Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Rust89
    • By Rust89 11th Aug 18, 5:43 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Rust89
    Smart Parking PCN - Need Advice
    • 11th Aug 18, 5:43 PM
    Smart Parking PCN - Need Advice 11th Aug 18 at 5:43 PM
    This is difficult for me to explain so I apologise in advance if this is hard to read.

So I received a letter from Smart Parking issuing the driver with a PCN a couple of days ago. The driver works in the retail park where they were caught. There is a staff car park where members of staff are allowed to park but are kicked out every evening at 19:30 because it needs to be locked up by security for reasons I am unsure of. Because of this inconvenience members of staff have always been told by the security staff and the management of the store they that they can just park in the main car park for free on days when they finish later than 19:30. The driver has been parking in the main car park regularly for a while now with no problems. Smart Parking have been in charge of the car park for a few years and only fitted the ANPR system a few weeks ago. This first charge dates back to 26/07/18 and the driver has parked without paying several times since so they are expecting more to arrive in the post in the coming days. Any advice for the driver please?
    Last edited by Rust89; 11-08-2018 at 6:23 PM. Reason: Removal of identity
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Aug 18, 5:47 PM
    • 9,832 Posts
    • 10,167 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 11th Aug 18, 5:47 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 5:47 PM
    Surely your first port of call is your employer.

Get them to cancel the tickets.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Aug 18, 5:49 PM
    • 19,617 Posts
    • 24,921 Thanks
    Redx
    • 11th Aug 18, 5:49 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 5:49 PM
    yes, read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread near the top of this forum and use the blue text template to appeal each one in turn , appealing as KEEPER

edit your last post to remove any hint of who was driving

if the pcn arrived after day 15 following any event then they failed POFA2012 which helps in appealing to popla

the driver should not park there again unless they get on a whitelist, or unless they comply with the terms on the signage, including any maximum period of parking (I suspect the driver overstayed)

and as mentioned above, get the employer or H.R. to cancel the pcn,s
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Aug 18, 5:51 PM
    • 19,763 Posts
    • 31,229 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 11th Aug 18, 5:51 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 5:51 PM
    Get your employer involved.

If you've got to fight these tickets via appeal, you'll need to get familiar with the actions to take by reading the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1.
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 11th Aug 18, 6:17 PM
    • 10,239 Posts
    • 10,134 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 11th Aug 18, 6:17 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 6:17 PM
    The PPC seem t be at odds with the landowner, get your employer to arrange with the PPC for your VRN to be white-listed. Also, complain to your MP, it does no harm and will cost the PPC money to reply.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the House of Commons recently

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,487Posts Today

8,157Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @kelsher123: @MartinSLewis First time switcher! And no, it wasn?t as challenging as I thought???? A British Gas customer so no brainier. Th?

• Agreed but by marketing it as cough specific people think there's something extra so they buy this rather than gene? https://t.co/hATY3W8Yia

• Good news for those aggressively criticising this poll and trying to pull it apart. I've just got off a 3 way call? https://t.co/Pu750aktyg

• Follow Martin