, 9:17 PM
    DC funds when they close? 11th Aug 18 at 9:17 PM
    Fidelity have a number of locked funds I am not allowed to contribute to and showing as closed to future contributions.

Does anyone know what happens when the funds I have chosen previous and hold shares close? Do I need to move my funds to another fund? Am I notified when this happens?

Thanks in advance but canít find any info online
Page 1
    • Marcon
    • By Marcon 11th Aug 18, 10:47 PM
    • 415 Posts
    • 291 Thanks
    Marcon
    • 11th Aug 18, 10:47 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 10:47 PM
    Closing to future contributions means just that: you can't add any more to the money you already hold in these funds.

Closing a fund completely (i.e. discontinuing it) means you will need to move your money to another fund.

You should be notified if either of the above events occurs.

If you can't find info online, contact the fund manager - there will be a helpline number on their website.
    • Linton
    • By Linton 12th Aug 18, 7:33 AM
    • 9,569 Posts
    • 9,780 Thanks
    Linton
    • 12th Aug 18, 7:33 AM
    • 12th Aug 18, 7:33 AM
    Funds usually close to new contributions when they have been too successful in attracting investors. The manager decides that he would be unable to find any extra worthwhile investments without distorting the market. EM and the Far East have been problem areas in this respect for some time.

So there is no reason for you to do anything. Just continue to monitor the performance as there may be an indication that the manager has lost some of his enthusiasm.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

178Posts Today

1,379Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin