Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wander101
    • By wander101 11th Aug 18, 7:23 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    wander101
    Refund for online PT
    • 11th Aug 18, 7:23 PM
    Refund for online PT 11th Aug 18 at 7:23 PM
    Hello all,

If you are unhappy with a online PT service can you ask for a refund for the remaining part of service if you havent signed a contract or given any info with regards to cancellation

Please can you give some advice if you can? Where do I go from here?
    Last edited by wander101; 12-08-2018 at 8:43 PM.
Page 1
    • owen_money
    • By owen_money 12th Aug 18, 6:40 PM
    • 515 Posts
    • 601 Thanks
    owen_money
    • 12th Aug 18, 6:40 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 6:40 PM
    You must feel fitter as this guy has certainly given you the 'run around'
    One man's folly is another man's wife. Helen Roland (1876 - 1950)
    • steampowered
    • By steampowered 12th Aug 18, 8:33 PM
    • 2,733 Posts
    • 2,658 Thanks
    steampowered
    • 12th Aug 18, 8:33 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 8:33 PM
    It sounds like the PT did what you asked - he gave you an exercise and meal plan?

If the 2 weeks in Ireland is a problem - can't you just continue with the plan when you get back?

It doesn't sound like you have much ground to ask for a refund.
    • dj1471
    • By dj1471 12th Aug 18, 9:40 PM
    • 1,274 Posts
    • 880 Thanks
    dj1471
    • 12th Aug 18, 9:40 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 9:40 PM
    Hello all,

on 29/7/18 I had a phone call with an online personal trainer and paid for a month with him over the phone for 250. He had me track my food on MFP and fill out a questionnaire and I heard from him again on 3/8/18 via skype where he went through my MFP and I discussed with him what I wanted from the training etc. on 4/8/18 he uploaded 4 weeks worth of exercises which required gym access but during skype call I made it clear that 2 of those weeks I would be in Ireland and have no access and he said he would tailor the programme. Anyway to cut a long story short it took at least a day each time I had a query to hear back and I felt that it wasnt going to be a suitable programme for me starting out. So, on 4/8/18 I text to say I wanted to cancel. He offered to phone me to discuss but I declined as I didnt feel this was going to resolve my issues. I asked for a partial refund, minus the costs of the first week of the programme to which he agreed. I contacted him on 9/8 , 10/8 and 11/8 via whats app and sent an emial on 11/8 but he has not viewed these messages of responded. I feel that he is now ignoring my requests for the partial refund. I never signed any contract and was not made aware of any terms/conditions/ cancellation policy etc.

Please can you give some advice if you can? Where do I go from here?
    Originally posted by wander101
    Doesn't sound like you have any real grounds for cancellation, but if he's agreed in writing to give you a partial refund then you could pursue him in small claims court for it, assuming you know who he is and have his address.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,671Posts Today

9,005Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin