Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • prowla
    • By prowla 11th Aug 18, 5:33 PM
    • 10,110Posts
    • 8,342Thanks
    prowla
    V12 Retail Finance - fraud letter
    • 11th Aug 18, 5:33 PM
    V12 Retail Finance - fraud letter 11th Aug 18 at 5:33 PM
    I've received a letter from Secure Trust Bank PLC, trading as V12 Retail Finance, which states:
    "We have received an application in your name. Information we have received suggests your name, address, personal identification details may have been used by another person to impersonate you."
    And then goes on to give some more information and has a couple of pages regarding CIFAS and how I can pay them 2 for a copy of my credit file and 10 a copy of any information held on me.

(I've not applied for a loan anywhere recently.)

Can anybody advise whether this company is genuine?

Thanks!
Page 1
    • camelot1971
    • By camelot1971 11th Aug 18, 8:45 PM
    • 924 Posts
    • 1,429 Thanks
    camelot1971
    • 11th Aug 18, 8:45 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 8:45 PM
    V12 are a huge company and offer credit via a lot of online retailers.
    • D_M_E
    • By D_M_E 11th Aug 18, 9:41 PM
    • 2,106 Posts
    • 69,797 Thanks
    D_M_E
    • 11th Aug 18, 9:41 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 9:41 PM
    2 and 10 for a copy of what they are legally obliged to send you for free?

Send them a - I think it's called - request for a SAR under GDPR and they have to provide you with everything they have on you for free.

Also, if someone has attempted fraud by using your details, then CIFAS protection is a good idea and does not cost much.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

162Posts Today

1,643Users online

Martin's Twitter